**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

some of ya'll are so dramatic :lol:
its ...
Portlandia Its Over GIFs | Tenor

Lakers are currently 8 games wins from the title.

They’ve gone 27-13 since trading Westbrook with a team that never had time to gel. Both of our stars have been playing injured because they had to carry our team when 40% of our salary cap was committed to a player who didn’t fit.

With that said, Whether the title window is over or not depends solely on how healthy Lebron and ad will be for our playoff run next year. I can’t answer that. I can only hope. And ima keep hoping for them to succeed and be healthy because it’s fun and I like seeing the lakers compete for rings.

AD has gotten hurt 3 outta the last 4 seasons before January, Bron stay having bad luck or just old man injuries now.

They just aren't reliable throughout the season.

AD has gotten hurt 3 outta the last 4 seasons before January, Bron stay having bad luck or just old man injuries now.

They just aren't reliable throughout the season.
Build the team out with depth and fit, then go from there.

We’ve discussed this a million times, but lighten the load and demand on AD/Bron -> they will have a better chance of being healthy in April/May/June

When you start 2-10, stars have to rush back from injuries or play playoff level ball, just to make the playoffs. That takes a toll.

We’ve discussed this a million times, but lighten the load and demand on AD/Bron -> they will have a better chance of being healthy in April/May/June

When you start 2-10, stars have to rush back from injuries or play playoff level ball, just to make the playoffs. That takes a toll.
yeah im hoping retain ar rui vando(?) and w/e else
ar and rui start, take a leap, should help bron/ad through the 82

Shipping Bamba, Beasley, and a pick should get us something decent.
I've looked at the players slotted to make between $22-28M, but hard to construct a reasonable trade.

I think the more realistic option is to decline Bamba's option, and re-sign him for a lower amount. Then with Beasley either shop him (with or without #17 pick) or decline his option altogether.

I've looked at the players slotted to make between $22-28M, but hard to construct a reasonable trade.

I think the more realistic option is to decline Bamba's option, and re-sign him for a lower amount. Then with Beasley either shop him (with or without #17 pick) or decline his option altogether.

demar derozan finally gonna become a laker

:nerd:

With the new CBA, I think the lakers would prefer to keep the 17th pick.

I feel bad for Troy Brown Jr. He could play better than Lonnie & Dlo have in this series

This team next year as currently constructed w/ slight improvements is a top 4 seed in the west.There should be opportunities for load management since it shouldn’t be any 2-10 starts or you superstars playing balls to the wall to catch up.Don’t see how the window is closed,have you guys even seen the landscape of the west?

Denver
PHX
Sac

Are the biggest threats,everybody else is facing big question marks

Ja’s potential suspension
Kawhi’s knees are shot
Mavs suck
Can Zion & BI stay healthy?
Is GSW done?
Minny is unserious
Is OKC ready?

I’m hella interested to see the effort tonight.
It would not shock me at all if they rolled over. But coach Ham has had them playing hard all season. I want to see how hard they go tonight.

If AD and Bron play the amount of games together in the regular season they have been the last few seasons, no matter what the supporting cast is they'll be in the bottom/half play in area again.

This was an abnormally bad year overall for the West.

essential1 essential1 I pray you are able to thump your chest tonight about D.lo.

If he scores 0 and they win. Or scores 30 and they win.
Doesn’t matter.

I wouldn’t relegate him to 10 minutes though. Moving him to the second unit still requires trying as hard as possible to get him points. In the same way Denver does for everybody not named Aaron Gordon.

Either Dennis has to pick up the scoring slack or DLo does. Gotta give everybody in the rotation the chances to have some mark on the game.

The prospect of them winning 4 games is a pretty much perfect performance from everybody. And outside Rui, they haven’t gotten it from anybody. everybody has had faults. Need to tighten it up across the board.

Back
Top Bottom