**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

man hopefully AD treats this like how Kobe & Pau took losing in 2008. Come back way better and more determined.

If you think about it, this is the first time in AD’s career where he hasn’t won a big game/series or got dominated in his basketball life. I don’t really count the Pelicans playoff games because there was no expectations. He won a college chip as the best player and won a ring on the Lakers in their first real title run. The next 2 years he could use injury as an excuse. This is the first year he really lost in the big stage, hopefully he spends the summer finding his shot again lol

At least AD didn’t have a season ending injury
Maybe he can spend the summer training. Work on his outside shot and left hand in the post.

How is Rui’s one one one defense? He looks like a strong dude. What’s his best position if he needs an assignment?

If Kyrie comes and Lebron still lose, he def not better than Kobe, let alone MJ.

Edit: Actually, if Kyrie fail, I will give him one more chance, he needs to give it a try with Bronny on the Lakers, then if he fails, he drops rankings wise to me.

Last edited:
What’s with the Kyrie infatuation?

What has he won since the 2016 finals shot in Oracle?

3 teams in 6 seasons since Cleveland

Thats exactly the infatuation.

Its like a love story, he looking for true love (winning) in all these places, when true love(winning) is with Lebron.

The people just want to see love conquer all.

And when that love conquers, another Championship season is born.

rml9hz82dp1b1.jpg

What’s with the Kyrie infatuation?

What has he won since the 2016 finals shot in Oracle?

3 teams in 6 seasons since Cleveland
Probably the fact that he can get a bucket on his own or at least put some pressure on the defense. Westbrook couldn’t shoot for ****, DLo shooting bricks they didn’t even bother guarding him.

So my guess is the only way this happens is a sign and trade.

Obviously that will trigger the hard cap.

But if they are able to re-sign AR and Rui, pick up the option on Vando prior to the s&t, would the sign and trade still be possible?

Kinda sucks...I don't want to be back to 3 max players and no depth.

Last edited:
So my guess is the only way this happens is a sign and trade.

Obviously that will trigger the hard cap.

But if they are able to re-sign AR and Rui, pick up the option on Vando prior to the s&t, would the sign and trade still be possible?

Kinda sucks...I don't want to be back to 3 max players and no depth.
No because taking into account the salaries of Bron, AD, Christie, Vando and the likely salaries for Reaves/Rui, plus cap holds it will exceed the hard cap. And Kyrie blew up the Nets situation because he wanted to get paid, so I have doubts he will take a paycut to join the Lakers.

No because taking into account the salaries of Bron, AD, Christie, Vando and the likely salaries for Reaves/Rui, plus cap holds it will exceed the hard cap. And Kyrie blew up the Nets situation because he wanted to get paid, so I have doubts he will take a paycut to join the Lakers.

Going to be a long offseason.

5 months until the tip of the 2023/2024 season.

D'lo blew it. Just needed 20 ppg from him. His biggest game was 20 points with like 15 in the 1st quarter. He's the guy that's supposed to play the Murray role so I'm not surprised if they're looking elsewhere. Truth be told if Klay and Poole weren't non factors they would've been out 2nd round. Denver was the only team they played with 2 reliable scoring options and they couldn't keep up.

Back
Top Bottom