**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This is also why AD needed to be more consistent on offense.

Ratsull didn't hold up his end of the bargain, outside of G6 vs Memphis and what 2, 3rd quarter bursts in the playoffs he was bad. His history shows he's not a 16 game player.

Last edited:
AD isn’t this dominant offensive player that people want to make him out to be…Not when he’s a non threat from outside the paint and teams can load up on him when there’s other non shooting Lakers on the court.

I don’t really care much about trade rumors right now because it’s mostly speculation but here’s a fact that I find way more interesting… Anthony Davis is eligible for a 3 year $168 mil contract extension this offseason.

Do the Lakers offer that to him now or what…And if they don’t then what happens?

Just because AD isn’t Jokic, doesn’t mean there are better options available. He’s still one of the top 3-4 big men in the world with Jokic, Embiid and I guess Giannis.

We can win a championship with AD getting paid 55 mil a year or whatever. Just need better guard play.

AD isn’t this dominant offensive player that people want to make him out to be…Not when he’s a non threat from outside the paint and teams can load up on him when there’s other non shooting Lakers on the court.

I don’t really care much about trade rumors right now because it’s mostly speculation but here’s a fact that I find way more interesting… Anthony Davis is eligible for a 3 year $168 mil contract extension this offseason.

Do the Lakers offer that to him now or what…And if they don’t then what happens?
I hope they push it to the backburner, but I can see AD wanting security asap.

D'Lo is also eligible for a two year-$67M extension until June 30. Obviously, they don't have to give him the full $67M but the advantage of an extension vs a new contract is he'd be eligible to be traded immediately I believe. If he re-signs in July, they would have to wait until December to trade him.

I think they tailored those contracts to end at the same time for a reason, wouldn't be shocked at all if they let it play out. AD without Bron and no other star in tow is a much less appealing proposition moving forward.

I think they tailored those contracts to end at the same time for a reason, wouldn't be shocked at all if they let it play out. AD without Bron and no other star in tow is a much less appealing proposition moving forward.
Why would AD let it play out? He took the longest term possible deal last time because he’s aware of his injury history and wanted the security.

Coming off the season he just had if I’m him I want that extension ASAP… and if the Lakers don’t want to pay up then get me outta here.

Why would AD let it play out? He took the longest term possible deal last time because he’s aware of his injury history and wanted the security.

Coming off the season he just had if I’m him I want that extension ASAP… and if the Lakers don’t want to pay up then get me outta here.

No, I'm saying the Lakers would let it play out. His injury history is what it's been man, and he hasn't taken the reigns. Opportunity is there to basically do a full reset after next season.

No, I'm saying the Lakers would let it play out. His injury history is what it's been man, and he hasn't taken the reigns. Opportunity is there to basically do a full reset after next season.
I might’ve misread you, it absolutely makes sense from the Lakers standpoint BUT I’m mostly just looking at it from AD’s standpoint because he has most of the leverage in this situation.

I might’ve misread you, it absolutely makes sense from the Lakers standpoint BUT I’m mostly just looking at it from AD’s standpoint because he has most of the leverage in this situation.

I'm basically saying don't be surprised if that extension offer never is extended.

There’s been opposite reporting on DLo.

Of course the Lakers would look at Kyrie or Trae. I’m sure they talk about Giannis every year too.

Doesn’t mean they pull that trigger or are even capable of pulling the trigger, especially with the cost.

Lakers outgoing trade pieces would need to be more enticing than what they would get from anybody else.

If he’s gone, he’s gone. But Chris Haynes speculating means nothing.

Lakers management have the disease of “grass is greener…”

In 2020 we won a title bc we had depth and solid defensive players. Not 3 stars and no depth. Some say it was accidental how we got there since Street Clothes Kawhi spurned us.

Now we doing the same (according to Haynes)

Unless home run deal, run it back and see if you can offload D’lo at the deadline. He could be had for cheap now too (20 a year). This is a really good regular season roster. Could do worse.

Also: nobody talks about the fact that outside of lebron and ad the rest of the team had ZERO deep playoff experience. This year was our lump. Next year will be better bc of this experience.

We had the best defense in the league after the deadline and it didn't ultimately matter cause we couldn't score enough/easily. We need better offensive talent and/or shooting.

Because I respect Tim Legler's opinion:

3:55 mark.

Soooo…nuggets shot 50/40/80 as a team and only won by 24 points total over 4 games. All games lakers either had a lead in the fourth or within 3 points in 2 of the 4 games.

So we are right there. We are like 3-5 shots a game by D’lo from sweeping them.

Let’s not reinvent the wheel here

I'm basically saying don't be surprised if that extension offer never is extended.
I won’t be surprised, with this front office but again if you’re AD and you want that security now and it’s not offered how are you going to feel about that?

And should Rui, don't know if that is something he's looking to come back, if you can get Kyrie and keep AR which by all indications is definitely feasible, you do it.

We had the best defense in the league after the deadline and it didn't ultimately matter cause we couldn't score enough/easily. We need better offensive talent and/or shooting.
Had great defense except D’lo was picked on in playoff series and other “good” defenders on team are tiny.

Small tweaks is all we need.

The formula is so damn simple (assuming Jeanie is ok paying - (spoiler: she isn’t)

Ad
Bron
ReVes
Rui
Dlo
Vando
Beasley
Bamba
Christie
17th
Thompson
Tbjr (vet min)
TPMLE

This is a top 4 roster.

Then you make available christie 17th 2029 and D’lo Beasley and Bamba (some combo of those) to upgrade from mid December to February.

Load manage lebron and ad as much as you can.

Back
Top Bottom