**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

" yea theres 3 legs to a chair but it wont stand right unless you have a good 4th leg!"
Damian Lillard
CP3
Westbrick
Bradley Beal
Zach Lavine
Demar Derozan
Devin Booker
Donovan Mitchell
Trae Young
James Harden
Prime D-Rose
McCollum

all these star guards and shooters will continue standing on 3 legs for a long xxx time with Zero Rings cause they can't seem to find adequate big man help on their respective squads to complement their games at the highest level.

I know. It's rocket science.

IMG_4641.jpeg

Might not even have to do that much but he's still getting better. This ain't a Jordan Poole. Austin game is about playing smart and finding his spots.
If someone offers him that much then they have no choice but to match it.

Whatever AR signs for will be kuz another team gave him that contract, and the Lakers had no choice but to match it .

"How do we stop or outscore the Nuggets?" should be running through everyone's minds in the Laker org this summer.

Going to have to outscore them. Can't have a starting PG who's unplayable.

The Lakers need a 5 so AD can be the 4 requires a very specific center. And a pretty complete player.

In the league that has some availability it's basically: Myles Turner, Brook Lopez,that fit the mold of shooting and can provid defense.
-Turner probably out of their price range in a trade, but not totally impossible (I think his extension kind of changed how the Pacers view him)
-Brook gets more than the full MLE because he's that important to the Bucks' success.

Then you have a bunch of can shoot, but are meh defenders. Which it is either that Center guarding the paint or guarding the perimeter. At that point, you should just find wing shooters/defenders if it's about someone getting starter minutes.

But if it's not a dead eye shooter getting starter minutes at the 5. Then the Lakers are at a huge disadvantage. LeBron, AD, Rui, and Vando might be the worst 3Point shooting team from the forward spots in the league if that's the forward rotation.

Doesn't mean you don't get a quality backup center, and run AD at the 4 for stretches. But it being the starting or closing lineup is playing with a ton of fire.

The Lakers need a 5 so AD can be the 4 requires a very specific center. And a pretty complete player.

In the league that has some availability it's basically: Myles Turner, Brook Lopez,that fit the mold of shooting and can provid defense.
-Turner probably out of their price range in a trade, but not totally impossible (I think his extension kind of changed how the Pacers view him)
-Brook gets more than the full MLE because he's that important to the Bucks' success.

Then you have a bunch of can shoot, but are meh defenders. Which it is either that Center guarding the paint or guarding the perimeter. At that point, you should just find wing shooters/defenders if it's about someone getting starter minutes.

But if it's not a dead eye shooter getting starter minutes at the 5. Then the Lakers are at a huge disadvantage. LeBron, AD, Rui, and Vando might be the worst 3Point shooting team from the forward spots in the league if that's the forward rotation.

Doesn't mean you don't get a quality backup center, and run AD at the 4 for stretches. But it being the starting or closing lineup is playing with a ton of fire.
All good trade options in a sign and trade for D’lo. Good work

This is one of my earliest basketball watching memories
How old were you? First season I can remember was Kobe and Shaq's first season in 1996-97. The disappointment and embarrassment of 98 and 99 were still present. I don't know if a team or player could be patient through four years now like back then. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom