**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The bar is so low for this team to get a dependable 15 minute backup center yet they might not be able to sign one or get Hayes to develop into one.

I think Hayes can be a bigger Wenyen. When Wenyen had bad games nobody really cared because he wasn't that important. When he had good games it was just a bonus. Hayes is kinda irrelevant to wins and losses. I hope they don't pretend to start him like Vogel did with Deandre. 2 years of terrible starting lineups, just roll with the one that finally makes sense from the deadline. Think he can be a decent small ball 5 or a 4 next to AD when Bron sits

I think Hayes can be a bigger Wenyen. When Wenyen had bad games nobody really cared because he wasn't that important. When he had good games it was just a bonus. Hayes is kinda irrelevant to wins and losses. I hope they don't pretend to start him like Vogel did with Deandre. 2 years of terrible starting lineups, just roll with the one that finally makes sense from the deadline. Think he can be a decent small ball 5 or a 4 next to AD when Bron sits
I'm really interested in seeing the outcome to the text in yellow above.

If Hayes starts multiple games at center before and during the playoffs, and the Lakers do better than getting swept in the WCF, or if they reach the NBA Finals, it will be funny as hell to hear the Jaxson Hayes excuses.

And if Hayes fails my expectations and gets Damian Jones type PT, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

People will be surprised once Action Jaxson settles in next to AD.

He didn't :lol:. It's like a month long recovery and he's been out all summer. Was in Europe right after the season ended

This late in his career, we'll never know.

That's something I'd keep close to the chest in year 21 as well.

don't need another narrative for the media to play with

Back
Top Bottom