**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Play more Hayes and take out…. Prince? 😂 alrighty then
Nope, you have Prince come off the bench and he still scores his 18 that way. You could even bring AR off the bench and start Prince at the 2, if you really the type of coach who has the moxie to try something different.

Hachimura and Prince or Hachimura and Reaves off the bench allows the Lakers 2nd team to have valuable offensive punch.

As you saw today Rui scoring single digits did nothing for that 2nd unit. Same with Wood.

Starters need DEFENSE not O.

2nd unit needs Offense more than anything

But hey, Ham's 0-5 record his last 5 vs Denver doing the same damn thang over and over obviously makes the most sense to y'all 😂

It's rocket science though

Last edited:
They gonna have to at least try that next we play then cuz this ain't working. AD looks scared and embarrassed. Only 4 free attempts says a lot.
Think AD's desire to play more PF (which means he'll be more perimeter based) and the guards having more freedom is going to result in even more inconsistent nights.

AD should never play C against these big body extra girth dudes. The long string bean centers? Sure. But not the big wide bodies
It's been proven because there is evidence. Last three years' worth.

Ham just stubborn af. He'll realize sooner than later though cause I know he ain't dumb.

I bet AD is happy Steven Adams out for the season LOL

They gonna have to at least try that next we play then cuz this ain't working. AD looks scared and embarrassed. Only 4 free attempts says a lot.
You know what they say, "If it's broken, don't fix it." Lol

Or

"The definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing expecting different results."

That my friend is your head coach Darvin Ham.

Last edited:
Lakers bench outscored Denver's. Dlo AD Reaves and LeBron didn't do enough on offense. That was the game
Lakers bench also played 10 more minutes than Denver's bench while only outscoring them by 4

Bench play was even. DEN's starters are better than LA's starters on both sides of the ball. We have 5 games straight as proof.

Darvin can continue playing the same bs lineups against Denver tho. With AD at the 5 as the only true big and 4 wings. Not once did he have the vision to even try AD-JH on the floor together against AG and Joker.

AD at the 5 with no other big works against Washington and GSW and maybe 25 other teams. But not against the teams that'll stand in their way of a championship. That's the game.

Last edited:
AD should never go 0-for in the 2nd half under any circumstances. He can get to the line just by forcing the issue. He can still be an elite garbage man and make a huge difference against that DEN offense. But DEN has counters for Bron/AD, which when healthy, seemed improbable for a time. Their starting 5 is pretty damn good.

It's a long season and this is obviously 1 game :lol:, but let's say things go according to plan and they meet up in the WCF again. This time any different?

If Bron could play 40+ minutes and keep things humming when Jokic is off the floor I'd be confident. But that's asking a lot. Might end up having to make a move anyway.

AD is probably at his best when playmakers are seeing him up and all he has to do is finish. DLo and AR are decent on ball but both look for their own shot instead getting the ball to AD for my taste. I know he had nothing in the 2nd half but that speaks more about the guys with the ball in their hands then it does AD I think.

Speaking of those two they just have to be better. So much length on the floor I think it takes away from their paint opportunities and allows to play aggressively on them.

Hayes played 6 minutes and didn't score so you can throw those minutes out. Lakers bench outplayed Denver. 3 non shooters in the starting lineup isn't changing anything
Austin
Dlo
Bron
AD
Hayes

That's 2 non 3pt shooters and I'm not saying all year, just against Denver. You gotta make adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom