**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Marc Stein:
The Lakers, for starters, couldn't trade Austin Reaves or Rui Hachimura even if they wanted to before Jan. 15. A further slew of summer signees — D'Angelo Russell, Gabe Vincent, Taurean Prince, Cam Reddish, Jaxson Hayes and Christian Wood — can't be traded before Dec. 15.

If the Lakers decide later in the season to seriously pursue LaVine, they'll first have to embrace the idea that the 28-year-old would be a very pricy No. 3 option on a team headlined by the seemingly ageless LeBron James and Anthony Davis. LaVine, again, is only in the second year of a five-year, $215 million contract.

I'm told the Lakers, at present, are focused on internal improvement, hopeful that getting Jarred Vanderbilt (who is ineligible to be traded this season after signing an extension with the Lakers in September) and Vincent back on the floor regularly will give them a meaningful boost.

crying-sobbing.gif

Yeah there is no reason to trade for Lavine.

Lavine isn't going to improve our biggest problems of 3 point shooting and offensive rebounds.
people get too fixated on the wrong things
of course a scorer like lavine WOULD help but what you giving up my hurt is more lol
would have to be like dlo rui etc and dont think he alone would make up for a lot of that gap

but yeah 3pt shooting and offensive rebs for sure. kinda feel like we need some sort of other big too but idk

kinda feel like we need some sort of other big too but idk
Yeah they should at least have 4 centers on the roster, maybe 5 just in case.

But seriously guys... this isn't AD's team, and it's not really built around his strengths. Gotta stop looking at the roster and style of play from that angle.

What's the best way to maximize Lebron? Play him next to a mobile big, give him a secondary playmaker and guys who can switch on defense and hit open 3's (or at least kinda make them lol)

That's one of the reasons he's having such a great year... a 5 out offense isn't going to emphasize post touches, it allows more driving lanes. Of course you can run post ups and pick and rolls out of this formation, but I really don't think dumping the ball into AD down low is their main objective.

Seems like during the time when Lebron is playing w/ two bigs Wood is normally playing like a wing. If he's not hitting those outside shots, or unable to switch and defend on the perimeter than his minutes will be cut short.

Once again, if Bron is still the Alpha on this team, then you have him run the point half of the time just like in 2020 and you surround Bron with 2 solid perimeter defenders a la Caruso, Green, KCP and you surround Bron with two defensive minded bigs like AD and Javale/Dwight.

DLo and Reaves will do their best to play the Playoff Rondo role as the other Floor General when Bron isn't manning the point.

It aint a mystery. The championship script is already there to follow.

Once again, if Bron is still the Alpha on this team, then you have him run the point half of the time just like in 2020 and you surround Bron with 2 solid perimeter defenders a la Caruso, Green, KCP and you surround Bron with two defensive minded bigs like AD and Javale/Dwight.

DLo and Reaves will do their best to play the Playoff Rondo role as the other Floor General when Bron isn't manning the point.

It aint a mystery. The championship script is already there to follow.
What championship Lebron script have you seen where having two bigs on the floor helped to get the best out of him? Again, surround him with the most versatile two way players as possible.

Your two big infatuation is all about AD and his deficiencies, but it not how to optimize Lebron James.

What championship Lebron script have you seen where having two bigs on the floor helped to get the best out of him? Again, surround him with the most versatile two way players as possible.

Your two big infatuation is all about AD and his deficiencies, but it not how to optimize Lebron James.
What you talking bout lol, I been saying the same thing for the last 3-plus years that the Best lineup the Lakers can have is to surround AD with another big and surround Bron with 2 Bigs and 2 wing defenders just like they did in 2020.

By simply following the 2020 formula, you optimize BOTH Bron and AD.

And since we all have short memories, not only has damn near every championship team the last 20-30 years save for the 2022 Warriors featured at least 3-4 impact bigs, even Bron needed TT, Love, and Frye to beat GSW in 2016 as well as Bosh, Birdman, Haslem, and Joel Anthony to try and wear down Duncan, Diaw, and Splitter in 2013 and Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison in 2012

Bron ain't ever won a chip playing small ball with one center and nobody else bigger than 6'10." Never.

Size matters and this constant will never change in the NBA. That's why if you look at all the past champions, pretty much 98% of them feature all kinds of size no matter how great the guards and wings for those teams were. MJ doesn't win 6 if Luc Longley, Scott Williams, Cliff Levingston, Bill Wennington, Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, Dickey Simpkins, Bison Dele, etc were all scrubs

And in today's NBA, teams that have a lot of impact players with size and length are still what make up the Elite.

Last edited:
Are you somehow confused that I said no center ever lineups are the way to go?

😂
This what you wrote and I answered your question.

"What championship Lebron script have you seen where having two bigs on the floor helped to get the best out of him? Again, surround him with the most versatile two way players as possible.

Your two big infatuation is all about AD and his deficiencies, but it not how to optimize Lebron James"

You asked what championship script did an optimized Bron have two bigs NOT one big and I gave you three championship scripts where he constantly had 2-3 bigs in the rotation on three title teams not named the Lakers LOL

Wanna debate that or nah? 😂

This what you wrote and I answered your question.

"What championship Lebron script have you seen where having two bigs on the floor helped to get the best out of him? Again, surround him with the most versatile two way players as possible.

Your two big infatuation is all about AD and his deficiencies, but it not how to optimize Lebron James"

You asked what championship script did an optimized Bron have two bigs NOT one big and I gave you three championship scripts where he constantly had 2-3 bigs in the rotation on three title teams not named the Lakers LOL

Wanna debate that or nah? 😂
I also said this…

What's the best way to maximize Lebron? Play him next to a mobile big, give him a secondary playmaker and guys who can switch on defense and hit open 3's (or at least kinda make them lol)
If the other guys can switch and shoot threes that’s who you want to surround him with... not big men who are going to clog the lane for him like Javale and Dwight which is my point. Now if we’re just talking about regular season it’s just about staying healthy since that’s mostly just pickup ball style hoops.

But if you feel like putting multiple non shooters next to LeBron is the way to go have have at it dude

A fun stat

DLo
AR
Bron
AD
Rui
Wood

All have negative net ratings in 2 man lineups with TP

Need Gabe and Vando back to get him on the bench.

grittyman grittyman
So a lineup with Bron surrounded by three 6'5" - 6'8" shooters plus AD is the formula for a chip?

That what you saying?

Last I checked Bron last won a chip with the help of a 2-Big lineup surrounded by Playoff Rondo, Caruso, Kuz, KCP, none of whom have ever been known as volume three point shooters.

No one in here has ever said big men aren’t useful and the position is obsolete.
grittyman grittyman
So a lineup with Bron surrounded by three 6'5" - 6'8" shooters plus AD is the formula for a chip?

That what you saying?

Last I checked Bron last won a chip with the help of a 2-Big lineup surrounded by Playoff Rondo, Caruso, Kuz, KCP, none of whom have ever been known as volume three point shooters.
No that’s not what I’m saying.

Try again

Win tonight vs the Jazz, and they clinch a spot in the IST knock-out round and will likely be #1 in the West brackets.

If they lose, then root for the Suns to win vs the Blazers, and hope the point differential allows them to still win the group. But they should be good shape to at least be a wild card.

I just want them to beat the Jazz.

I honestly don't care about the IST.

Jazz always play us though. Especially JC.

We really have to rebound tonight.

Back
Top Bottom