**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yeah they should at least have 4 centers on the roster, maybe 5 just in case.

But seriously guys... this isn't AD's team, and it's not really built around his strengths. Gotta stop looking at the roster and style of play from that angle.

What's the best way to maximize Lebron? Play him next to a mobile big, give him a secondary playmaker and guys who can switch on defense and hit open 3's (or at least kinda make them lol)

That's one of the reasons he's having such a great year... a 5 out offense isn't going to emphasize post touches, it allows more driving lanes. Of course you can run post ups and pick and rolls out of this formation, but I really don't think dumping the ball into AD down low is their main objective.

Seems like during the time when Lebron is playing w/ two bigs Wood is normally playing like a wing. If he's not hitting those outside shots, or unable to switch and defend on the perimeter than his minutes will be cut short.

Anytime this team has looked like an elite squad during the Lebron/AD era it's when they had a lot of size & played defense. Lebron is playing amazing right now but this idea that we should rely heavily on Lebron ball is a fallacy & isn't gonna win at the highest level. Team has got to stop relying on AD to carry the entire defense, & also do all the role player/dirty work things.

Vando & gabe should be big helps in that but this teams ceiling is limited if we don't get another physical big out there.

Instead they want to try & build this squad like a "modern" team while not embracing they have two of the most unique stars in NBA history. We have two high volume scorers who are ELITE in terms of efficiency, Defense & Rebounding mixed with that can do so much.

Anytime this team has looked like an elite squad during the Lebron/AD era it's when they had a lot of size & played defense
So Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Bron and AD.. size at every position, plus defense and rebounding.

The thing that makes LeBron and his teams great is their versatility… you can play him next to a traditional PF/Center at times, and you can also play him next to another SF and AD at center…. It really depends on the situation and opponent. There’s not a one size fix all approach like some are trying to make it out to be.

Feel pretty good about AD, Wood (lol), Bron, and Rui up front. Could definitley upgrade from Hayes as a backup, but if that's what we're magnifying our focus on then something has gone terrible. :lol:

So Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Bron and AD.. size at every position, plus defense and rebounding.

The thing that makes LeBron and his teams great is their versatility… you can play him next to a traditional PF/Center at times, and you can also play him next to another SF and AD at center…. It really depends on the situation and opponent. There’s not a one size fix all approach like some are trying to make it out to be.
I agree but as someone who loved that team, the ability to go big & allow AD to Roam on Defense, or allow him to be guarded by smaller defenders on offense was huge to the success as well.

If i'm the F.O i'm focusing in on making D'Lo/Austin (Bron sometimes) the primary PG on the squad & trying my hardest to make a trade including Gabe/JHS for a decent big

Jonas Valcunias is probably a real long shot but he would be the perfect type of guy for this particular team. Someone who's physical, can rebound, hit a jumper & Punish smaller players inside when they get switched off

Vucevic on the bulls is more than realistic but i Don't want no parts of his salary going forward

I don't think they NEED another big, it would be cool. AD need to put up more than 22 a game and he can't have no more 9 pts, 5 turnover games or looking scared like he did vs Denver.

Role players need to make these open 3's. Prince was shooting 38,37, 41% the last 3 years and of course he drop all the way down to 28% soon as he put on a Lakers jersey. Gade couldn't hit a damn thing when he was out there. Dlo been shooting a lot better lately, see how long that last.

I agree but as someone who loved that team, the ability to go big & allow AD to Roam on Defense, or allow him to be guarded by smaller defenders on offense was huge to the success as well.

If i'm the F.O i'm focusing in on making D'Lo/Austin (Bron sometimes) the primary PG on the squad & trying my hardest to make a trade including Gabe/JHS for a decent big

Jonas Valcunias is probably a real long shot but he would be the perfect type of guy for this particular team. Someone who's physical, can rebound, hit a jumper & Punish smaller players inside when they get switched off

Vucevic on the bulls is more than realistic but i Don't want no parts of his salary going forward
Well we can agree to disagree then.

I'd rather take my chances with Rui or Wood than either one of those guys you mentioned here.

I don't think they NEED another big, it would be cool. AD need to put up more than 22 a game and he can't have no more 9 pts, 5 turnover games or looking scared like he did vs Denver.

Role players need to make these open 3's. Prince was shooting 38,37, 41% the last 3 years and of course he drop all the way down to 28% soon as he put on a Lakers jersey. Gade couldn't hit a damn thing when he was out there. Dlo been shooting a lot better lately, see how long that last.

No excuses for the straight up stinker games he'll put up every now & then, But expecting AD to put up 26-30 ppg while being the entire backbone of the defense & rebounding, isn't realistic

1700595724866.png

This is everyone who scored more than AD in last years playoffs, who on this list has anywhere near the responsibility AD has on defense?

going into the playoffs with Christian Wood & Hayes as your only other big man options is asking for AD to be worn down by the end of a run, IDK how many times last year during crucial stretches L.A gave up an offensive board because AD has to dart all over the place trying to account for other people's mishaps

Lakers are getting 79ppg from their 4. That’s good and sustainable.

But the back half needs to have more reliability (outside of Rui). That’s what makes championship teams.
IMG_5253.jpeg

What’s Herb Jones doing?

Valanciunas would he a huge get for the Lakers if theyvcan pull it off. Same with Myles Turner. Vucevic would be more expensive but Vuc is still 5x better than any big the Lakers have not named AD.

I'd even be okay with Poeltl in TOR

Gonna be interesting to see in the next 1-2 months if Wood and Hayes progress or regress because at the end of the day, AD gonna need help from his bigs.

No excuses for the straight up stinker games he'll put up every now & then, But expecting AD to put up 26-30 ppg while being the entire backbone of the defense & rebounding, isn't realistic

1700595724866.png

This is everyone who scored more than AD in last years playoffs, who on this list has anywhere near the responsibility AD has on defense?

going into the playoffs with Christian Wood & Hayes as your only other big man options is asking for AD to be worn down by the end of a run, IDK how many times last year during crucial stretches L.A gave up an offensive board because AD has to dart all over the place trying to account for other people's mishaps

Not saying it has to be close to 30 a night but we can't have 35 and 15 one night then 9 the next in a winnable game.

1700595724866.png

hayes was a wasted signing

they needed someone like hassan

amirite Korofi Korofi ?

Not saying it has to be close to 30 a night but we can't have 35 and 15 one night then 9 the next in a winnable game.

Can't expect a franchise player to be consistent. When we literally have a 100 year old that balls out no matter what. It's despicable.

I actually appreciate Bron so much more than I did before in a large part because of AD. Just the dedication to the craft, excellence, and the wanting of "it" it's in the vein of all the other Laker greats.

AD will be dominant for 9 games and as soon as he had a bad game he's inconsistent. Lol

That's fair but bruh what he pulled vs Joker was unacceptable opening night after them dudes talked all that ****.

9 pts vs Miami a game we shoulda won, 9 pts vs the Kings (I don't know why he love that number). Bad games happen but these are games where you forget he's on the floor. Like who is this dude??

That's fair but bruh what he pulled vs Joker was unacceptable opening night after them dudes talked all that ****.

9 pts vs Miami a game we shoulda won, 9 pts vs the Kings (I don't know why he love that number). Bad games happen but these are games where you forget he's on the floor. Like who is this dude??

We've played 14 games so far them performances are just inexplicable.

Can't expect a franchise player to be consistent. When we literally have a 100 year old that balls out no matter what. It's despicable.

I actually appreciate Bron so much more than I did before in a large part because of AD. Just the dedication to the craft, excellence, and the wanting of "it" it's in the vein of all the other Laker greats.

Finally you seen the light

1700602097186.png

I mean, he didn't even finish that game vs the Heat. :lol:
Exactly. And people only pay attention to points when he's carrying the defense every night. Just watch how much he works on any defensive possession while Bron is doing the manikin challenge. Against Houston Ham was force feeding him in the post after halftime. Do that more often and he'll be even more effective

There's definitely times where he reminds me of Kobe especially these past 2 seasons when he's really turned up his scoring. If he ends with 5 rings I'd call him the goat. There won't ever be a career that comes anywhere close to his

Back
Top Bottom