**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I guess it could be worse. The clips lost at home to Nuggets without Jokic, Murray, Gordon

We gotta get Rui and Cam back

oet72ifmzz2c1.png

The way Philly was making 3's and the way we were missing them, yeah.

Last night was a crap night. Nothing to really debate about.

People will say Nuggets did it, but that Clippers team is a trash heap. And good on that front.
But it’s not easy when you’re missing your Tier 3 and half of Tier 4 of your lineup.

Should they have more fight? Sure.

Should HiP use his timeouts? Obviously.

They are also 3 games back of the 1 seed. With not just 1 injury. They’ve had 5 or 6 already. And when some guy fills a spot, they get injured too.

Agreed.

I do find it kinda funny to see complaints about coaching when neither Bron or AD played well, team was a brick from 3 while Philly was on fire… but let’s focus on timeouts and rotations while a 1/3 of the roster is on injured reserve.

On to the next one…

Exactly. If we have a string of games like this, ok let's start having those discussions.

But last night was just one of those crappy nights. They happen.

Come out on Wednesday and play better.

Agreed.

I do find it kinda funny to see complaints about coaching when neither Bron or AD played well, team was a brick from 3 while Philly was on fire… but let’s focus on timeouts and rotations while a 1/3 of the roster is on injured reserve.

On to the next one…
Yup on to next one

BTW, did you see DEN beat the Clips without Jokic, Gordon, and Murray last night? You think that was a result of having a really good coach having his team prepared for battle on the road or because 3/5 of the Nuggets' starters were out? 😂

Yup on to next one

BTW, did you see DEN beat the Clips without Jokic, Gordon, and Murray last night? You think that was a result of having a really good coach having his team prepared for battle on the road or because 3/5 of the Nuggets' starters were out? 😂

EYE saw PG shoot 13% on one end while Reggie Jackson shot 80% on the other…. But coaching!

Saw this in a group on FB. My comment:
I'm not putting this all on AD, but I know the optics are bad. Thing is, Giannis has Brooke. Embiid has Batum & Harris. Jokic has Gordon. Who do we have consistently helping AD at the rim? Ham refuses to consistently (key word) play AD with another big. 🙁🤬
FB_IMG_1701188449791.jpg

EYE saw PG shoot 13% on one end while Reggie Jackson shot 80% on the other…. But coaching!
EYE watched the game too and Malone coached a hell of a game. Had his guys ready to play D and had little used Deandre Jordan ready to play to the tune of 21 pts, 13 rebs, 2 stls, and a block! And I bet you and everyone thought DJ was washed lol.

#coachingmatters

Wanna know how I know you making lame excuses? Michael Porter, Denver's best player on paper last night, only had 8 points and shot poorly just like PG yet the Nuggets beat the full health Clippers.

But but but....coaching though!! 😆

You got excuses for everything dog. You watching the game? 😴

You guys do know that when AD is doubled that means someone is wide open. LOL “adjustment” … how about players have to make teams pay for not guarding them? There’s a long list of stuff that matters to me before we get down to coaching.
AD was doubled just as much in 2019-2020 as he is now yet his offensive numbers and shooting percentages outside of 16 feet are way down compared to his championship season.

Marinate on this:

The Lakers as a team shot .349 from long distance in 2019-2020. This season the team is shooting about the same clip, .338%.

Looks to me that it ain't really about the others hitting open outside shots cause 3 years ago, the team was just as mediocre from deep as they are now.

It's all about how HAM is utilizing AD on offense, or lack thereof.

But but but.....coaching!!

If you can't tell by now how inadequate Ham is as a coach, then there's no point addressing all your silly excuses.

Last edited:
Saw this in a group on FB. My comment:
I'm not putting this all on AD, but I know the optics are bad. Thing is, Giannis has Brooke. Embiid has Batum & Harris. Jokic has Gordon. Who do we have consistently helping AD at the rim? Ham refuses to consistently (key word) play AD with another big. 🙁🤬
FB_IMG_1701188449791.jpg
Wanna know what that's called brother?

#RocketScience

Ham will not last in this organization if he continues to fail in playing AD next to Wood or Hayes for the majority of AD's minutes.

Budenholzer is waiting and ready and mark my words, he will go 2-BIG 24-7-365 if hired by LAL

Back
Top Bottom