**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Taurean Prince has killed the offense with how many wide open 3s he gets and his shooting percentage.
Almost 2/3 of his 3s are considered wide open. No defender within 5 feet. 31% by the way. 29% overall.
Ham should coach him on how to be a better shooter.
Or maybe he should sub one of our snipers in off the bench #rotations

Almost a quarter of the way thru the season and we still really don't have a quality won unless you count the Magic.

Almost a quarter of the way thru the season and we still really don't have a quality won unless you count the Magic.
The Cavs win was pretty good. They were missing Garland after the first half, but they're a good team.

Ham should coach him on how to be a better shooter.
Or maybe he should sub one of our snipers in off the bench #rotations
Shooting was garbo, but can we talk about the nonsensical approach on defense? Or letting a 20-2 run occur before calling a timeout?

If AD can't make shots outside the paint, it means Ham needs to come up with an offensive scheme that takes advantage of AD's strengths inside the paint so he does nothing but score from 15 feet in.

But Ham doesn't think like that so guess what, Lakers are screwed

Shooting was garbo, but can we talk about the nonsensical approach on defense? Or letting a 20-2 run occur before calling a timeout?
Sure… we can talk about schemes, timeouts, rotations, etc until we’re blue in the face but if the players don’t play better none of that really matters.

Philly called a timeout with around 7 remaining in the 1st, while the score was 16-13 Sixers leading. 3 minutes later the score is 26-15 Phi… Should there be another timeout called you just had a chance to huddle with the players? Yes or no, doesn’t matter to me. But was does matter more is that Lebron only took 2 shots, and made 1…or that with the active roster available the Lakers don’t have the offensive firepower to keep up with high scoring teams.

It is what it is.

Can’t keep doing the coaching carousel. Need some stability

But ham’s pretty clueless. WCF bought him some time. I think he’s safe

Results were bad here, but even if Austin were to have scored is this a good possession? Or an example of us making excuses for AD not bringing it?

Maybe a timeout and stern talking to would have gotten AR to pass the rock…

Results were bad here, but even if Austin were to have scored is this a good possession? Or an example of us making excuses for AD not bringing it?

I wouldn't read too much into that. Austin been a great decision maker. He wanted to cook Bev, I'll give him a pass.

A young guy like Reaves definitely needed some guidance and some coaching had HAM Sandwich called a timeout and coached his young pup after that blown play. AR definitely lacked situational awareness there by not getting AD the rock in the post

You ever been a coach or a manager/VP with 15-20 people or more reporting to you?

Rhetorical question

#coachingmattersEVERYWHERE

I don't care what industry, sport, or life one is in, effective coaching and trusted leadership are KEY to sustained team/individual success. Heck even children need solid coaching from their parents or peers to do better in life. That's how valuable and important effective coaching is. And Ham clearly hasn't been effective enough in 2023 to warrant any confidence among fans that this Lakers team is "championship caliber" minor injuries notwithstanding.

I don't care if Rui, Gabe, and Vando are out. You got your 4 main guys on the floor, ain't no gotdamm reason to be getting embarrassed and blown out by 40 coming off a W.

Ham is losing trust from his players by the day.

#NoReplyNeeded

Last edited:
You ever been a coach or a manager/VP with 15-20 people or more reporting to you?

Rhetorical question

#coachingmattersEVERYWHERE
Rhetorical question…You mean you don’t want the answer? 🤣

It’s not hard to tell by the way people post if you’ve been a coach, played the game or just a random guy talking out the side of their neck.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Austin been a great decision maker. He wanted to cook Bev, I'll give him a pass.

Neither guard is really that selfish at all.

Both play the same amount of minutes. Both make the same number of passes in a game. Both in top 10% of passes.

DLo and now AR is starting to get the same treatment that DLo always gets. Want them to be involved. Score points, but don’t shoot too much. Pass, but be aggressive. No win situation.
DLo and AR are honestly both a lot better offensively than people give them credit for.

Back
Top Bottom