**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Loving this hustle by vando. Max still making silly mistakes. He aint ready as i thought he’d be by now

All the ham talk and starting line up talk...

The real problem (that's been there all year)

Giving up entirely too many Offensive rebounds.

Poor 3pt defense

And we don't hit enough 3's.

Been the glaring issues all year. But blame Ham, hands in pockets and bad challenges
Both factors can be true (A. Ham/starting lineups & B. the issues you brought up)

Starting line-up doesn't matter to you and I and fans, but it definitely matters to the players.

Players being unhappy with their roles, unsure with what's expected of them and who they're sharing the court with, leads to confusion and lack of effort & disengagement, which leads to all the issues and symptoms of what you mentioned. Roster construction of course plays a role, but it's the coach's job to best utilize what he's got and manage personalities and egos and put them in position to succeed. And his defensive schemes have been questionable.

Feel the difference in energy tonight? Small sample size but I hope this keeps up

Feel the difference in energy tonight? Small sample size but I hope this keeps up
No need to address anything else you said in your post because this sums it up right here.

Hope.

I hope this team can play hard every night…for 48 minutes. Because that’s not even something that we can count on with this group…to play hard.

Maybe next game they can put together a simple effort but I wouldn’t be surprised if they came out and stinked up the joint. Hopefully not, but I wouldn’t hold my breath with this group.

We signed another defensive player worth a damn???? Yea, we should def play that player. Absolutely.
So anyways, it's crazy that this player you're suggesting we HAVE to play hasn't played at all tonight but the defense against the #2 team in the West… is *profanity* phenomenal.

I know. You're not wrong. Ever. Not expecting "My bad. I see that the defense is actually better without him on the floor tonight."

Expecting some quip about... who cares? 🤣 Cam isn't playing and we look better.

Back
Top Bottom