**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IMG_0418.jpeg

I was on board with option 3 as well, but seems like the general consensus is anything but Prince

I like Max, he's just small. That means either him, DLo, or reaves defending small forwards. Rui would be my choice
He’s the same height as TP, not sure about weight

Rui’s not a good defender, plus he’s more of guy that wants to do more than just catch and shot… which he’s not going to get a lot (shouldn’t) get a lot of opportunities to do that next to AD/Bron/DLo/Austin.

He’s the same height as TP, not sure about weight

Rui’s not a good defender, plus he’s more of guy that wants to do more than just catch and shot… which he’s not going to get a lot (shouldn’t) get a lot of opportunities to do that next to AD/Bron/DLo/Austin.
He's 190 pounds, I weigh more than him right now. Wouldn't want him matching up against Tatum,Kawhi etc.

Prince is 218 lbs.

He's 190 pounds, I weigh more than him right now. Wouldn't want him matching up against Tatum,Kawhi etc.

Prince is 218 lbs.
Tatum and Kawhi play a lot of PF for their teams.

Bron normally guards Kawhi.

Lakers will be fine throwing Max on most 3’s, he’s a better on ball defender than Rui.

Give rui TP's minutes and you will most certainly get more production.

Rui is a very good player, he just needs a consistent role to settle into and perfect.

He comes in off the bench cold af and is usually in rhythm, that's very hard to do.

He needs way more burn IMO

Tatum and Kawhi play a lot of PF for their teams.

Bron normally guards Kawhi.

Lakers will be fine throwing Max on most 3’s, he’s a better on ball defender than Rui.
Celtics lineup:
PG: Holiday
SG: white
SF: Brown
PF: Tatum
C: Zingus

If Bron is on Tatum, max will be on Brown, he's out weighed 30 pounds again. If Kawhi is playing PF, then Paul george is at SF. Christie is out-weighed by 30lbs again. I'm not a big 3 guard lineup guy, but to each their own.

Think Rui can start as long as it isn't the Warriors or Kings that require chasing guys around screens.

Put Rui in the starting lineup and he’s the 5th option.

Play him when Bron and AR sits he becomes a 2nd or 3rd option

Celtics lineup:
PG: Holiday
SG: white
SF: Brown
PF: Tatum
C: Zingus

If Bron is on Tatum, max will be on Brown, he's out weighed 30 pounds again. If Kawhi is playing PF, then Paul george is at SF. Christie is out-weighed by 30lbs again. I'm not a big 3 guard lineup guy, but to each their own.
The Lakers don’t play Boston again this season (unless it’s a possible finals matchup). We don’t need to debate a hypothetical scenario man.

The Lakers don’t play Boston again this season (unless it’s a possible finals matchup). We don’t need to debate a hypothetical scenario man.
He would be the smallest SF and outweighed by every single western playoff team starting SF... objectively, no debate

Would you guys be good with Lebron leaving this offseason?
I thought before the season this was going to be the last season the Lakers could compete for a title so I'm ready.

But I'm not going to be mad if he returns next season either.

Last edited:
Would you guys be good with Lebron leaving this offseason?

I’m fine if he comes back, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if left.

Either way, I don’t think the front office should kiss his *** bending over backwards making short term personnel moves just to appease him. If there’s moves to be made that work and make the team better, then by all means make them. But don’t make short sighted moves strictly because they fear Lebron is going to get mad and leave if they don’t.

Ideally, he lets us know he wants to go ahead of time, instead of opting out. Then we sign him and trade him for assets :nerd:

He would be the smallest SF and outweighed by every single western playoff team starting SF... objectively, no debate
Here are the upcoming Laker games heading into ASW

IMG_0433.jpeg

Me personally I’m fine with Max defending the best perimeter player on just about all of these opponents… Brunson, Lamelo, Murray, CJ, Cade, Sexton/Clarkson.

Remember, just because you’re a SF doesn’t mean you have to guard that position.

Back
Top Bottom