**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If the answer is Hayes, how good are we? Realistically?
Its not about THE answer being Hayes. It's about putting your team in position to succeed and be better. And to give your team the best chance to win by knowing how to maximize your personnel so it leads to more wins.

Hayes in the game with AD serves another benefit besides length, height, and size. Hayes in the game allows AD to not to have to guard Nurkic or any other center for that matter and slides AD to PF, where he has the matchup advantage 99.9% of the time and would cause all kinds of problems for the opposition. Ntm, AD from the weakside position with another Big guarding their center makes the Lakers a better rebounding team as well.

Darvin ain't got the brains to understand this, obviously.

Last edited:
Pretty subpar games from AD, Rui and Austin.

Pretty terrible games from Prince and Dinwiddie.

Maybe could've played Hayes and Christie more but it's more they guys who did play just have to be better.

Nurk killed the Lakers today... and sure he's bigger than AD, but that doesn't not give him an excuse to play soft whenever someone ramps up the physicality against him.

This roster isn't going to win anything worth a damn so I'm not gonna pretehd like there's an answer :lol:

Moves clearly have to be made this off season

Bingo.

When I declared after the Denver lost I was done this was why.

Only thing I look at now is box scores...and nights we lose 99% of the time we are out rebounded and killed on offensive boards....

Second chances points have been a killer all year.

I'll be back in the offseason.

realistically what big body big is out there that we could sign? and woukdnt we have to waive somebody to sign him?

1708924699910.png

Last edited:
Its not about THE answer being Hayes. It's about putting your team in position to succeed and be better. And to give your team the best chance to win by knowing how to maximize your personnel so it leads to more wins.
No I get all that. I've said all that.
But I'm saying, putting AD + Hayes together for x amount of minutes or AD + [some other random big that is light years away from Shaq], how many more wins does that give us on a season?
Surely you don't think that these 'Who? Oh, that guy' bigs are a 20+ W/L difference.

No I get all that. I've said all that.
But I'm saying, putting AD + Hayes together for x amount of minutes or AD + [some other random big that is light years away from Shaq], how many more wins does that give us on a season?
Surely you don't think that these 'Who? Oh, that guy' bigs are a 20+ W/L difference.
First off, we don't need anywhere close to a Shaq to be that other big in the starting lineup.

We need a center next to AD, and right now that player is Jaxson cause he's the only center we have. And the sad thing is Ham doesn't know how to develop Hayes. It's sad, really.

I have been saying since the season began (and been saying this since 2020 as well) that LA needs to start a 2-Big lineup with AD at the 4, which is his natural position. Ntm utilize a 2-Big lineup throughout the game the majority of the time which Ham has completely failed to do all season long.

Ham is THE MAIN culprit for the Lakers' disappointing season and for their lack of winning consistency. This idiot hasn't won more than 3 games in a row and has failed to adjust and continues to do the same thing over and over again hoping this will get better. #thedefinitionofinsanityisdoingthesamethingoverandoverexpectingdifferentresults

Had Darvin used 2-Big lineups with consistency since game #1, the Lakers' record right now would be much better than 31-28, I can guarantee you that.

It's too late at this point in the season because there are only 23 games left and if he started using 2-Big lineups with regularity now, good luck finding any sort of rhythm and continuity especially with a team that has like only 2 players with championship experience.. It would be better if Ham did so, but don't expect this team to make any noise should they make the playoffs. It would be too little too late. It's not like this team has a bunch of battle tested vets like Javale, Rondo, Howard, and Danny Green. Instead we have a bunch of unproven vets who aren't hard-nosed and get played off the court when it's tike to out their big boy pants on.

I want the Lakers to miss the playoffs so that Ham gets fired. Bottom line. Ham is the absolute WORST coach in the league today, hands down.

Not until the Lakers bring in a new coach who will know how to make the best use of the roster will this team overcome their mediocrity. Period.

Last edited:
I don't do sarcasm, sorry

And i wont shut up about going 2-Big either til this team wins #18 cause I aleeady know Lakers aint winning no chip as long as they continue using AD at the 5 full time.
Screenshot_20240226_101326_Chrome.jpg

Like you said earlier in the year, the "I told y'all I was right from the beginning" is coming.

But if I'm wrong, I'll admit I was wrong. Trust me though, I ain't wrong on this one. Been watching the NBA way too long to not know it. LAKERS WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP USING A 1-BIG LINEUP especially when that 1-Big aint even a real center LOL. I would put all kinds of money on it too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom