**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

it ain't wrong cause Lakers aint nowhere close to title contention
We are nowhere near title contention, that's true, but that doesn't mean your opinion... ("It's a fact! Not opinion! I have stats & real numbers!")... opinion is not wrong.
Opinions cannot be right or wrong.
It's an opinion I agree with, but an opinion.

But if I'm wrong, I'll admit I was wrong. Trust me though, I ain't wrong on this one. Been watching the NBA way too long to not know it. LAKERS WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP USING A 1-BIG LINEUP especially when that 1-Big aint even a real center LOL. I would put all kinds of money on it too.

MTFsbWVhLmpwZw

Unless you're counting Bron, LAL went 1 big in the bubble to win. :lol:

MTFsbWVhLmpwZw

Unless you're counting Bron, LAL went 1 big in the bubble to win. :lol:
No they didn't. Javale and/or Dwight started at center pretty much the whole regular season plus playoffs.

They went 2-Big damn near 86% of the time (79 of 92 total games played that season). They go 2-Big like 10% of the time now, and to make matters worse they don't even go 2-Big to start or close games. Hence why the Lakers continue to be a .500 team.

BIG difference

Screenshot_20240226_112519_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240226_112624_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
We are nowhere near title contention, that's true, but that doesn't mean your opinion... ("It's a fact! Not opinion! I have stats & real numbers!")... opinion is not wrong.
Opinions cannot be right or wrong.
It's an opinion I agree with, but an opinion.
Opinions cannot be right or wrong but they can be valid or invalid.

And my opinion that the Lakers have a better chance at winning a title going 2-Big 86% of the time vs 1-Big 99% of the time is 100% valid because it's been proven with factual evidence, factual data and statistical evidence, and more importantly it's been proven with the EYE TEST.

You're misremembering.

They benched Javale in the HOU series and started Markieff. They brought him back for DEN, but then benched him in favor of Dwert. Who stayed starting through the finals until they sat him in the clincher in favor of Caruso. But their minutes all waffled as the different series went on and while they usually started a big, it was a quick hook.

POR HOU DEN MIA
McGee 13 7.5 7.6 DNP
Dwert 19 7.8 20.2 11.8

It will always be matchup specific. I can't even pull the numbers on whether they were playing with AD (2-big), or out there as the lone big (which happened alot as AD had to rest and Dwight/Javale rarely played together) nor did I pull the ones for garbage time where they also got a bulk of minutes.

You're misremembering.

They benched Javale in the HOU series and started Markieff. They brought him back for DEN, but then benched him in favor of Dwert. Who stayed starting through the finals until they sat him in the clincher in favor of Caruso. But their minutes all waffled as the different series went on and while they usually started a big, it was a quick hook.

POR HOU DEN MIA
McGee 13 7.5 7.6 DNP
Dwert 19 7.8 20.2 11.8

It will always be matchup specific. I can't even pull the numbers on whether they were playing with AD (2-big), or out there as the lone big (which happened alot as AD had to rest and Dwight/Javale rarely played together) nor did I pull the ones for garbage time where they also got a bulk of minutes.
That's not my point though.

The LAKERS were dominant because thye had guys like Dwight and Javale to HELP AD against bigger teams, a luxury they don't have today.

Whether or not you're using those Houston and Miami small sample sizes are evidence is beside the point.

Even still, in the playoffs, when they played DENVER they still used 2-Big lineups heavily against Jokic.

As the facts I posted above show....

The Lakers used a 2-Big starting lineup in 79 of the 92 total games they played in the 2019-2020 playoffs including playoffs. And it's such a glaring difference to the lineups being used today and imo is the main reason why this team is mediocre.

They have nowhere near the amount of bigs to help AD with all the dirty work inside the paint, which AD badly needs when the Lakers play against the top teams in the league.

It shouldn't be a surprise why pretty much all the best teams in the NBA aka title contenders are teams loaded with size and length at the PF and C positions.

why do you all still waste your time with the guy who said the 49ers were gonna blow out the chiefs in the sb?

he aint never been right but he thinks hes never been wrong. 🤣 yall not gonna convince him otherwise.
I've been right about the Lakers a million more times than you clearly.

hmm let's see shall we..

Screenshot_20240226_130324_Chrome.jpg

Lol. You gonna be waiting a long time for all those Hayes DNPs buddy.

You wrong AGAIN big dog 😂

And why you still bringing me up? Remember, when you hit the ignore button it means you ain't supposed to talk about me 🤡

You ain't even a real 9er fan either. You faker than the 2023-24 Lakers bruh. Everyone on the 9er thread owns 49ers gear but you. You should be embarrassed 🤣

What your po box? I'll ship you a 49er keychain :lol:

Last edited:
Yep, Windhorst said something to that effect as well. How many more years of these shenanigans? I’m ready to move on. We can’t win a title with $60 m of cap space committed to a 40 year old. We need real depth not the prince, reddish, Hayes of the world….

Yep, Windhorst said something to that effect as well. How many more years of these shenanigans? I’m ready to move on. We can’t win a title with $60 m of cap space committed to a 40 year old. We need real depth not the prince, reddish, Hayes of the world….

Forget winning the title, we play in fodder for the present and future. He's basically going to hang on until Bronny gets to the league which at this juncture looks like it'll be 2025-2026 at the earliest.

First step for this season is taking the ball out of Bron’s hand more. Doesn’t mean he’s not option 1 or 2.

But correlation of bad offensive quarters and low DLo or AR usage is high. LeBron should be a catch and shoot, catch and drive, transition and in the post. He can pass out of the last 3.

But Bron as the primary ball handler and dribbling for half plus the shot clock stinks.

As for off-season. If LeBron is staying 3 more seasons. For the love of god. Do not go after Trae Young.

Last edited:
I better not see the same people who were saying "We're the Lakers! Why are we always so cheap?!" now saying "OMG! How much?!" 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom