**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

More like every time you're wrong....
Screenshot_20240229_125927_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_130324_Chrome.jpg

And here's even more clown action buddy.....
Screenshot_20240229_130539_Chrome.jpg

According to the clown who said LAL wasn't gonna get another big man before the 2023 trade deadline yet Rob has acquired Mo Bamba, Tristan Thompson, Christian Wood, and Jaxson Hayes since :rofl:

And oh btw...the Timberwolves are first place in the West with all their bigs. Maybe it's YOU who should be a Timberwolves fan so you get a little taste of some big men eh? 🤣

You don't know jack squat about basketball do you big dog? You ever hoop in your lifetime? Lol

3ZMs.gif
1666324059934.gif

Wannabe 9er fan, you know who #42 is? :lol:

"If it looks like a duck [🤡], swims like a duck [🤡], and quacks like a duck [🤡], then it probably is a duck [🤡]."
🤣

Last edited:
SBL tipped off at 9 AM :sick:

I assume scheduling between the big club practice and the visitors travel but I’d definitely be calling out lol

I get it.

But AD can do all the 30 and 15's he wants and Bron can get a triple double, they still ain't beating DEN or winning a chip with the way this roster is being utilized.

I don't need to worry about Bron and AD cause they've proven they can flip that switch and play elite when it's a 7 game series.

My issue is with the Others and the Coach. Those are the weakest links, not the two stars. Lakers need to start there.

Oh I agree. Age is an issue. Remember that last game vs Denver he dominated early and was completely gassed the rest of the game. Lakers asking too much from a 40 year old in June.

The West continues to be stacked. It’s not the East.

Oh I agree. Age is an issue. Remember that last game vs Denver he dominated early and was completely gassed the rest of the game. Lakers asking too much from a 40 year old in June.

The West continues to be stacked. It’s not the East.
Which is why it's the OTHERS and the COACH that need to get their games in check and wake up IF THEY SERIOUS ABOUT BRINGING A TITLE to L.A.

Last edited:

Ya he wants to break 40k points on Saturday night on prime time tv. :lol:

Interesting how McMenamin today specifically brought up what Bron said last night during the post game press conference, something which I picked up on right away immediately after Bron made the comment last night, which is a passive aggressive shot at his coach and teammates.

Screenshot_20240229_160245_Chrome.jpg

The bottom line: Ain't nothing remotely wrong with Bron. He is ready and able to win a title THIS YEAR AND NEXT.

The bigger question is: Are the Others and Ham mentally ready to mfn BRING IT EVERY GAME?!

#ChampionshipSeasonStartsWhenDarvinGetsFired

Last edited:
Looking through some games.

If they can get Vando back, and up and running. Placing him on Option 1, and Bron on option 2. And then AR and DLo match up with the other 2 guys regardless of what they are 1-4. You ask Bron to sacrifice offense and let DLo run more of the offense to pick up. Bron being engaged on defense and being a 22-23 ppg game guy lifts the team ceiling far more than LeBron just dogging it to conserve energy to score 27.
Out of the Top 8 teams right 4 require Vando/Bron to be 1/2 defense.
(Wolves, Vando on Ant, Bron on KAT. Clippers Vando on PG, Bron on Kawhi. Suns Vando on Book, Bron on KD, Mavs Vando on Kyrie, Bron on Luka, but I think they both could handle either or. Vando's physicality on Luka has worked in the past).
Nuggets would put Bron on MPJ. OKC can be a mixture of looks. Pelicans who cares and Kings who cares

The Lakers defense in the 4th was great because they were working together on switches. They weren't allowing many open shots. And they weren't overhelping. This is also a symptom of the first part with LeBron being engaged on defense. If he is engaged whether he is guarding option 1 or option 2, you can do a lot more with limited guys like DLo and AR to get an effective defense by having them hide a bit and using basketball IQ to determine what the off ball guy will do.
There was one play where they P&R'd on DLo. LeBron stayed with the ball. DLo goes with the roll man. Austin traps at the FT line on the roll man from weak side perfectly shutting down the pass to the basket (AD's presence also made the roll a bit haphazard), and DLo picked this up early and was able to recover to the open shooter in the corner, completely blew up the possession. I can't remember when in the 4th it was, but when I saw it, I was excited because 1-5 played the possession perfectly on defense.

The difference with a handful of games is the Lakers being lacksidasical on the defensive boards / not having the right personnel, and not getting enough 2nd chance opportunities. When TP is out there with DLo and Austin, that is exploited to its worst degree because TP statistically is as good as a rebounder as DLo. That isn't a good thing. Even worse when you consider TP is a 3/4, and not a PG. Where Christian Wood is needed because he is a very good rebounder, just isn't an inside presence. Absolutely needed another big body, BUT it isn't for 30 mpg, it is really just the 15 minutes that you need to give AD a breather, and keep up with rebounding.
Their strategy needs to be different. DLo and AR don't possess the athletic gifts to get offensive boards, just not feasible. BUT there has to be some kind of strategy to either collapse to the rim and completely crash on defense when a shot goes up, or erase your guy from the play with a box out. Have to have a consistent strategy game by game and follow it.

Reasoning is simple.

The team is better when Bron is engaged on defense, and guarding the ball. When Bron is off ball (conserving energy) it puts either DLo or AR on ball more, which as we all know isn't great, and if it is against all star talent will lead to poor results..

This isn't saying that DLo is now the only one handling the ball. Bron still is the guy, and still handles the offense. What you're asking is to have a balance of offense and defensive energy. But he can't conserve energy on defense, to just go all out on offense. That has lost the Lakers some games this season.
Also, the last 2 months, actually all season has shown when DLo's usage goes up, the offense performs better for a number of reasons whether it is him scoring or facilitating. When DLo isn't getting any run with the ball or shots, the offense is far worse.

If they want to win something or even try to make a run. You can't have Bron ignoring one side of the ball. Offense and having guys contribute on offense isn't the problem, defense is. When offense is the problem, it is more often missing open 3s in the corner as opposed to having talent. They have 5 guys who can score 20 on any given night.
Hiding Bron on defense to let him play harder on offense is not going to help them at all. Maybe for short stretches in a game because he is 39, but it can't be the whole strategy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom