**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So when Wood comes back and continues to not start you're gonna pay me 3k? Let's see what you come up with
"Everone healthy not just Bron/AD" still applies.

Games missed:
AD - 4
Bron - 8
Wood- 12
Hayes - 11

That's 35 missed games out of 62 total games played just from the Lakers' "bigs." If my math is correct that's 56.5% which is more than half the season that the Lakers didn't have their full complement of bigs together in active status.

once again...."EVERYONE HEALTHY"

Vando - 33 games missed
Rui - 14 games missed
Reddish -24 games missed
Gabe - 57 games missed
Christie - 13 games missed
DLo - 5 games missed
Prince- 3 games missed

To the contrary, if all of a sudden Ham wakes up and starts Wood or Hayes or Giles next to AD for a combined 10 games from now til end of the playoffs but others are still hurt, do you think I'm going to win the bet?

Why folks, including the Lakers coaches, don't understand this is beyond me
Screenshot_20240303_115446_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240303_115503_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240303_115544_X.jpg

In today's NBA on most cases you can't tell if missed games are due to injury, load management, or bad coaching lineups. This bet never had a chance.

How big the gap between the following?

- Nuggets best player vs Lakers best player?
- Nuggets big 2 vs Lakers big 2?
- Nuggets big 3 vs Lakers big 3?

Purposely not typing any names here but obviously I think we can all agree the names omitted in the second question…Joker/Murray v AD/Lebron BUT there are arguments to made about who’s the best player on the Lakers and who’s the 3rd best player on the Lakers and Nuggets. So I’m curious to see what you guys think…

Not interested in any of the mental gymnastics trying to blame last night on timeouts or DLo not being in the game (HOWEVER if you think he’s the 3rd best Laker what does that make Austin?)

DLo and MPJ.

If you ranked them defensively, AD clearly #1, but Bron/DLo would be 5/6.

If we could get engaged Rui every night the Convo could change slightly.

Bottom line, we just aren't at their level as our two best players are older/higher mileage.

DLo and MPJ.

If you ranked them defensively, AD clearly #1, but Bron/DLo would be 5/6.

If we could get engaged Rui every night the Convo could change slightly.

Bottom line, we just aren't at their level as our two best players are older/higher mileage.
I agree w/DLo being the 3rd best Laker (😂 that’s a problem and discussion for another day) but I feel like AG is the 3rd best guy on Denver… legit 2 way player, capable of defending opposing teams best 3/4 and an underrated passer/scorer.

Bottom line part is pretty much where I’m at… Lakers can hang for 43-44 minutes but at the end of the game in money time AD/Lebron can’t seem to get to that Joker/Murray level.

Lakers play a lot of guys out of position. And focused on the wrong things when bringing in new players in the off season.

When they re-sign DLo and end up trading AR, Rui and Gabe, I hope to hell it’s not for a scorer who will end up doing exactly what DLo has done for the last 2 months, unless LeBron decides he’s okay with 13 shots a game.

This seasons been so disappointing

Boston looking like they have a good chance to get #18 and pass us

Meanwhile we have AD and Lebron injury free and barely in the play-in

This has to be gross incompetence of the front office to not put a better roster together, lack of shooting, lack of perimeter defense, lack of big bodies…..another season of missed opportunity to pass Boston

This has to be gross incompetence of the front office to not put a better roster together, lack of shooting, lack of perimeter defense, lack of big bodies…..another season of missed opportunity to pass Boston

Gross incompetence? Nah...

Things just didn't work out.

Will be interesting to see who they trade for in the summer.

Last edited:

There are deficiencies, but Pelinka put together a good team.
Safe to say gabe aint coming back this season?
Possibly by the end of March, but I wouldn't bank on him being a contributor at all.

Back
Top Bottom