**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Obviously we're way past the trade deadline so it's not like what I'm about to say matters, but I'm all in on DLo. 🔥
I guess what I mean Is that even going into next season.
I feel like he's our DFish; not perfect but let's goooo.
Reminder: DFish played during a time of Nash, Kidd, Kyrie, Arenas, Chris Paul... and contributed to more championships than all of them combined. Yeah, yeah: Kobe & Shaq/Pau. I'm saying, though, Fish contributed. Mightily.
Well I think DLo can do the same for Bron/AD right now and AD/whoever moving forward.
Not the 5 championships, (because you can't guarantee that), but the same role.

They are interesting opposite parallels as well.

Fish moreso the front end defensive bulldog with spot up ability + clutch gene.

Lo moreso the offensive catalyst that can dish & dime but also get his own shot at any time he wants or spot up.

Both left handed, cerebral types.

DLo has played with Kobe, Steph, and LeBron. He prolly learned from those three just from osmosis alone, much less actually studying anything from them specifically.

If Billy Mac was bad, he would have been replaced a long time ago just like Paul Sunderland and Joel Myers were.

Billy Mac is a SoCal legend too so he definitely ain't goin anywhere.

Unless You Are Getting Qyrie Or Some Other Top 10 Player I’m Team Keep DLo.

No Need To Make Lateral Moves That Still Won’t Put You Over The Hill.

Billy Mac is the only guy that could get along with Stu :lol:. I remember Joel snapped at him one time

I can't picture D'lo having a repeat of the Denver series this year and he only needed to be ok to give the team a chance. I'm riding with him

Dlo always had this ability. Aint his career high is like 50 sumtn? So this aint surprising. The hang up is the inconsistancy and most importantly play off production. Hes been playin more consistant as of late. I dont see why at this point that would change as he seems more mentally mature.

Somebody mentioned D Fisher. Bruh, Fish turned tf up when the stakes got high. Thats ultimately the box he needs to check. Playing like this in the playoffs. They drafted him to be their point guard of the future. If he can play like this when it matters then he still got a shot to be that.

Dlo always had this ability. Aint his career high is like 50 sumtn? So this aint surprising. The hang up is the inconsistancy and most importantly play off production. Hes been playin more consistant as of late. I dont see why at this point that would change as he seems more mentally mature.

There isn’t much (key word, much) inconsistency if we are talking the regular season. A lot of the Zach Lowe, HPBasketball talk about DLo is about the **** that happened when he was a rookie and second year. Because Byron and Magic at every turn talked negatively about him. Or the Nick Young stuff, which a lot of people need to let go. First of which is Nick Young. As for Magic and Byron, sure Some of it could have been true. But still a young kid, who went to a franchise that wasn’t developing players at that time.

He’s been super consistent since 2020-21 when he moved to a 2nd/3rd option.
Any variance in game to game is a byproduct of not being one of the best 30 players in the league.

As for playoffs, if they treat him like a standstill shooter, the same “thing” will happen. He won’t get points and the Lakers will fail.
You put the ball in his hand a decent amount and he will produce. Been the thing all year, in the macro, LeBron pounding the ball into the dirt, is detrimental to the Lakers.
For whatever DLo didn’t have in the WCF. Darvin also didn’t provide the opportunity to snap out of it either. Sure DLo was out there for Game 2. But there wasn’t much from either side to change the tide in any of the games.

Last edited:
Dlo flat out choked against Denver. There's no other way to put it. It's not like Denver was doubling him. He averaged like 5ppg. That's not a coaching problem. I think he's better for it this year

Anyway.

That damn Cam Reddish missed 3 against the Mavs
Choking against the Suns last week because Nurkic
And AD not being able to handle Sabonis ever

Is the difference between them and the 5th seed.

432236576_792640152898380_1775691470837609884_n.jpg

#OJT :lol:

Screenshot_20240310_094408_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240310_100157_X.jpg

samsonite-dumb.gif

This is an example of the much more important stuff that all the numbers aren't going to show you, meaning the difference between Ham getting outcoached in the playoffs when brains, strategy, and adjustments in critical moments of playoff games are what leads to championships.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom