**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

1000005026.gif

DLo ****ty game.

Rui though has every right to be like “what the ****?” Based on his opportunities in the second half.

Also a fun plot line. If you want Ham fired, DLo is probably the key here for that. For whatever reason, Bron isn’t making the push. (I doubt Bron gives a damn that it is in season). I think that article kind of shaped the future. Rob will likely want DLo back. DLo will likely want to be back. Only if Ham is gone.
Does DLo have that cache? Probably not. But Lakers have very few pivot points and can’t lose him for nothing, and doubt teams without cap space provide anything to the Lakers in a Sign & Trade.

Last edited:
Had a ****ty game.

LeBron had 6 FGs and 5 TOs
Harrison Barnes guarded by LeBron 4 open 3s in the 4th.

AD got pummeled by Sabonis all game.

Rui had 17 at half. Got 1 shot in the second half
DLo even as off as he was. 3 shots in the second half.

DLo contributed to the loss, sure. But to not see how ****ty LeBron and AD was, and the blame needing to start somewhere with them, followed by DLo

DLo shot 9 shots. He’d have to shot 80% total to sniff his average.
It's a mental illness :lol:

I see people are ignoring that you said this.
Interesting.

I even said it a second time. Just don’t think he is a major reason they loss. When Bron had a really ****ty game. And AD had an even worse. If option 1 and 2 stink, it rarely matters what anybody else does.

But People like to be right.

When everything points to he’s been an elite shooter all year. Had 1 ****ty stretch where most of the team tanked.
And a smattering of bad games here and there.

I believe I made this point somewhere pages back, he’s not a top 30 franchise guy. This is par for the course for 3rd options. Hell even most second options.

It’s the same as the playoff debate. He stanked in the WCF. He didn’t do anything to change it. Ham definitely didn’t do anything to change it, actually made it worse. But ignore he saved the team multiple times in Round 1 and Round 2.

I see people are ignoring that you said this.
Interesting.
No we saw it… we’re just used to 13 paragraphs explaining the greatness of DLo whenever he performs well so it’s kinda funny to be so dismissive when he struggles… welp, he just had a bad game.

No this is just who he is… some nights good DLo, other nights bad DLo. I would say you don’t know which one you’re going to get but probably safe to say against quicker and/or more physical opponents he will probably struggle.

Don’t want to hear the excuses… oh it’s the coach, Lebron, Dennis, the scheme, the weather, the uniforms or shoes… none of that, it’s just you DLo.

Dlo will have no impact on whether ham stays or goes. Lebron’s the free agent this off-season and it’ll be his call. If he says I’ll only re-up if you get rid of Ham, guess what’s going to happen.

I don't want to hate D'lo. But essential1 essential1 makes it difficult :lol:. He's been showing why nobody in the league wants him with all his unnecessary quotes lately. He still hasn't learned when to shut up. I actually like his game for the most part but the weird obsession with him is hard to ignore and even harder to understand

I don't want to hate D'lo. But essential1 essential1 makes it difficult :lol:. He's been showing why nobody in the league wants him with all his unnecessary quotes lately. He still hasn't learned when to shut up. I actually like his game for the most part but the weird obsession with him is hard to ignore and even harder to understand

If you hate someone because I like them. Or how much I like them. Or how much anybody like anyone for that matter.

That’s weird.

What are you 12?

Because the first bad game. You’ll come in and mention me and make a post for me about him.

That weird defensiveness is exactly what I mean :lol:. Like you have an obligation to him or somehow identify with him. I don't even talk **** about him like that and barely been in the thread. Keep doing your thing bro

Lifetime max contract for DLo last week, fans ready to waive him this week. Def add Sacramento to the "avoid at all costs in playoffs" mix w/ Denver. For whatever reason Sabonis bullies AD and gobbles up all the rebounds like Jokic does vs AD. Even though Sabonis not a great defender, AD can't seem to take advantage on that end either. Should really try other lineups vs these matchups. Have a big sample size of AD just not matching up well vs them two.

Dinwiddie had a great block and potentially game-saving defense against Milwaukee, don't want to take anything away from that... but, he’s been pretty bad offensively, shooting 33.9% over the last month and 38.5% on the season. Should really limit him to the backup PG role until he figures it out

There’s like 5 or 6 of these in the 3rd or 4th. All leading to open 3s. It’s one thing to not be good on defense like the guards (it’s more physical tools than anything), it’s another thing to not even try. And then do the spin around with your hands out.

Last edited:
It’s crazy how little Dinwiddie actually touches the ball. Like he’s just always out of rhythm because of how he’s being used (or not used at all)

Then he finally has an open three and misses. Touching the ball is so important as you hoopers know. Running down the floor 3-4 times and getting zero touches has a negative affect on a player. Hopefully Ham figures it out

It’s crazy how little Dinwiddie actually touches the ball. Like he’s just always out of rhythm because of how he’s being used (or not used at all)

Then he finally has an open three and misses. Touching the ball is so important as you hoopers know. Running down the floor 3-4 times and getting zero touches has a negative affect on a player. Hopefully Ham figures it out
Yall want everyone to touch the ball, get shots, start, etc but never really say where these opportunities are going to come from? You want more Dinwiddie on ball, then who do you want to less more off ball if that’s the case?

Ian ✌🏾 on X: People gonna using this as a meme. Btw, Lakers did not win  because of Darvin “Hot Pockets” Ham so he need to be fired / X

this guy ?

Yall want everyone to touch the ball, get shots, start, etc but never really say where these opportunities are going to come from? You want more Dinwiddie on ball, then who do you want to less more off ball if that’s the case?

I’m just saying touch the damn ball lol
Catch and swing it. Take a few dribbles. Just feel the leather. Get a rhythm. Not run the offense through him

Raise your hand if you think he’s being serious here….and keep your hands up if you rode the short bus to school.

💯 he’s not being serious. We know that

But the thing is this. You don’t need to know what the opposing coach is going to run in order to have better defensive schemes. It’s called scouting and preparation. The team should know what to expect by now.

But that’s not all on Ham. The effort has been SO bad on defense this year, especially on the perimeter.

This part is on Ham: it was clearly the game plan to leave Murray and Barnes open, but once they start hitting, make in-game adjustments, change the game plan. It’s just frustrating to watch our defensive tactics and the poor effort

💯 he’s not being serious. We know that

But the thing is this. You don’t need to know what the opposing coach is going to run in order to have better defensive schemes. It’s called scouting and preparation. The team should know what to expect by now.

But that’s not all on Ham. The effort has been SO bad on defense this year, especially on the perimeter.

This part is on Ham: it was clearly the game plan to leave Murray and Barnes open, but once they start hitting, make in-game adjustments, change the game plan. It’s just frustrating to watch our defensive tactics and the poor effort
Here’s the thing, and we can agree to disagree which is fine… but unless you know for sure what a scheme is then we can’t fairly say what it is. So I disagree that part of the game plan was to just leave Murray and Barnes open because without looking it up I’m sure those guys are like 40% 3pt shooters (unless there having an unusually down season). Last time they played the Kings pretty sure Fox went off… and since no one can stay in front of him then the emphasis was probably on containing Fox which opens up a leak somewhere else. It really all starts with point of attack and if you don’t have that you’re going to have issues somewhere because your defense is always being compromised. Maybe some plays there was extra help and some there was not, great players like Fox will read the situation and text accordingly. Also take in to account things like Lebron ramped up his effort levels on offense in the second half, which also saw him not doing much on defense and guess who he was guarding…

Anyhow it’s all good. This team isn’t that good, guys have come out and said they don’t care about where they finish or they’re not aware of the significance of the games lol I’m not going to care more than they do it’s not that serious.

Back
Top Bottom