**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

For ****s and giggles.

Capture.PNG

-Mitchell for Rui, Reaves, JHS, and three picks.
-D'Lo walks for nothing in return.
-I'm assuming Reddish opts in, Hayes opts out.
-Not a fan of Drummond, but he's tall and rebounds.
-Re-signing Christie is a priority. I think ~$4M a year is fair, with potential to be a steal.
-Prince is meh, but he's a 6'7 sort-of two way wing.
-I like Watford as a gamble for the minimum.
-Yep, Bronny. :lol:
-One open roster spot for when February rolls around for a buy-out candidate.

Starters: AD, Bron, Vando, Christie, Mitchell (could sub Drummond/Wood for Vando?)
Bench: Drummond, Wood, Prince, Vincent
End of bench: Castleton, Watford, Reddish, Lewis, Bronny

Edit:

Just noticed the Total Salary is above the First Apron, which is a no-no. But I can fix that around the edges.

Last edited:

What's really funny about this is the next season Nick Young was out there doing the little ice in my veins celebrations with Dlo etc. Maybe it was all for show, but if you really hated the dude, you wouldn't be giggling with him.

Once he was out of the league, he constantly brings this up because he knows it'll be a headline :lol:

Nick probably wasn’t coming to practice early no matter what 🤣

Why not just stay afterwards to catch the fade? Like who wants to practice running plays and all that after getting their behind kicked in front of the team … cmon B Scott

For ****s and giggles.

Capture.PNG

-Mitchell for Rui, Reaves, JHS, and three picks.
-D'Lo walks for nothing in return.
-I'm assuming Reddish opts in, Hayes opts out.
-Not a fan of Drummond, but he's tall and rebounds.
-Re-signing Christie is a priority. I think ~$4M a year is fair, with potential to be a steal.
-Prince is meh, but he's a 6'7 sort-of two way wing.
-I like Watford as a gamble for the minimum.
-Yep, Bronny. :lol:
-One open roster spot for when February rolls around for a buy-out candidate.

Starters: AD, Bron, Vando, Christie, Mitchell (could sub Drummond/Wood for Vando?)
Bench: Drummond, Wood, Prince, Vincent
End of bench: Castleton, Watford, Reddish, Lewis, Bronny

Edit:

Just noticed the Total Salary is above the First Apron, which is a no-no. But I can fix that around the edges.

The issue with this is, they either run out of money getting to Max Christie. Or are so close to the first apron, they'll have no room to move if they need to pivot during the season because they essentially make each guy significantly more valuable because of the money.

If they let DLo walk, it would need to be to get the full MLE. Because at that point, if you let DLo walk. AND you don't have the full MidLevel to replace him as a starter or have a really good bench guy. It's a real short rotation and I'll point out Donovan has missed 19, 15, 14, 27 games the last 4 years. On top of fingers crossed on Bron & AD staying fully healthy another year.

The end would likely be AR, Rui, JHS, 3 firsts. Let DLo walk, and can't keep Max for Donovan & whoever they can put in the MLE, splitting it between 2 guys even dilutes the well a bunch. That's a lot to have to fill.

The issue with this is, they either run out of money getting to Max Christie. Or are so close to the first apron, they'll have no room to move if they need to pivot during the season because they essentially make each guy significantly more valuable because of the money.

If they let DLo walk, it would need to be to get the full MLE. Because at that point, if you let DLo walk. AND you don't have the full MidLevel to replace him as a starter or have a really good bench guy. It's a real short rotation and I'll point out Donovan has missed 19, 15, 14, 27 games the last 4 years. On top of fingers crossed on Bron & AD staying fully healthy another year.

The end would likely be AR, Rui, JHS, 3 firsts. Let DLo walk, and can't keep Max for Donovan & whoever they can put in the MLE, splitting it between 2 guys even dilutes the well a bunch. That's a lot to have to fill.
Ham's goofiness with Christie might've been a blessing in disguise in suppressing Christie's market (to go with being a restricted free agent). Miles McBride didn't play much before the Knicks-Raptors, but got a three year-$13M contract so that was my baseline comparison.

Don't think the full MLE is available unless they can dump one of Vando or Vincent, but probably can't do that unless they attach a pick, which they wouldn't have in this scenario.

Maybe they can get Klutch to bring back Lonnie for depth purposes. Now that I look at it, Mitchell/Christie/Vincent/Lewis is thin in the backcourt. Prince can eat up minutes at SG too.

Ham's goofiness with Christie might've been a blessing in disguise in suppressing Christie's market (to go with being a restricted free agent). Miles McBride didn't play much before the Knicks-Raptors, but got a three year-$13M contract so that was my baseline comparison.

Don't think the full MLE is available unless they can dump one of Vando or Vincent, but probably can't do that unless they attach a pick, which they wouldn't have in this scenario.

Maybe they can get Klutch to bring back Lonnie for depth purposes. Now that I look at it, Mitchell/Christie/Vincent/Lewis is thin in the backcourt. Prince can eat up minutes at SG too.

On the other hand, Max may want to bounce somewhere where he'll get an opportunity to get his stats up for the next pay day.

Letting DLo walk and only being able to replace him with $5mil is a rough rough go.

The only reason the MLE isn’t totally possible without letting Max go is they’ll need some vet mins to produce and every vet min is at least $2mil

I reckon can get Christie 4yr/12 million. He’s still young, untapped potential. Miles McBride starting and playing 40 minutes in the playoffs right now. McBride had the backup PG minutes locked up too, great signing for them

Still a bet on Christie’s potential, a good bet though. He really needs reps/minutes to develop

On the other hand, Max may want to bounce somewhere where he'll get an opportunity to get his stats up for the next pay day.

Possibly but in P's scenario he would get to showcase being a 3 and D player with that starting lineup.

Max is an interesting player to me….

He shows some flashes of being a good defensive player, but he’s def not consistently there yet.

He shows signs of being a good 3pt shooter, but not much of a consistent ability to attack close outs.

I haven’t looked it up, but I feel like he probably has a lot of games where he had more turnovers than assists… questionable decision making, could be the game is still too fast for him at times.

Year 3 is where I expect to really see what kinda player he’s going to be.

Max is an interesting player to me….

He shows some flashes of being a good defensive player, but he’s def not consistently there yet.

He shows signs of being a good 3pt shooter, but not much of a consistent ability to attack close outs.

I haven’t looked it up, but I feel like he probably has a lot of games where he had more turnovers than assists… questionable decision making, could be the game is still too fast for him at times.

Year 3 is where I expect to really see what kinda player he’s going to be.
Yep, attacking close outs and decision making is what he needs to work on the most this summer.

Think he needs to get stronger in his upper body too.

Max has good size + a willingness to defend, he's worth keeping around and letting bubble for nothing.

He needs legit reps though.

curious to see how much he bulks up this summer

I understand the need to develop younger players, but you’re trying to win games with a veteran team it’s hard to do both… for example Kerr w/ GS hasn’t quite figured out the right balance either, lol he’s just loyal to his vets.

At the end of the day it’s going to be up to Max to earn his playing time by being productive in the time that he does receive…

We also need the coach to feel like he doesn’t have to win now or lose his job, so then he only plays vets to not get fired.

When you have Lebron it’s almost like you can’t waste time developing young guys cuz a team with Lebron has to contend for a chip or the coach is axed

Back
Top Bottom