**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Eh, for the most part the organization has been able to draft really well. The younger Buss' are good. And for the most part outside of JHS and I guess Zo they've hit on a lotta picks.
They hit on all those picks for the most part and it was leading no where until Bron showed up. We were in the wilderness for five years, I want to not go back.

Well you're definitely not living in reality, there not selling their cash cow.

I know. Hence, my frustration.

They aren't about truly competing, they are about interest/revenue.

I'll "settle" for a new GM. If that can happen, I'll ease off Jeanie. Kobe's agent ain't it.

I know. Hence, my frustration.

They aren't about truly competing, they are about interest/revenue.

I'll "settle" for a new GM. If that can happen, I'll ease off Jeanie. Kobe's agent ain't it.

I can't say they haven't been about competing because they did mortgage the future for AD and also try to retool on multiple occasions. Some of the moves, most notably the Russ one didn't work out. They tried to get Kyrie and they're going to try to get another star in this summer, hopefully Donovan and basically pull an AD part duex if it works out.

Them not trying to stop gap it and make moves just because ala this past trade deadline just because Bron and Klutch wanted them too was showing some restraint and looking at the bigger picture.

We have a 40 year old megastar and another really elite player that's not quite a number one option and they'll again hook or crook try to supplement them in someway to take another crack at it. That's just where we are and the rest of the league like always isn't going to do us any favors. The Laker tax will always be a factor.

I can't say they haven't been about competing because they did mortgage the future for AD and also try to retool on multiple occasions. Some of the moves, most notably the Russ one didn't work out. They tried to get Kyrie and they're going to try to get another star in this summer, hopefully Donovan and basically pull an AD part duex if it works out.

Them not trying to stop gap it and make moves just because ala this past trade deadline just because Bron and Klutch wanted them too was showing some restraint and looking at the bigger picture.

We have a 40 year old megastar and another really elite player that's not quite a number one option and they'll again hook or crook try to supplement them in someway to take another crack at it. That's just where we are and the rest of the league like always isn't going to do us any favors. The Laker tax will always be a factor.

If they get Spider, that might be something, but it will cost them multiple pieces + picks into the damn 2030's. But at least he can play.
If it's Trae Young........ :frown:

If they max out a 40 year old at 160 mil.

If they sign CP3 (somehow we get even older????)

We'll see what coach route they go but why should I believe in them?

And then Bronny.....who knows what that will mean.

But we'll lead ESPN every night and Bron will draw a ton of eyes and if that all adds up to yet another play-in spot rather than fighting for Homecourt.... :smh:

Maybe we need Klutch to sign Wemby. :lol:

They hit on all those picks for the most part and it was leading no where until Bron showed up. We were in the wilderness for five years, I want to not go back.

Yes but we didn't get that one franchise changing guy say like the Sixers did. And quite honestly they didn't really get that long to gel it was one year and Bron came.

Just look at the other young teams in Memphis, OKC (lucked up with the Clips handing them a franchise player), PHI, HOU, etc. it takes time for those dudes to blossom and coalesce as a group it's not like they sucked hell 3 of them became All-stars.

I trust the scouting department the most out of everyone in the entire organization, I think with high picks they can make the right decisions.

It’s more about who we didn’t draft, not who we drafted. Hindsight is 20/20 of course

But we really past on a lot of franchise changing players, and got unlucky in some cases where we were a draft pick position away from a generational player

Every #2 pick became a role player or fringe all star smh

It’s more about who we didn’t draft, not who we drafted. Hindsight is 20/20 of course

But we really past on a lot of franchise changing players, and got unlucky in some cases where we were a draft pick position away from a generational player

Every #2 pick became a role player or fringe all star smh

Even in hindsight, outside of Zo all of those picks were the "right" and defendable at the time.

And they all would have been in New Orleans pretty much regardless the moment Bron decided to sign anyway.

And they all would have been in New Orleans pretty much regardless the moment Bron decided to sign anyway.

Wish we could know what it looked like if they signed Bron but kept building.

Like no giving up on Randle/Brooke Lopez.

#4 pick coulda been Garland.

Zo/Garland/Caruso
KCP/Hart
Bron/Ingram
Randle/Kuz
Zubac/Lopez

And we'd still have literally all our picks, every year to work with.

Outside of Zo (and maybe he doesn't get hurt, but even if he did) that's a pretty damn strong 10 man roster + whatever picks/MLE's they could add on with.

Maybe AD signs straight up the next year anyways. (Or Kawhi I suppose)

Not sure everyone woulda found their role or not, of course, but woulda been interesting as hell.

Wish we could know what it looked like if they signed Bron but kept building.

Like no giving up on Randle/Brooke Lopez.

#4 pick coulda been Garland.

Zo/Garland/Caruso
KCP/Hart
Bron/Ingram
Randle/Kuz
Zubac/Lopez

And we'd still have literally all our picks, every year to work with.

Outside of Zo (and maybe he doesn't get hurt, but even if he did) that's a pretty damn strong 10 man roster + whatever picks/MLE's they could add on with.

Maybe AD signs straight up the next year anyways. (Or Kawhi I suppose)

Not sure everyone woulda found their role or not, of course, but woulda been interesting as hell.

If PG wasn't a lame and just signed when he was supposed to as a free agent, we could have kept almost all the kids and kept building or then maybe consolidate after figuring out which ones fit.

I'd love to see that list. Please.
Off the top of my head, what Lebron wanted but didn't get...

Kyrie
T Lue
DeRozan
Caruso re-signed
Trading DLo
Trading Westbrook during the offseason

What Lebron got....

AD
3rd star (Westbrook... and since that was the pivot after DDR, I don't think that was Lebron's 1st choice but rather he just signed off on it)

Don't do that....

You know it will NEVER happen.
Gonna be a lot of "Well remember that time when clearly Bron wanted this to happen (no proof; just assumption), but management wanted this OTHER thing to happen (no proof; just assumption), and then the thing that we all knew Bron wanted to happen happened? Or am I just making that up?"
Ironically, yes. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Let's see your list of people THAT YOU CAN PROVE are cowering to him.
Start there. :smile:

Neither side (in here) can "prove" anything. I'm about to Gritty's list, he can't prove any details either, right?

We're all going off the information that has either leaked or did happen. (Trading for Russ, trading off Russ, etc)

But I'll reply to Gritty now.

Off the top of my head, what Lebron wanted but didn't get...

Kyrie
T Lue
DeRozan
Caruso re-signed
Trading DLo
Trading Westbrook during the offseason

What Lebron got....

AD
3rd star (Westbrook... and since that was the pivot after DDR, I don't think that was Lebron's 1st choice but rather he just signed off on it)

They tried to get Kyrie. Brook rejected us, no?
They offered Lue a contract. He rejected us. (Lowball offer was the report)

Bron/AD met with and recruited Russ. Wasn't that all up and thru this thread? Dinner's and photos and such. Those things didn't happen?

I agree on Caruso not being resigned. I can't see Bron/AD buying off on that.

DDR was because of Russ, right?

And I'm not sure how them trading for Russ, then not trading him the very next offseason gives either side a win. :lol: It makes both sides look horrible. So maybe half a point each.
The Hawks wanted multiple picks for Murray, so I give you the DLo one.

Did Bron/AD want Vogel or Ham kept?
How many Klutch players have we brought in after Bron? (KCP doesn't count since he was pre-Bron)
How many extensions have they been given, 3-4? (Another one looking)
They have no say in this next coaching hire?
How many future draft picks have been spent? (and we may not be done yet)
I don't know what the Bronny part of the equation will or won't be. We'll see pretty soon.

Again, neither of us can prove one way or another, all based on reports and how things shake out.

They tried to get Kyrie. Brook rejected us, no?
They offered Lue a contract. He rejected us. (Lowball offer was the report)

Bron/AD met with and recruited Russ. Wasn't that all up and thru this thread? Dinner's and photos and such. Those things didn't happen?

I agree on Caruso not being resigned. I can't see Bron/AD buying off on that.

DDR was because of Russ, right?

And I'm not sure how them trading for Russ, then not trading him the very next offseason gives either side a win. :lol: It makes both sides look horrible. So maybe half a point each.
The Hawks wanted multiple picks for Murray, so I give you the DLo one.

Did Bron/AD want Vogel or Ham kept?
How many Klutch players have we brought in after Bron? (KCP doesn't count since he was pre-Bron)
How many extensions have they been given, 3-4? (Another one looking)
They have no say in this next coaching hire?
How many future draft picks have been spent? (and we may not be done yet)
I don't know what the Bronny part of the equation will or won't be. We'll see pretty soon.

Again, neither of us can prove one way or another, all based on reports and how things shake out.WRT to Kyrie and Lue… lowball offers don’t really show a serious effort to get a deal done.
I really hate the NT experience on my phone… too many times I type a reply the page refreshes and it’s gone smh.

Anyhow, even if we just go off of reports…
- Lowball offers for Kyrie and Lue don’t sound like serious efforts to get a deal done.
- Reports about the Lebron/AD/RW dinner was more about discussing HOW it would work… so that sounds like someone (or multiple parties) needed some convincing.
- DeRozan was before Russ
- Did AD and Lebron push for those previous coaches in the 1st place?
- Most of the Klutch guys have been minimum contract, reclamation projects. I don’t believe that there’s a “push” to sign Cam Reddish or TBJ for example but if these are guys who are available and you have a relationship with their agency it makes sense.
- Having input is not the same as making demands. If we’re going off reports, Rich Paul has come out and stated that this is not what Lebron wants

As usual, people have their minds made up about things like this so if you believe that Klutch/Lebron are RUNNING the Lakers I’m not really the one to convince you otherwise… it’s just not my belief.

And if they do use the 55th pick on Bronny, that really doesn’t move the needle for me as far as flexing muscle…. Same team that signed Shaq’s son, Pippen’s son, plus probably a few others that came and went who were easily forgotten.

Really don't see why the Magic would trade WCJ for D'Lo when they can outright sign him in free agency, or absorb his salary via cap space.

But I see WCJ's agent is Mike Miller (the former Grizzlies-Heat player), who's buddy-buddy with Bron.

Back
Top Bottom