**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Nothing will change until Lebron is gone

It’s always the same thing. Praise Lebron and what he’s doing at his age, give him more money……but no championship and blame the coach/roster

The roster sucks because we are paying too much to 2 players. And one of them is just too old to win a chip and carry a team. We saw how many times he lost Aaron Gordon, how he is slow getting back on D, how he doesn’t get calls…..his time is passing

As great as he is, he’s done winning chips

I get how safe that thinking is.
It's not a given, though.
For example, if I were told by someone from the future "In the next 3 years, 1 if these 2 players wins a ring but you must accurately name who it is or you die right now: Lonzo Ball or Bron," I'd say Bron.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think you know that I don't need a burner. I say what I say, and explain myself every step.

Low end relevance sounds wonderful tho. Yay us. :frown:

Nothing will change until Lebron is gone

It’s always the same thing. Praise Lebron and what he’s doing at his age, give him more money……but no championship and blame the coach/roster

The roster sucks because we are paying too much to 2 players. And one of them is just too old to win a chip and carry a team. We saw how many times he lost Aaron Gordon, how he is slow getting back on D, how he doesn’t get calls…..his time is passing

Be real careful in here. Say somethin nice about Jeanie, quick. :lol:

I'm team tear it down but also will acknowledge it's not realistic especially seeing as well seeing as we just went through a rebuild. IF Bron would choose to want to leave it would be easier to sell that to the fan base, but they are beholden to him for a myriad of reasons.

Relevancy equals revenue for the Buss' fam.

I've been saying to tear it down but just also understanding that it's not going to happen and realistically is out of their hands to do so.

The ONLY way it would make sense is if Bron left.

I've been saying to tear it down but just also understanding that it's not going to happen and realistically is out of their hands to do so.

The ONLY way it would make sense is if Bron left.
This is not on the same track as the posts you made last night, C CP1708 , or ever.
In order for that to be on your track, there needs to be elements of hubris, mockery, and absolute thinking.

Not gonna whine every single day about things I can't control...

Like the last 8 months about Timeouts and hands in pockets, or do those not count? :nerd:

(That's a fair question, nobody yell at me, that's a legit fair comparison.......)

Like the last 8 months about Timeouts and hands in pockets, or do those not count? :nerd:

(That's a fair question, nobody yell at me, that's a legit fair comparison.......)
I haven't seen tupac consistently whining about those things.

I had the unpopular opinion that we should blow it up after the PHX second round loss a couple years ago.

AD’s value is high right now since he played so many games this season. We can get picks and young talent.

And trade Lebron to a contender so he can chase Kobe and Mike number of rings…..get more draft picks

It won’t happen, I know

Last edited:
As of right now I don’t really have a preference that I think the team should go… you never know what can happen over the course of 82 games and the playoffs, not sure how many people had Indy in the conference finals for example but I know that I didn’t. But a couple of key injuries to some teams that were ranked ahead of them and here we are. Could that same fortune happen to the Lakers next season? Who knows… but definitely not if they blow things up and start the rebuild.

Maybe if someone could put together some hypothetical realistic AD trades, I’d feel a certain way about whether or not it’s the right move.

As of right now I don’t really have a preference that I think the team should go… you never know what can happen over the course of 82 games and the playoffs, not sure how many people had Indy in the conference finals for example but I know that I didn’t. But a couple of key injuries to some teams that were ranked ahead of them and here we are. Could that same fortune happen to the Lakers next season? Who knows… but definitely not if they blow things up and start the rebuild.

Maybe if someone could put together some hypothetical realistic AD trades, I’d feel a certain way about whether or not it’s the right move.

Anything can happen.

I'm not stupid enough to believe we would be the odds on favorite to win a title. But it's not impossible to think it could happen.

Blowing it up early doesn't increase the chance of a championship sooner either.

If the franchise is so unserious as one poster continues to whine about...why would that poster trust that same franchise to get a rebuild right?

I mean it is what it is, but if those 2 had their exact same stats but our record were better instead of us barely making the play-in, each one of them goes up a team.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom