**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The 2020 championship squad is underrated. Our most-played lineup had one of the best net ratings of any champion over the last two decades.

IMG_8009.jpeg

AIN’T IT FUNNY….

that the MOST USED 5-man Lakers lineup during the 2020 championship season that has the 2nd highest NET Rating among champs over the last 2 decades was the

(Drum 🥁 roll)

2-Big lineup of AD and Javale

:lol:

Told all of you stubborn jokesters ONCE AGAIN, and EYE didn’t even need the stats to know this xxxx.

EYE TEST always wins.

And oh btw ladies and gents….guess what other Lakers championship winning 5-man lineups are also in the top 20 in Net Rating among champs of the last couple decades?

Yep you guessed it….

Gasol-Bynum AND Gasol-Odom aka TWO-BIG Lineups lol

If some of y’all say you’re a long time Lakers fan and some of y’all still insist that 1-Big lineups are the ticket to win a chip, then y’all really don’t know what the Lakers championship formula is and have been living under a rock.

Like I said, AD will NEVER win a chip if he continues playing in 1-Big lineups 100% of the time like he’s been doing pretty much every season since ‘21-‘22

Naz for Reaves straight up. Would you guys do it? 🤔

It isn’t bad. But it would hard cap the Lakers.

And because the Wolves will be a second apron team. We couldn’t attach another player or send them more money.

Essentially, if guys aren’t making exact money, apron teams can’t trade with each other.

Pelinka needs to do whatever it takes to draft a LEGIT CENTER with that first round pick who can eventually start alongside AD next season.

Edey or Clingan fit that bill.

Or else the Lakers can go ahead and watch these got damn Celtics repeat for #19 next season.

The entire Lakers organization is on the hot seat

Hypothetically speaking, if the Lakers draft a center with #17, are you okay going into next season with AD, Wood, #17 and Hayes/another minimum center?

Or would you feel more confident in going guard/wing at #17, and use the MLE on a big? Then the big rotation is AD, Wood, MLE center and another minimum center?

Hypothetically speaking, if the Lakers draft a center with #17, are you okay going into next season with AD, Wood, #17 and Hayes/another minimum center?

Or would you feel more confident in going guard/wing at #17, and use the MLE on a big? Then the big rotation is AD, Wood, MLE center and another minimum center?

They shouldn’t look at guards in the draft.

Wing or center at 17.

I’d say AD, 17 and Wood is risky. Wouldn’t hate it but they damn sure can’t whiff on the pick because then it’ll be exactly like last year just dragging through the year.

Maybe Biyombo as well and I’d feel better about it. Drummond could get a couple mil more than his minimum.

My preferred space is a wing at 17.
Double up there by using Rui for someone who can play between the 2&3
Then try to piece the smaller salaries to get a big.

They shouldn’t look at guards in the draft.

Wing or center at 17.

I’d say AD, 17 and Wood is risky. Wouldn’t hate it but they damn sure can’t whiff on the pick because then it’ll be exactly like last year just dragging through the year.

Maybe Biyombo as well and I’d feel better about it. Drummond could get a couple mil more than his minimum.

My preferred space is a wing at 17.
Double up there by using Rui for someone who can play between the 2&3
Then try to piece the smaller salaries to get a big.
I was against picking a guard until this week. If they can get an athletic guard that can get two feet in the paint (Carter or Collier), I'll be okay. But it's not my number one preference either.

If they draft a center at 17 or trade up to get a center, Wood no longer plays center on the Lakers. He would play PF because they’d have AD, draft pick at center, and Hayes playing the 5 whether they use the pick or the MLE to get a center. Ntm we still have Castleton, but honestly I don’t see him making the roster next season especially if they draft a center in the first round

I don’t think LeBron James is going anywhere but Los Angeles for the remainder of his career

Especially after Boston just won #18

One would think Bron will have a newfound purpose to win it all next season and beyond in order to catch Boston.

That’s of course if the King truly BLEEDS PURPLE N GOLD. And I believe he does.

Back
Top Bottom