**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tbf this was before the Magic settled on being okay with Suggs being their PG. He was playing SG most of the season.

Good for KCP though. Nuggies get weaker. :pimp:
Between Paolo and Franz I never thought they'd want to take the ball out of those guys hands and bring in a more ball-dominant guard.

Add shooting, defense and veteran leadership to show those young guys how to win.

Nuggets are now looking to pivot to the Westbrook experience LMAO ... hate to see it.

Can't find the tweet, but someone said he has close friends in Denver.

Need the Magic to sign Hartenstein to make WCJ expendable now.

I'll take WCJ for the right players but not DLo because I think we can package DLo for someone else. WCJ should be attainable with a combo of any of the other role players.

DLo was .25/.09 versus KCP last playoffs.
.43/.39 versus everybody else and scored 80% of his points on everybody else.

Zapped him like a monstar.

Austin had the opposite experience with KCP and killed him.

AR struggled when Murray was guarding him (.31/.20…. 16 points on 126 possessions) and DLo killed Murray (46/36 with 18 points on 57 possessions)

Welp.

So w/ Harden off the market and unlikely Klay is considering the MLE....I don't know man.

How much do you guys really think Jonas V is getting in free agency? Centers so far - Drummond 2/$10 mil, who else?

A big body is useful as a backup, and occasionally next to AD but if you're not a scoring threat or can't defend in space I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for something like that. Probably not my MLE, depending on who else is available of course...

Welp.

So w/ Harden off the market and unlikely Klay is considering the MLE....I don't know man.

How much do you guys really think Jonas V is getting in free agency? Centers so far - Drummond 2/$10 mil, who else?

A big body is useful as a backup, and occasionally next to AD but if you're not a scoring threat or can't defend in space I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for something like that. Probably not my MLE, depending on who else is available of course...

It’s the unfortunate aspect of waiting for Klay.

There’s like 3 other moves they’d need to make first. One of which, unloading Gabe needed to have been done like a week ago.

The 5 guys they are considering

Jerami Grant, Klay Thompson, Chris Paul, Brook Lopez and Jonas Valancuinas have an average age of over 34.

And have DLo, Gabe, Rui and Vando on the block average age is like 26 and some change.

Not really the direction you’re supposed to go.

The 5 guys they are considering

Jerami Grant, Klay Thompson, Chris Paul, Brook Lopez and Jonas Valancuinas have an average age of over 34.

And have DLo, Gabe, Rui and Vando on the block average age is like 26 and some change.

Not really the direction you’re supposed to go.
The window is now.

But those aren't the names they should be looking at if it were me... Jonas maybe as a backup for the low, CP3 as a minimum if you move of off Gabe.

Valanciunas
Klay
Markannen
Kessler
Olynyk
WCJ
JGrant
Sexton
Garland
JAllen
Bruce Brown
Vucevic
Lopez

Acquire a combination of any 2-3 of these players and Lakers are right back in the championship mix

Never forget!

1719794156757.png

1719794178265.gif

The window is now.

But those aren't the names they should be looking at if it were me... Jonas maybe as a backup for the low, CP3 as a minimum if you move of off Gabe.

Committing almost all your minutes to 30+ guys isn’t and hasn’t really been a win now type thing though.

Celtics had the oldest team and that’s because Horford and Jrue were the only 2 30+ guys of the last 4 teams. Hell the last 6 teams standing and that’s the oldest team. Wolves second oldest with Conley and Gobert.
Everybody else was under 30. And if you were over 30 it was like 10mpg

If Klay goes to Dallas........

Can't Steph push for a trade? :nerd:

We'd be able to flip all the picks and salary filler for him, right? (If he wanted to play with Bron)

Committing almost all your minutes to 30+ guys isn’t and hasn’t really been a win now type thing though.

Celtics had the oldest team and that’s because Horford and Jrue were the only 2 30+ guys of the last 4 teams. Hell the last 6 teams standing and that’s the oldest team. Wolves second oldest with Conley and Gobert.
Everybody else was under 30. And if you were over 30 it was like 10mpg
Austin Max Knecht maybe someone from the Rui/Vando combination and whatever other moves they may make to address the backcourt and wing needs.

But again my point was that THOSE names aren’t the guys they should be targeting… mostly just rumors at this point. Like CP3 who just signed elsewhere, Rob normally runs a tight ship so we have no idea what they’re cooking up at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom