**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

D'lo had zero points in game 3 man :lol:. Had as many shots as he could want in game 1 and shot 30%. That backcourt doesn't work in the playoffs because they can't guard a library and D'lo can't reliably score on anybody with average defense. Can't matchup with Dallas, Minnesota, Boston, OKC etc

DSJ has a decent archetype on defense (at least last year) and has bounce.

If you bring Dinwiddie back, need to drop Gabe.

I think you need to drop Gabe regardless to make sure Max plays a ton, but that is just me.

The bones are there. If Bruce Brown made like $5mil less he'd probably be in LA already for Gabe/JHS/Wood/Max Lewis and a 1st.
And then you'd have Bruce/Vando/Christie to handle perimeter defense with Bron/DLo/AR facilitating. But $23mil is a **** ton for him regardless of his pedigree because you'd be trading a starter plus 2 bench guys to make it happen + a pick.
From there still that big short, but shrugs
Problem with DSJ is he's a not even a bad shooter, he's a non-shooter. Don't think you can get away with playing him and Vando with a non-spacing big in the rotation .
How many guards does this team need Kobe Bryant?
1721345263459.gif
It's a long season and JHS/Lewis/Bronny ain't gonna help. I'd feel more comfortable with a capable fifth guard (this might be Knecht?).

We can do this today, tomorrow, next week, and forever.

That wasn't plus/minus. It was net rating.

Positive net lineup ratings is what equals winning basketball games.

You know what equals losing games?

Going scoreless, shooting 38% from the field and 32% from three.

We already know he's going to suck in the playoffs. Just wasting everybody's damn time.

It's a long season and JHS/Lewis/Bronny ain't gonna help. I'd feel more comfortable with a capable fifth guard (this might be Knecht?).
Mostly joking man

But yeah I think Knecht will probably play some 2 if they’re going to give the two big lineups with lebron at the 3 some looks.

Also I feel like JHS will get some looks this season, although this injury gonna have him behind schedule

D'lo will be serviceable for the regular season.

I expect a retooling come AS break.

Just gotta get off to a decent start this season, seems like the past few years we have gotten off to a really slow start that comes back to hurt us in may/june.

Mostly joking man

But yeah I think Knecht will probably play some 2 if they’re going to give the two big lineups with lebron at the 3 some looks.

Also I feel like JHS will get some looks this season, although this injury gonna have him behind schedule
I wasn't taking offense to anything. Knecht has shown some stuff with the ball in his hands in SL, but not sure it'll translate.

I expect a retooling come AS break.

Just gotta get off to a decent start this season, seems like the past few years we have gotten off to a really slow start that comes back to hurt us in may/june.

Doubt a retooling happens. Unless they plan on purging a lot of the roster. Certainly possible, but I think what happened this off-season with the trade market, Rob will encounter again. And the only move that could happen, one of those in a best case scenario, maybe the team is slightly better, but more likely than not open up one hole for another.

Anyyyyyywho

The way the season unfolded until the second week of January is abjectly hilarious.

They need to sell the team.
Have arguably the best player in the world but have cheapened out the last two summers…do we think they’re going to pay Murray AND AG when their time comes?

Boston was facing a similar situation and decided the hell with the apron … pay everyone.

Back
Top Bottom