**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Thought they were going to say something insane when they were starting to throw out a DFS and Day’ron trade but not bad honestly.

Problem I do have is I don’t think DFS is better than Vando either. Vando does have some health concerns, but I’ll take Vando defensively by a good amount in 2024. And it’s not like DFS is good offensively where I’m willing to take a slight ding in what I think Vando is defensively to upgrade offensively.

But if you wanted to say…. Let’s go JHS & Max Lewis for Day’Ron only. And sending out both 2025 2nds.
I’m in on that. Day’Ron is a RFA after the season. I doubt he will be with the Nets after the season considering how the backup market went this year for Centers.

Then you have Gabe, Wood, Reddish + a first to see what’s out there. While also having the possibility of throwing in Vando and even Max or Knecht if a can’t pass up wing becomes available.

Only trading DLo if a better PG is available (there won’t be because Lakers either don’t have enough assets or are trading a ton for him or the old Laker tax comes into play and they won’t even be considered for the guy)
Only trading Rui if it’s a Starting Caliber SF who plays both ends. Not sure that is there either. Grant isn’t a SF anymore. And with that contract, and what Portland wants for him. Rui is a significantly better option.

Last edited:

1724107962703.png

Jokic been playing center all his life and outweighs AD by at least 30 lbs

And Jokic has a championship playing CENTER 100% of the time to boot. While AD doesn’t

#commonsense

Lindsey Harding, 40, Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach
It’s been a busy spring and summer for Harding. She won the NBA G League Coach of the Year Award in April after leading the Stockton Kings to a league-best 24-10 record; she is the first woman to win that award. Harding interviewed for the Hornets head coaching job this spring. In July, left the Kings to take a job on the Lakers staff. It is just the latest sign of success for Harding after a sterling playing career, where she was the Naismith National Player of the Year at Duke, the No. 1 pick in the 2007 WNBA Draft and a solid player during her professional career.
JJ Redick, 40, Los Angeles Lakers head coach
Redick was a well-known entity in the NBA before he landed on the sidelines in L.A. but he’ll be in the spotlight next season as he takes control of one of the league’s premier franchises. Redick got the Lakers job without any experience as a coach, which speaks to his basketball IQ and the respect he has earned across the sport, not only after 15 years in the NBA but with his smart media appearances and basketball podcast. He interviewed for the Raptors opening last offseason as well.

“It was just really important to us as we made this hire to find a head coach that could sit across the table from some of the smartest and best players in the world,” Lakers team president Rob Pelinka said in June. “This is the stage for those players to be able to relate to, coach, hold them accountable, lead them, inspire them. And we felt like JJ was very unique in holding all those qualities to do that.”

Screenshot_20240822_215242_Reddit.jpg

Most underrated: Elgin!!! Or Pau.
Most overrated: Nah. I can't. 😂 Love 'em all. No, Swaggy P!!!
Best: Magic or Kobe.
Worst starter: Smush.

Funniest: Swaggy P! 😂
Most annoying: Kwame.
Most potential: VladRad.
Most wasted potential: Isaiah Rider.

Best passer: Magic! Tf?!
Best perimeter def: Kobe, Gary.
Best rim def: Bynum.
Most athletic: Kobe.

Best handles: Magic or Nick.
Best shooter: Sasha!!!
Best in post: Shaq, duh.
Best role player: Horry or Coop.

Didn't put much thought in at all.

Underrated: Lamar Odom
Overrated: Karl Malone
Best: Kobe
Worst Starter: Smush

Funniest: Shaq
Most Annoying: Rodman
Most Potential: LeBron
Most Wasted Potential: Bynum

Best Passer: Magic
Best Perimeter Defender: Cooper
Best Rim Defender: AD
Most Athletic: Ariza

Best Handles: Nick
Best Shooter: Glen Rice
Best in Post: Pau
Best Role Player: Horry

Screenshot_20240822_230957_Chrome.jpg

All-Time Lakers 12-man squad

Magic / Coop
Kobe / West
LeBron / Worthy / Elgin
Pau / AD
Kareem / Shaq / Wilt

Head Coach: Riley
Assistants: Jackson, Sharman, Westhead, Vogel
Trainer: Vitti
Ballboys: DHam, DHarris

Last edited:
Anyone interested need this Lebron jersey? Thought I’d post here before listing on eBay. IMG_1751.jpeg IMG_1750.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1749.jpeg
    IMG_1749.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom