**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

38071423-ACB1-4243-970D-ED20B613B210.png

How are people going to trust their teammates when they are over here snitching, I mean walking away from fights?

We can’t expect a 20 year old to make layups.

We can’t expect a 20 year old to make FTs

We can’t expect a 20 year old to make open 3’s with over 25% accuracy

We can’t expect a 20 year old to stand up for his teammates. You clearly learn that at 24

Zo will be just fine. Be patient

There’s no patience with some people here lol

At least I'm being sarcastic/pulling up old D'Lo quotes with 95 percent of the **** in posting.

If you watched ball at UCLA, these struggles shouldn't come as a surprise. He will likely struggle the rest of the season. The real test of what he will become will happen over the summer when he re-works his shot. If he comes back next year with the same garbage form then I would start to worry. Until then, he will be fine.

All of his weaknesses he has now he had in college. The only difference was ****tier competition to cover up the deficiencies.

At least I'm being sarcastic/pulling up old D'Lo quotes with 95 percent of the **** in posting.

If you watched ball at UCLA, these struggles shouldn't come as a surprise. He will likely struggle the rest of the season. The real test of what he will become will happen over the summer when he re-works his shot. If he comes back next year with the same garbage form then I would start to worry. Until then, he will be fine.

All of his weaknesses he has now he had in college. The only difference was ****tier competition to cover up the deficiencies.
100% agree.

We can’t expect a 20 year old to make layups.

We can’t expect a 20 year old to make FTs

We can’t expect a 20 year old to make open 3’s with over 25% accuracy

We can’t expect a 20 year old to stand up for his teammates. You clearly learn that at 24

Zo will be just fine. Be patient

We can expect all of that...

But we should also expect struggles.

Simple to understand.

kinda troubling to see Lonzo have that kind of attitude... your'e playing like crap and you cant even look to see if one of your teammates might be getting jumped... reminds me of this dbag

I expect typical rookie struggles, but the blown wide open layups, extreme clank misses and Deandre Jordan FT percentage is alarming

Hopefully he’ll overcome like billups and not end up like mateen cleaves

He also had the perfect team for him in UCLA. People would always talk about how the UCLA roster was made by Lonzo, but they complemented him perfectly.

Last edited:
Honestly, been thinking about this whole situation now for a minute and my only conclusion is that Lonzo is just not ready. He is still a child. Physically, mentally, emotionally. All of it. He is just not there yet. I firmly believe at 6'6 190 hes scared to bang with the big boys. Mentally adn emotionally it shows too - his bro is in China, he regresses. His shots don't go in, he regresses. All behaviors of a child thrown into the mix cold turkey - maybe thats not whats best for him.

I think in hind site we are going to look back and wish we would have just been more patient with him. Bringing him off the bench initially (too late for that now) and easing him into his role. The fight last night sort of solidified this rhetoric for me. He is 14 at heart and he will need more time. I know people grilled D'lo for this too but D'lo was precocious- with his tattoos, cuts in his brows, pointing to his veins etc. He wanted to act like the man but couldn't. Lonzo is quiet and reserved because he's legit scared. He's the equivalent of a pre-pubescent 7th grader from the burbs going to high school in Compton (Hope I don't offend anyone). A 7th grader with lots of potential and talent sure and thats why I think he'll be alright but I fear that people wont be patient with him.

Earl Watson said it well when he said he would tell Lonzo that its ok to fail. Its ok to be scared. Talk to him about personal stuff not just basketball. Get inside the mind of Lonzo. Ease him into it. Unfortunately Lavar has a lot to do with this too and why this wasn't the approach.

The biggest question before the draft was “can he score at the NBA level?”

So this was a known concern. Rob and Magic had this concern too, until Lavar made them pancakes in chino hills and showed them the hill workouts SMH

Last edited:
Not trying to get a tech? My dude it's 1 point at most
The long term implications of him standing up for his team woulda far outweighed the T

Seeing a player stand up for you builds team camaraderie. Knowing your guy is ready to run the fade on your behalf at anytime and is willing to fight for you shows a bond greater than basketball. Ingram hit that pivot and ran over. Dude is a real *****. Lonzo shoulda joined a frat or football or a gang to learn this. Smh

Back
Top Bottom