**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’m glad hes gone but Magic leaving is a clear indication that this summer is going to be a disaster if he thought there was any chance of us signing another big name FA no way he leaves

Maybe Jim wasn’t the problem :lol:

Clearly doesn’t help when your sister shows you no support and makes you intonthe villain through the media.

Not saying he didn’t deserve to be fired, but he clearly was set up to fail.

Jeanie has always been a snake. Loosely comparing her grief when her dog died to Mitch’s daughter’s death and being mad at Mitch for not telling anyone about his daughters condition. That’s not what families do according to her. Ironically her president bounced without telling her
She comes off as a ****ing nut job

We're ****ed

Let's not relitigate Jim Buss though. He was *** too.

Lol that Laker film room guy won’t report any facts.

Just unsubstantiated conjecture.

How many times are is he allowed to say “I know something about someone but can’t tell you what it is” before we’re allowed to call bulls****?

F*** that idiot.

Last edited:
Hypothetical question time, let’s assume that the injuries/health issues to our key players still happen (Lonzo & BI) and what if LeBron didn’t join us last summer. How does this season play out?

I’m glad hes gone but Magic leaving is a clear indication that this summer is going to be a disaster if he thought there was any chance of us signing another big name FA no way he leaves
i'm hoping that it's way more to it than that

from what i've been seeing there was a lot of power struggle

Hypothetical question time, let’s assume that the injuries/health issues to our key players still happen (Lonzo & BI) and what if LeBron didn’t join us last summer. How does this season play out?

Assuming that we kept Julius Randle and Ingram, Kuz, Ball and Hart played all 82 games? I think we win 43 or 44 games.

Lakers season.
200.gif

I'm just sitting back.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Woke up to the great news y’all.. somewhere Marco Nunez is still lookin up into the rafters with that stupid confused aloof *** look tryna figure out how his devry university *** got the job in the first place

Literally cannot name one injury dude handled competently. Every injury dude prescribed rest for two months before he realized surgery might be needed. Straight up was tryna buy himself time to figure out what to do. on bro I wouldn’t doubt that dudes entire knowledge came from watching dr oz wit his holistic medicine neti pot usin ***.

Now let’s please hire a trainer with certified credentials.. no more of this csula’s finest where the elote man also doubles as the lakers head trainer

I dont know if this season was worse than the last.

Yall doing Barney's this year?

100% worse.

These fools couldn't even tank right and this team wasn't enjoyable to watch.

If Pelinka and Luke aren't gone by the draft lottery I'm taking a sabbatical.

Woke up to the great news y’all.. somewhere Marco Nunez is still lookin up into the rafters with that stupid confused aloof *** look tryna figure out how his devry university *** got the job in the first place

Literally cannot name one injury dude handled competently. Every injury dude prescribed rest for two months before he realized surgery might be needed. Straight up was tryna buy himself time to figure out what to do. on bro I wouldn’t doubt that dudes entire knowledge came from watching dr oz wit his holistic medicine neti pot usin ***.

Now let’s please hire a trainer with certified credentials.. no more of this csula’s finest where the elote man also doubles as the lakers head trainer
holy **** lmao
not the elote man cuhz :rofl:

and how yall feel about Jesse Buss? Lol been seeing different twitter advocates push for him

holy **** lmao
not the elote man cuhz :rofl:

and how yall feel about Jesse Buss? Lol been seeing different twitter advocates push for him
Lmao had to flame my guy one last time for the culture

I think Jesse has done a tremendous job scouting for sure. Keeping him in a role that allows him to utilize his strengths (identifying talent/roster fits) would be my preference. I’m not sure about his competence on the business side/negotiating and all that to be GM. But if he gets promoted to Magic’s position then I’d be an advocate of getting Nick Mazzella (GM of SB Lakers) to fill Jesse’s old role. Mazzella has done a great job identifying talent/asset management for the South Bay lakers and works with the lakers on analytics. Makes me feel like he’d make that a focus and let objective measures influence his decisions which is always a plus.

But I’m also in favor of conducting a thorough search and interviewing a diverse group of candidates.. Jesse may be the best person for the job in this case.. but I’d like to see that the lakers learned their lesson instead of once again just hiring people who meet the only criteria of being affiliated with the lakers in any way lol

Who would have thought that hiring a guy who had tweeted stuff like: “okafor should be 2nd pick...” or “MCW is the next Jason Kidd...” would not be good at assembling and running a team

Back
Top Bottom