**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Davis/McGee/Wagner and maybe another veteran minimum guy should be enough to hold down the center spot.

Need to save the Room Exception for a swingman.

The potential free agent(s) don't have to wait from my understanding, its only AD that would wait to sign.

EDIT:

I just seen Woj' ESPN coverage this morning, man, I can sense the salt in his voice. Saying we were desperate, Boston had a good package ready, hesitantly saying we have gave up 2 potential stars in Ingram and Zo. That man really don't like the Lakers lol
Woj went from saying lakers didn’t have enough and Nola doesn’t value their players as much as bos been ****ting on lakers kids all year

Trade happens now it’s nola got a mega haul and lakers were desperate
Lakers were able to retain Kuz. It’s a win dude lol

Woj is ALA confirmed. I’ve come to realize that anything he says about lakers that isn’t a confirmation of a trade or signing is bogus lol

Woj is so obvious with his hatred , even started off his breaking news segment with what the Pels got , not that AD is a Laker. Also we have AD, I trust that things will work out cap wise, Woj will just find any negative to focus on.

I guess if they trade Wagner and Bonga for nothing they'd be 2 mil short of a full max. Maybe one of the gus would take less in year 1. Who knows.
3-5 M really not that much off from the max
Kawhi/Kyrie who are already champs probably do not care.

Plus whoever signs prob get that money offset from their sponsors.

Let’s be real. Joining this Lakers team with Lebron and AD is going to be phenomenally impactful for a players brand and marketability

Isn’t the trade a two way street? So on July 6th the lakers should have an automatic reply on their email:

Sorry I am out of the office. Will be back next week.

-Rob Pelinka

Last edited:
Kawhi-Leonard_s-sister-reacts-to-LeBron-Anthony-Davis-Kawhi-Leonard-big-3.jpg

At the end of the day, this trade comes down to the Pelicans betting on the Lakers being a dysfunctional franchise post-lebron. If the Lakers are competitive with Davis and LeBron, Davis resigns and remains healthy and were able to acquire a big name free agents to play with Davis (and Kemba/Kyrie) once LeBron retires those picks will be in the mid-to-late twenties making them pretty much worthless.

From David Aldridge:

If Davis waives his $4.7 million trade kicker, the Lakers will be able to add another star in free agency on a max contract. Whether it’s Kemba Walker, whom the New York Times’ Marc Stein reported as a potential Lakers target, or Kyrie Irving, whom sources have maintained for months wants to play with Davis, someone dynamic will likely be on the ball next season in L.A. (Cap guru Albert Nahmad pointed out Saturday that the Lakers might wait 30 days after the June 20 draft to officially execute the trade so Davis could keep his trade bonus.)

Source:

https://theathletic.com/1029788/201...elicans-work-their-plan-ripples-are-nba-wide/

Momo breaks it down. Saying if Lakers get a commitment from Kyrie, Kawhi, or Kemba they will wait to execute the trade until July 30th. If not then they break up the max slot and go after guys: Terrence Ross, JJ, Seth Curry, Danny Green, Brook Lopez.

Just as I thought. This isn’t Game of Thrones. Teams aren’t trying to kill each other and sabotage each other. Favors need to be earned. Griffin trying start early in the good karma

Back
Top Bottom