**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

ze7wr3ggc2ga1.jpg
It would be over

Once again, future picks are the most overrated asset in the nba. It worked out for Boston taking advantage of Brooklyn’s desperation, but I have no qualms about handing over the 27 or 29 pick. I think we can get by with 27 unprotected and 29 top 3-4 protected.

Remember that unprotected Miami 21 pick everyone thought was going to be worth so much? League was treating that **** like gold and it ended up not mattering.

Remember how people were tripping over themselves about the Lakers picks to the Pelicans? None of those picks ended up mattering. They were trynna act like the Lakers were going to hand wemby to the Pelicans this year when in fact we will probably end up with the better record :rofl:

The Lakers only owe 1 more first rounder from the AD trade if the swap doesn’t convey this year.

I say all that to say this. Get the trade done. Get Russ off the team by any means necessary.

Just get brick off this team. Smh

I just remember that play last game where they won the challenge on pat bevs steal and the very next play brick turn the ball over within seconds …like you really cant make this **** up anymore

Of course do the trade if it's available, but ultimately it's not up to us though as was the case over the summer.

They can offer Russ/Lonnie and both picks unprotected but if Tsai/Marks don't wanna play ball it won't happen.

They called KD's bluff, they could do the same with Myrie.

Of course do the trade if it's available, but ultimately it's not up to us though as was the case over the summer.

They can offer Russ/Lonnie and both picks unprotected but if Tsai/Marks don't wanna play ball it won't happen.

They called KD's bluff, they could do the same with Myrie.

And that's what I think they will do.

And the Nets would be stupid for it.

KD needs to request his trade so this deal can get done.

Nets are in a no win situation.

Also interesting with him getting traded here and that extension being limited to only 2 years, they could just sign him with the cap space in the summer close to around that amount without theoretically giving up the picks (would require renouncing everyone). That wouldn't help for this season but that is an option.

With him in tow you can resign Rui and Austin and go at it again next season with a little bit of continuity which would be the ideal situation for us.

Also interesting with him getting traded here and that extension being limited to only 2 years, they could just sign him with the cap space in the summer close to around that amount without theoretically giving up the picks. That wouldn't help for this season but that is an option.

I thought we wouldn't have a lot of space because of the Rui deal.

Have no clue if they could actually get Kyrie, but this has to help the Lakers with a trade in general right?

Prior to Kyrie popping up there was nobody that would realistically demand two first from the Lakers. Kyrie changes that for this team, so i think a lot of teams that may have been holding out on negotiations may see the Nets as a real threat of taking the Lakers potential packages off the board.

Trading Kyrie is basically the Nets putting an end to the KD era and that a rebuild is happening.

I could see Brooklyn just playing this year out before tearing it down, only caveat is that Kyrie leaves them nothing if they wait out the season.

Reactions: DLF
Also interesting with him getting traded here and that extension being limited to only 2 years, they could just sign him with the cap space in the summer close to around that amount without theoretically giving up the picks (would require renouncing everyone). That wouldn't help for this season but that is an option.

With him in tow you can resign Rui and Austin and go at it again next season with a little bit of continuity which would be the ideal situation for us.
If they waited until the summer to sign Kyrie, they would have to renounce Rui and he would walk. Team would be AD, Bron, Kyrie, Christie, Jones, pick and probably Reaves.

They wouldn't even have Kyrie's max which is why he wants the trade now, so they can have his Bird Rights.

If Brooklyn wants to stay competitive

Kyrie to Lakers
Picks and Russ expiring to Jazz
All the role players to Brooklyn
Ya I was thinking this

Beasley conley gay to nets

One pick to utah

Kyrie and Harris to lakers

Don’t forget the repeater tax issue with lakers. They may posture and secretly have no desire to enter next season without cap space to avoid taxes.

If Brooklyn wants to stay competitive

Kyrie to Lakers
Picks and Russ expiring to Jazz
All the role players to Brooklyn
Probably what it will end up being.

Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt to BK
Kyrie and probably attach Joe Harris to LAL
Rust and at least one 1st to Utah

Maybe able to finesse Clarkson or something else from Utah for the bench too.

Hope rob and Rambii value AR and Max like we do. Gotta keep them

This might be a case of “ship his *** out” like Bynum for Kidd

If Ainge is asking for too much, you can swap out Toronto with Utah in that deal.

Don’t think Charlotte has enough quality role players to offer in a 3 team trade.

Back
Top Bottom