Ad
Lebron
AR
Rui
Lopez or hart or any other 12-14 mill dollar player
Tpmle
Vet min guys x 9

Or

Run it back with everyone minus free agents we can’t afford (shroder). Then use Beasley Bamba and D’lo as trade assets.

I think option a avoids the repeater tax soooo…lakers prob choose that route

the question is: would you rather have

Ad
Lebron
AR
Rui
Lopez or hart or any other 12-14 mill dollar player
Tpmle
Vet min guys x 9

Or

Run it back with everyone minus free agents we can’t afford (shroder). Then use Beasley Bamba and D’lo as trade assets.

I think option a avoids the repeater tax soooo…lakers prob choose that route
How do they get this player in your scenario?

Shooting is important in the league there's no doubt about it but it's way less important when your shooters are MLE/occasioanl starter type guys. When your shooting is coming from guys like Steph, Lillard, Booker, KD, Luka, TRae.... or to a lesser extent Tatum, Murray, Fox, Haliberton

AKA guys who can shoot Extremely well but are also good scorers & playmakers. That is different & it shows come playoff time, but are team is built around two EXTREMELY 1of1 type players & we don't have the resources available to bring in one of those guys without severely drowning our depth. AD & Bron have proven that they can win with decent shooting & great defense. That has been a consistent them anytime the team has been winning the past few years.

Also because we're in so deep with the two star dynamic & one guy is 20+ years in & the other is injury prone, we have to really invest in wing/Bigman depth more than most other teams. AD can easily play the 5 man & dominate 95% of the league & he showed it this season. But if He is the lone reliable big he's going to tire himself out at the end of games/season, same with asking Bron to be the second "Big".

They don't need an AS caliber Center next to AD & Bron but like stated above they need a competent Guy who could play 20 Minutes a game, & a large backup (I'm in favor of seeing what Mo could be in that role). Keeping Rui is essential for this as well as he could play both wing Roles.

I Like Bringing D'Lo back if it's for a good number but i'm also not opposed to trading him later in the year as well. Ideally we go into next season with

D'lo/Lonnie
Reaves/ Max
Bron/Vando/ Swider
AD/ Rui
Mo/ Wenyen (maybe Look at Jay Huff also)

Bring back Beasley & package him with the 17th Pick for either a big or another wing

Use the TPE (about 6-7 Mil) on a backup PG

Very slim chance of happening but i'm hopeful:
Beasley & the 17th for Caruso Back
Beasley & the 17th for Boucher/Otto

Reactions: DLF
Bro I saw that quote and was like ?????
You don’t wanna get stronger or something at least?

I know it isn't as simple as just add muscle, but he's a guy who would benefit a lot from it given he's a legit 6'4/6'5 & has a 6'10 wingspan. He also already plays like a big guard rather than someone who relies on quickness & explosiveness. He would be so much more effective on both ends if he was able to put on some muscle.

How do they get this player in your scenario?
Let D’lo walk. Reaves 12 mill first year. Rui 15 mill first year. Don’t pick up Beasley and bamba

Lakers got one of the most confusing cap situations this year. We will know more by late June bc Bamba and Beasley (and Vanderbilt) need to be decided on by then. By July 1st we will definitively know their cap situation

Some Laker fans still won’t give him his just due.

Definitely impressed he played.
We needed him and he showed toughness and passion

But did he have to shoot all those threes? Look at the volume and percentage in the playoffs. He has high IQ that’s why I’m surprised he kept taking low percentage shots for him

Some Laker fans still won’t give him his just due.

They ain’t Laker fans, they’re Team Mamba fans. All we ever asked for from Bron was to bring us back to relevance and deliver us a chip. He’s delivered on all fronts. Bron doesn’t sign, no AD, no chip. Proud of this year’s run to WCF, lost to a better team. Who knows, a few bounces here and there go our way during the series, it’d probably be a different series.

Definitely impressed he played.
We needed him and he showed toughness and passion

But did he have to shoot all those threes? Look at the volume and percentage in the playoffs. He has high IQ that’s why I’m surprised he kept taking low percentage shots for him
probably because he knew dangelo russell wasnt gonna make **** 🤣

anyway we can get trent jr and van vleet do it

Gary Trent Jr and Malik Beasley
IMG_6663.jpeg

Trouble with the bigs argument is that people marry themselves to a hard line one way or the other.

"You have to have bigs to win! Duncan & Robinson, Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem, all the bigs!!"

"No, you don't HAVE to. Warriors run. 90s Bulls won with... who? Wennington? Ewing was a big time big. How many times did he win?"

I lean more on the 'Get bigs!' side, but I'm not married to the idea. The Heat are 1 win away from the Finals. Name Bam's backup.

roster balance > *

The Kyrie situation will tell us if Klutch is still in control of the lakers after the colossal mistake of acquiring Westbrick

I lean towards Buss and Pelinka regaining control and they will show that this summer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom