**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Ham has to pick one, he should start the season with Hayes in the rotation instead of Wood.

Man if Prince can come off curls and make plays off the dribble that's going to open up the playbook.

Not starting Rui is a mistake imo. For him to get to the next level and become an all-star potential caliber player I think starting is important for his confidence and getting into a rhythm of the game. I could be wrong though and he wins the 6th man. We'll see.

Missed the game, team had practice tonight BUT had already seen enough preseason bball… this team is ready to go.

No real huge surprises to takeaway from the preseason for me…

- Prince should be the 5th starter, Rui 6th man
- Hayes the first big off the bench for now, maybe revisit that when Wood gets in better shape
- Max v Cam… defense very solid from both, Max provided better off ball shooting but Cam better on ball
- Not sure where Vando fits in when everyone healthy, feel the same way about Wood
-AR, Prince, Lebron, AD, and 5th player w/ length very intriguing.
- Overall thought most of the main players looked great, no preseason rust

People seriously care about the outcome of preseason games? As much lineup experimenting and token minutes given to obvious non-NBA rotation players that we all stopped caring about anything that happened after the starters left the game…

But maybe that’s just me.

Seemed like the starters played hard for the first five minutes then the rest of the game was just discombobulated. Kinda disappointing effort.

My daughter holding my replica Lakers trophy. Can't wait for her to get more hardware!

20231020_085530.jpg

20231020_085520.jpg

Attachments

• 20231020_085528.jpg
    20231020_085528.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 29
I agree with y’all Hayes should be next big in line. He’s solid. Good defense, usually good decision making, hustles and rebounds. I was banging the drum to get Wood as he has highest ceiling, but he has been underwhelming with basketball IQ, and defensively. Watched him enough last night to see that he's one of those bigs who really needs touches or he breaks

Max Christie > Cam reddish. Cam makes rookie mistakes with TO's, his opponent drawing fouls on him, not best decisions. I see he's got the potential definitely, but not sure Lakers have time/minutes to develop him. Not that Christie is some veteran, but saw more from him. Prince is probably the safest pick for backup SG though

I think if D'Lo is *really* good, then that probably means less time for Christie (like 8-10 MPG). But if D'Lo plays to his usual standards, then Christie should play 15-18 MPG backing up Reaves.

you got a link to these trophies? Might try to cop 6 for the 6 chips I watched on TV :lol:

Screenshot_20231021_062753_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom