**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Championship teams having battle tested playoff vets with high IQ surrounding star players is nothing new. It's always been a large factor in the construction of all title winning teams in the history of this league.

Why you think Jerry went out and got Ron Harper, AC Green, Glen Rice, John Salley, and Brian Shaw to win it all in 2000 when he saw prime Shaq and Kobe just couldn't get to the next level with Eddie Jones, Elden, Van Exel, and Ceballos 2 years prior?

Its imperative if they want to win, Lakers need to get vets who have GRIT, are tough nosed, are battle tested, and have that certain chip on they shoulder. Guys like DLo, Hachimura, JHS, Reddish, Vando, Hayes, Vincent don't belong in this category.

Although Wood and Prince are keepers imo.

Hayward Gordon buyout? Go get him if he becomes available. Guaranteed he wants to prove something to BOS and the rest of the league that he ain't nowhere near done.

Capela, the same Clint Capela who's played in countless meaningful playoff series both in the East and Western conferences? Go get him ASAP. We already know he fills A BIG NEED

What about guys like Terry Rozier, the former Celtic fan fav who got shipped out cause BOS wanted Kyrie instead. He wants to prove something in the playoffs for sure.

Patty Mills, longtime clutch player deluxe who used to play in the playoffs regularly, wants to show he can still be an impact bench player. Go get him if he becomes available.

Andre Drummond, former Laker, definitely has a lot left in his tank as he been playing like he has something to prove the last month averaging Prime Drummond rebounding numbers.

We wonder why young Curry won a chip in 2015, as great a shooter he was and still is. GSW wouldnt have won without the presence of ALL the battle tested vets Andrew Bogut (Legit Big), Andre Igoudala, Leandro Barbosa, Shaun Livingston, David Lee, (Legit Big) Marreese Speights (Legit Big), Anderson Varejao (Legit Big) that Jerry West surrounded young Steph, young Klay, young Barnes, and young Dray with during the 2015 title season and the 73 win team that choked a 3-1 lead to Bron and Kyrie.

Lakers, go get me some gotdamn Veteran BIGS!!

Last edited:
So if the Lakers acquire a big man before the deadline, then what does that tell you Mr Tupac?
henry-vacuum.gif

I'll stand down if AD wins a chip playing the 5 99% of the time surrounded with nothing but 6'5" - 6'8" forwards and guards.

I bet you he won't.

Just saying we need to get bigger is stupid.

I don't know why yall keep debating with ol buddy about that.

We are in basketball purgatory.
Proof people nowadays don't read all the way through

So do all my trade machine screenshots this season imply that the ONLY solution to the Lakers' problems is to ONLY get bigger? Tell me where I say the Lakers only need to get bigger? Funny how my trades seem to always include both a Big AND a guard or two lol

I've even gone on record in the past on NT saying the Lakers need a Big AND at least two 2-way guards in order to get to the next level.

#ReadingisFundamental
#IgnoreButtonsAre4haters

*whispers*
time to start Christian wood
*exits niketalk*
Been saying this whole time that Wood should've been starting next to AD since way back in November. Wood-AD is the best 2-Big lineup the Lakers have and they dont utilize it as much as they should.

Its going to be hilarious if the Lakers acquire a center and they decide to start a 2-Big lineup and Lakers turn their season around as a result.

Did I say above that CWood is "THE answer?"

With the current flawed roster, starting Wood and AD is the best option for this team as its currently constructed

#ReadingANDcomprehendingAREfundamental
Don’t take every thing eye say literally man.

I wasn’t replying to your post.

I wish we had a player like this, leading the league in 3 points %

Or a lockdown defensive Guard like Caruso.

Oh well.....at least we'd get something in return for moving pieces like them.....oh, wait.....

:frown: :smh:

I wish 3-point threats would hit a damn shot when they're with us. 🙃🫠🤦🏻‍♂️
#brick

Indeed. Better to see if Cam Reddish can hit them......

Beasley been a known sniper for a long while. He had a rough couple months with us. Let him work thru it.

Cam Reddish......well, he tries. (We're talking about 8th-9th type guys on the roster, mind you)

The Bucks can afford to be patient with him. LAL couldn't.

Add to that Beasley's on a vet min contact playing next to Giannis/Dame/Middleton/Brook. Can't even begin compare the situations.

Beasley been a known sniper for a long while. He had a rough couple months with us. Let him work thru it.
Nah a better move would be to harass him and his family on social media… that would def motivate him to play better

IMG_0195.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 68
Nah a better move would be to harass him and his family on social media… that would def motivate him to play better

IMG_0195.jpeg

I've been told, in this thread, fans have zero impact on teams decisions etc.

That right there is proof that's dead wrong.

Loud fans absolutely influence stuff, good and bad. :frown:

Danny Green was after he missed the 3 in a 3-1 series. :lol: :smh:
We won in 6 instead of 5 and guy was getting harassed.

Loud fans absolutely influence stuff, good and bad. :frown:
One thing to talk crap on a sneaker message board, but I’m not going to their social media pages to disrespect a player or their family because they’re playing bad… it’s never that serious, and I personally find it to be 1000% wack.

These guys are human too and there’s only so much that you can take before it starts to wear on you. Beas probably let the noise get to him and couldn’t wait to get out of town. Maybe that’s just a part of the “lights” that come with playing in LA in this social media era but I’m not a fan.

I do feel like most of the Laker fans are great, best in the biz and these bums that do this stuff are just a small but vocal minority.

The true problem with social media.

It gives idiots a platform to let the world know they are idiots.

I have never once in my life thought about going to an athletes page to talk about them...and we got idiots that go to thier families SM pages to do it.

Back
Top Bottom