**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The AD-Bron-Prince-Reaves-D'Lo starting lineup is a negative for the year. That absolutely matters when you are in a deficit to start every game.
Said overrated, not that it doesn't matter at all... I believe this team is mostly going to get off to slow starts unless the stars come out like gangbusters, or they just get absurdly hot from 3 early.

Prince entered the game today at the 6 minute mark with the score tied at 10, inserting Rui in with the starters wasn't exactly impactful tonight... if the Lakers are down by a significant amount by the time the 1st sub comes in it's saying more about AD and Lebron than anything IMO

Screenshot_20240203_220926_X.jpg
Screenshot_20220911-122922_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240203_221242_Google.jpg

Just for reference, since the beginning of the year.
Dejounte Murray has taken the 44th most 3s at 95.
He’s shooting 33.7% from 3 since 1/1/24

Went 0/6 tonight. Going into tonight 35.9%
35.3% from 3 over the last 2 months (29 games)
Regression to the mean.

DLo is 3rd in 3pointers made in 2024 (45%) and would need to go 10/36 to match the number 1 3PM guy in makes, the amount of attempts and percentage. (Steph Curry)

Last edited:
Jovan:
1000004754.png

Reddish should be back in a week or so, so that will help defensively.

What can Vincent and seconds fetch? :lol:

I like both players but lakers closed without Dlo and Rui last night and looked great.

That just tells me we have 3 tradeable salaries (Dlo, Rui & Gabe).

Tbh tho I hate trade season. I can’t wait til the Thursday deadline is over so the subliminal tweets and the trade machine screenshots/chatter can end.

Last edited:
I'm just now watching last night's game. Eyebrow's back to back blocks when it was 73-76, then scoops the 2nd block and outlets to #myAR who goes straight to the cup... 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
If you just look at the box score it's a mid game for him, but he was crazy good defensively. There was a 7 minute stretch in the 4th where NYK didn't score

I like both players but lakers closed without Dlo and Rui last night and looked great.

They closed without Bron & AD versus the Celtics. Means nothing, but also if you apply it with the same logic.

It’s all about matchups. And hot hands. Sometimes it’s DLo. Sometimes it’s AR. Sometimes it’s TP. Sometimes it’s Rui. Sometimes it was Vando.

The Lakers went to a normal rotation with DLo to sub out late 3. With the idea of in at 6-8 minutes left. And were down 2. Ended the quarter down 6.

Ham ran an offshoot of a normal substitution
And it was a relatively even game for the first 6 minutes of the 4th. They were up 1 when TP traveled. Up 4 when he made a 3. Then still up 4 when he tried to catch a good pass one handed. (A mistake that would get everyone not named Bron or AD benched).
Lakers played good defense to close the last 5:40.
But the Knicks equally **** all over themselves. In the next 4 minutes. Lakers won 5-0. Knicks not ****ting all over themselves contributed.

DLo was necessary for the win against the Celtics. As well as stabilizing them over the last month.

Just like the guys!

Except Gabe. He stinks.

Last edited:
Wearing Star Wars and Wrestling T-shirts is pretty lame, but not lamer than these goggles in public.

Lukewarm take but my gut feeling is that Rui is the only significant Laker who gets traded this week.

Just too many forwards on the roster, especially if/when Vando returns...

Think Gabe and seconds are getting traded for a stop-gap defender and duck the tax. Don't think we're getting DFS or Royce O'Neal. Maybe someone like Delon Wright, veteran guard defender who's an expiring contract.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom