**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Last year doesn't help us this year. If you've played any level of competitive sports, playing a full year together the current year builds much more chemistry than playing together for a small portion of last year
No offense man but that just sounds silly… “if you’ve played any level of competitive sports” 😂 because if you’ve played competitively you’d know that you don’t need a specific amount of games played together to develop chemistry and also that it’s developed quite a bit off the floor w/ things like film together, conversations on buses, watching each other up close and developing trust. So to say “last year doesn’t help this year” that to me sounds like you never played any competitive sports. Nothing like going on a playoff run with a team, forming a bond and then having it come to an end…

But back to the main point, imo the chemistry is just fine offensively. You don’t become one of the better offenses in the league if you don’t have that. The problem with this group that NO CHEMISTRY IS GOING TO FIX is that they are a collection of average to bad defensive players outside AD and an engaged Lebron. DLo has been and probably always will be terrible on that end. Austin has his moments of being effective on defense, and other times he might be targeted more than DLo. Rui is a space cadet who is allergic to rebounding way too much for a guy his size and Lebron has seen better days on that end. I dont care if they played 3 or 4 seasons together nothing is fixing that.

Last time the Lakers were the favorites to win the championship, here’s where ESPN had Lebron and AD ranked amongst the best in the league…

IMG_1064.jpeg

It’s a players league man… and I’m not saying criticism about the front office or coaching isn’t valid because I don’t think either has been that good during this tenure but if the dudes are playing like dudes things would be a whole lot different.

Who are the best coaches in the league?

Pop, Kerr, Spo?

What seeds are those 3 teams?

Anyone in here even able to name Minnesota or Boston's head coach? (Without Google)
OKC?
Cleveland?

Thibs and Doc Rivers do it for ya with NY and the Bucks? :nerd:

Denver the champs cuz Mike Malone suddenly learned when to use his timeouts, orrrrrrrr maybe Jokic got somethin to do with it?

I mean......ignore Ham and look at the 29 other teams for a change. I know it don't matter, Ham will be fired in a couple weeks, then y'all will start the cycle again with the next mark.

No offense man but that just sounds silly… “if you’ve played any level of competitive sports” 😂 because if you’ve played competitively you’d know that you don’t need a specific amount of games played together to develop chemistry and also that it’s developed quite a bit off the floor w/ things like film together, conversations on buses, watching each other up close and developing trust. So to say “last year doesn’t help this year” that to me sounds like you never played any competitive sports. Nothing like going on a playoff run with a team, forming a bond and then having it come to an end…

But back to the main point, imo the chemistry is just fine offensively. You don’t become one of the better offenses in the league if you don’t have that. The problem with this group that NO CHEMISTRY IS GOING TO FIX is that they are a collection of average to bad defensive players outside AD and an engaged Lebron. DLo has been and probably always will be terrible on that end. Austin has his moments of being effective on defense, and other times he might be targeted more than DLo. Rui is a space cadet who is allergic to rebounding way too much for a guy his size and Lebron has seen better days on that end. I dont care if they played 3 or 4 seasons together nothing is fixing that.
Referring to teammate chemistry... playing sports with your teammates. Knowing where they are, where they like the ball, where their spots are, when they like to pick n roll vs pick n pop, when they're going to cut etc. This type of chemistry is developed from playing with your teammates. Not buddy-buddy chemistry watching film, hanging out on the weekends, getting food. Teammate chemistry matters this year, not last year playing for a few weeks in the playoffs. Teammate chemistry makes a team better.

Who are the best coaches in the league?

Pop, Kerr, Spo?

What seeds are those 3 teams?

Anyone in here even able to name Minnesota or Boston's head coach? (Without Google)
OKC?
Cleveland?

Thibs and Doc Rivers do it for ya with NY and the Bucks? :nerd:

Denver the champs cuz Mike Malone suddenly learned when to use his timeouts, orrrrrrrr maybe Jokic got somethin to do with it?

I mean......ignore Ham and look at the 29 other teams for a change. I know it don't matter, Ham will be fired in a couple weeks, then y'all will start the cycle again with the next mark.
Bucks had 30-13 record before Doc Rivers came. Since Doc took over, 16-17 record. Doc changed the system, rotations, schemes and it hasn't been working out. Same players, different coach and system the coach implemented

Bucks had 30-13 record before Doc Rivers came. Since Doc took over, 16-17 record. Doc changed the system, rotations, schemes and it hasn't been working out. Same players, different coach and system the coach implemented

30-13........and they fired him. Their 3rd coach in 2 years after winning the 21 title.

They went from the 2 seed to the.........2 seed. :lol:

30-13........and they fired him. Their 3rd coach in 2 years after winning the 21 title.

They went from the 2 seed to the.........2 seed. :lol:
30-13
Then
16-17, they're not even a .500 team after.

They remained the 2 seed because they had such a huge buffer from all the winning they did prior to Docs tenure. No one is saying players' don't matter. Coaching matters too

30-13
Then
16-17, they're not even a .500 team after.

They remained the 2 seed because they had such a huge buffer from all the winning they did prior to Docs tenure. No one is saying players' don't matter. Coaching matters too

So......the rookie head coach, who was 30-13, should not have been fired? When it was the players themselves that pushed for it?

And you feel they downgraded at coach?

So......the rookie head coach, who was 30-13, should not have been fired? When it was the players themselves that pushed for it?

And you feel they downgraded at coach?
If players are all that matters, coaching change shouldn't matter. Yet after the coaching change, there was a huge difference in rotations, minutes and then wins and losses.

Same team, same players, different coach. Drastically different results.

Never said Doc was a worse coach, but he implemented a new system and rotations when he took over. He started playing the veterans over the young guys (I felt the young guys are/were better personally), He had his guards run back on defense (guards were crashing offensive boards more and letting up most in transition), and changed offensive schemes as well (more pick n pop Dame w/ Brook Lopez, more 2 man game with Dame/giannis).

I think some of the changes Doc made are better, and some worse, but the coaches changes effected rotations, minutes, chemistry, continuity, offense, defense and resulted with losses (many blowouts)

Last edited:
Middle.
The truth lies in the middle.

The "It's not the coach AT ALL!" people refuse to acknowledge that coaching matters to SOME degree. They act like professional sports is 100% players/roster, and 0% coaching.

And the "It's the coach!" people refuse to acknowledge the other factors FAR more influential than the suit & clipboard guy.
Mainly they are 9th seed bad with a low IQ coach, horrible chemistry, inconsistent role players, sensitive eye sockets and an aging GOAT who can’t play defense for half of a game. Did i miss anything else? 😂
Exactly.

When players say this stuff I wonder if they actually believe it....

We are in a horrible spot and it's our own fault.

Those games we tricked off man...especially the last 2 vs GSW and the one where we were up 19 vs Sac then folded.

Ready for it to be over so I can focus on the Dodgers.

Last edited:
While we want the tear down,

We know they won't. They gonna ride with Bron until he decides to retire. Business wise it makes sense for thier bottom line but us as fans hate it because (unless the right deal is really made for the 3rd star) we aren't a championship roster.

And really it's just because of how good teams got. Minny and Denver are gonna be a force for a while.

Younger stars and complementary role players.

Basketball purgatory.

While we want the tear down,

We know they won't. They gonna ride with Bron until he decides to retire. Business wise it makes sense for thier bottom line but us as fans hate it because (unless the right deal is really made for the 3rd star) we aren't a championship roster.

And really it's just because of how good teams got. Minny and Denver are gonna be a force for a while.

Younger stars and complementary role players.

Basketball purgatory.

I mean they did that with Kobe and he was playing at a level way below what Bron is producing.

Back
Top Bottom