LA vs. SF

Lived in both. Great people and food. LA gets advantage based on Weather only. SD county >

Always wondered when people say this...is the weather really that much different between LA/SD/SF? Just thought itll all be the same basically

I get tired of the same arguments on NT. I'll just enjoy both and call it a day.

Lived in both. Great people and food. LA gets advantage based on Weather only. SD county >

Always wondered when people say this...is the weather really that much different between LA/SD/SF? Just thought itll all be the same basically

San Diego has the best weather of all 3 by far.

LA is always warm, and in SF you will require a light coat almost all year. Also, SF has multiple microclimates throughout the city.

Last edited:
never been to SF, but if this is true, id be living in LA...

10. And Los Angeles' Mexican food game is pretty much unbeatable.

Yes, SF has the Mission burrito, and it's heavenly. But a Mission burrito and an actual Mexican burrito (usually only filled with meat and refried beans) are two very different things. When it comes to authenticity and traditional Mexican food, LA takes this one hands down.

Last edited:

Yes, SF has the Mission burrito, and it's heavenly. But a Mission burrito and an actual Mexican burrito (usually only filled with meat and refried beans) are two very different things. When it comes to authenticity and traditional Mexican food, LA takes this one hands down.

Specific places? Pls. 

Im going to LA for the first time in a few months... no pubic transportation?? im bout to rent a bucket

I like LA, but SF is the only place i can live. I like the diverse cultures and people, the laid back atmosphere, the food, the hippies, weather(layering clothes without being hot or cold ftw but NT23 is dead on about the microclimates), the weed, the city, the teams, etc. mission burritos > *

ps all those eses in LA are annoying as !@#$ too and i cant stand the crazy amount of fake, superficial people in LA

Last edited:
In the grand scheme, it's not much of a difference. But in CA where we rarely dip below say, 30 F, it does make a solid difference.

I've lived in the greater LA area most of my life. You have different cultures at diff parts. The artistic dudes hang out in the west side and Los Feliz, Asians are primary around the 626 and so forth.

You def need a car to easily get around. SoCal wasn't built around public transportation.

I fell in love with the whole SD area when I had to visit that area and its surroundings often for work. Only a short 2.5 hour drive but the vibe is much different.

Layering doesn't count in CA :lol: that's my conclusion after experiencing negative degree weather.

Im going to LA for the first time in a few months... no pubic transportation?? im bout to rent a bucket
Stop by any Hertz or what have you, a normal sedan is like $30-40 a day. Enjoy your trip!

Way different. We have a couple of beaches in SF and you have to be a total sav to want to actually get in the water. Plus our water here in SF isn't too pretty either. Plus SF deals with fog which to some LA people is almost damn near rain but to NY people, it's a thick breeze. It's just a preference really but oddly if you go a couple miles inland, weather gets to 80-90 degrees. The only bad thing is there is nothing to do inland like there is in the city. I always recommend just carrying a light jacket.

One thing I wish SF had more of is good steak or BBQ joints. We definitely are not the leader in the category. Also the Japanese food is very meh here as well.

:lol: San Diego got the best Mexican food

im from sf but go to la alot
i prefer sf but i love visiting la
there transportation is limited though
like out here u really dont need a car
but in la u do
la kinda reminds me of a very large san leandro/hayward hybrid

No taqueiria I've ever eaten at in LA, SD, or TJ had burritos that tasted better than a Mission St burrito

Last edited:
Stop by any Hertz or what have you, a normal sedan is like $30-40 a day. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you FAM!!!!!! good looks im bout to be stuntin in a prius cuh LOL hope i can bag some LA joints

LA public transport :x
LA smog :x
LA traffic :x

Still had a blast when i went last summer :wow:

SF is fun and one of my favorite places in the world because of all the sight seeing and recreational stuff, but LA has better looking women without question. It's not even close. SF girls are some of the ugliest I've ever laid my eyes on.

Last edited:
I always love those SF women are ugly comments. Yes it might not have as many beautiful women as LA but there's still many since it's a world class city. And let's be serious here, most men aren't really getting at the super gorgeous ones like that and settle for the ones they feel they are on par with.

Granted I do believe that LA has better looking women but SF girls are just different in general. I mean look at even NYC. Even the few that I have met from there are the toughest girls I have ever met and that is just something you don't find in LA girls all the time. Also I said this before in another post. Most people from SF that live here are all transplants and most come from LA and NY anyways. We're a melting pot of all areas of the world.

Back
Top Bottom