Ladies and Gentlemen, Pictures of the XIX's Have Arrived....

First of, I by J's to floss not to ball in, cause they cost to much and I like the shoe to much. And I wasn't dissapointed at all. All you haters will come around over time, like when the first Xi's came out.

And can someone please,please.please photoshop a black/red colorway?

PnOyxHuSLa- Who is that thick girl in tha pic?

Team Bay Area
Reppin dat 510

Manposite, I don't understand why you say the XVII's were not as responsive as previous models. I thought they were much better than the XVI's and the best of all the J's I had ever worn.

Thinking of it in a different way, instead of the construction giving a restrictive feel, I feel it actually meant it HAD to move with your foot since the two were so tightly coupled and so it was ULTRA responsive.

Just my opinion. I love the shoe to play in and I've played in every J except 2, 10, 14 and 15. Oh, wait, I haven't laced up my XVIII's yet. That's this thursday. :smile:
smile.gif

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

F/S: Horse1,11.5 | Graphite Hyperflight,10.5 | Blk/Wht/Red VC Low,10.5 |
Blk/Slate Unlimited, worn a couple but great, 11 | Email for details.

Yeah the 17's are probably the most stable aj's ever!! I have played in the x's (godawful nearly broke my ankle the first time I played in them), the 14's(very good) 15's(awful) and didn't get the 18's because a lot of different people I trust says stay away.
The best ballin aj's in my opinion are in order
17's
14's
16's
11's
9's
the rest are way out of date and can't hold of to today's standards.
the worst in order...
10's
15's
8's

Quote:
Enh, why would you have high expectations? If(as you say) there hasn't been any good J's to come out since '95, why would you even have the desire to look at the pics? Since, you just KNOW that they would be a dissappointment.

Well you hope that somewhere down the line, JB learns again, and comes out with something BOMBING that rocks the world of shoe on its foundation.

Guess the XIX isn't gonna be that shoe.

Too Manposite:

Ate you from JB or something. Just wondering, since you are so defensive and feel like you have to clear out all points against any J.
DRT ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS:
TJP - The Jordan Palace
@ www.air-jordans.tk

OW'NAGE DESIGN STUDIOS
@ www.ownage-design.tk

on the xvii jordan subject,
the lace cover is what diapointed me the most, it was way to hard to put on. a lot of people do not wear there lace covers because of this. when it takes more than 5 minutes to put on the lace cover, people lose interest. Even to the "older, heavier audience" ! myself included. makes me wonder what they were thinking, if they were thinking, about the consumer wants and the functionality of the lace cover.
even more, the front air zoom was very minimal. i remember someone taking pictures of there xvii's cut in half by a saw. everybody was very disapointed in what they saw. but yet, they (jordan brand) hyped it as being a big break through in the jordan line.
was the xvii way to narrow? it seemed like it to me. i had to go a full size higher than any other jordan that i have.
all in all,
kicksology wrote this "the removable midfoot support straps on the Air Jordan XVII are largely useless, hard to put on and feel like they will break within a week of use. I say that they are largely useless because only those with extremely narrow feet will be able to actually wear the shoe with the straps on. I couldn't even get close to closing the straps when I had the shoe on and, even if I had managed it, I have a feeling that the flimsy plastic tabs that keep the strap in place would have broken loose anyway. It's no wonder that MJ wears his Air Jordan XVIIs sans straps."

[/center]

LOL theyre pretty cool.... does NT keep records of the number of replies in a week? :rofl:
roll.gif

The next J's are gonna have a CD, a Case, a Towel, and a Handgun so you can get outta the parking lot wit em.

On the XVII cover, I don't think it was designed for everyone to use. I think it was meant more for narrow footed people. This might have been because the more structured midsole made it more difficult for them to get a good fit in the shoe.

The cover stretched with a few wearings so it soon became easier to put on. It was still difficult with that fastener design though and I really think that product should not have been released in that state. That was an embarrasment to the Air Jordan legacy. Great mistakes in Jordans are few but here are my list:

1. XVII lace cover.
2. XV tongue.
3. Leather type on white XVII and XVIII.
4. Painted midsoles that chip.
5. The midsole pieces on the XIV toe that come unstuck and crease. Questionable funtionality and porr position considering creasing. Many were returned here due to them coming off.

Other things like chuttney and ginger colourways can be put down to individual taste. A lot of people like them.

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

I wonder if promoshoes will have them early. They are ok I wouldn't mind getting those in black/red or white/red to match with a Bulls jersey.

they should have put snake skin on the lace cover! :lol:
laugh.gif

(sorry, couldnt help that one)
"If you have sex without a condom, you might get something that will kill you...kids."

Sigh, I know that is meant as a joke but.....

Do people get it that the lace cover and the material is not there for looks? It is a functional piece of the shoe? Snakeskin or any other material would not work there.

The whole point is that there is a new lacing system and that the cover combines with it to give the fit. The new material allowed for this new way of creating the fit and performance of the shoe. The material flexes in a way that other material cannot and which would make a different cover detract from the fit rather than make it better.

From what I can see the inner is really simple, like a bootie that tightens with thin laces and a toggle that act much like a drawtring. The drawstring is much like a speed lacing system (IX's, X's) and distributes the force evenly over the instep. This is different to some fatter laced shoes where the forces can be greater in some areas than other because the laces are not free to move to spread the force. With those you need to manually adjust the laces up and down the foot which can be a pain.

The cover then gives a further locked down fit, again distrbuting the force over a wider area in an even manner instead of the forces being concentrated along particular lines or at particular points. It should provide a different feel on the foot, that feeling that it is part of your foot, a single unit that is ultra responsive.

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

Quote:
I love NT. It always starts off with "Those are ", "These are the worst Jordans ever!!", "JB keeps going downhill", etc.

Then it transforms into "I hated them at first, but they look great from the other angles!", "They're slowly growing on me", and "They're not that great. I'll just get a pair for my collection"

And come release date, we end up with a post that says "Jordan # stories". If people think JB has become very predictable, they're no where near the automatic reactions that NT gives.

:lol:
laugh.gif
So true and predictable.

As far as lace covers, the only complaints I've heard came from NT. Most people I've encountered simply aren't bothered by them (the 16-1 8)
glasses.gif
. I think the expectations on NT get ridiculous sometimes and some of the responses are so over exaggerated. How can you be dissapointed by the lace covers on the 16 and 17, when all you have to do take them off? If people were turned off by the lace covers with the 16 and 17, I couldn't tell. How about the 160 and $200 price tag when you can get all-purpose AF1's for $80 and some all-purpose timbs for about $130. The 18 and 19 I can see as a justifiable complaint because they aren't removable, but damn, its so negative on here! Whether I agree or not, a simple discussion is so much more appreciated on here now.

Thanks Manposite, CEO and anyone else who provides info, pics, etc.
"One thing that I hated in school was reading out loud" - Choppa

Yes i did mean that as a joke, however I am one of the lucky few who have actually HELD the XIX's. Sorry, I'll avoid the joke next time...

Yes, the mesh will allow for a better, more custom fit than lets say a big piece of snakeskin (because snakeskin doesn't flex or contour to the foot like mesh). Honestly, I think the mesh has more to do with the actual fit of the shoe vs the speed lace system. However, I have feeling those skinny laces wont last long. I'm sure in time, these shrouds will become more common as they (shoe companies) find more ways to pull the shroud so it wraps around the foot better.
"If you have sex without a condom, you might get something that will kill you...kids."

Good comments. I agree totally about the shrouds becoming more common. It's the advance of technology.

Having seen the shoe in person are you able to describe to us a bit about what is under the shroud?
- Is the inner part perforeated at all?
- Does it have the same kind of seemless inner as the last few J's?
- What are the lace loops like?
- What is the gap between the two sides like, does it join at the bottom like the 18.5 and XVII low? I don't think that works well as it buckles since the average forces is not perpendicular to the edge of the material.

Also, can you tell us about the exposed piece in the arch? Is that carbon fibre? TPU over it like the XVII's? Tate said in his interview on Kicksology.net that they were going to take the carbon fibre thing to the next level. By that I thought they might have a full length carbon fibre sockliner (he mentioned one college team puts steel plates in their shoes).

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

CEO and Manposite:

One simple question...

You have both stated the the initial phases of the XX has began and we have read that Tinker is once again the designer...SO...

Does the Jordan XX have a lace cover?

JM
KOBE TWO SAMPLES on eBay...CHECK THE LINK...​
[/b]​

That is only true if it is a mere cosmetic cover. If it was a cover like the XIX's then to remove it means a major redesign. I think that would be somehting they would be set on from the start. If it was not to be an important necessary funtional element like on the XIX then yes, they probably could change their mids during development. It is all to do with what purpose it has and how much it effects the rest of the package.

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

I actually like these

Which is shocking because I haven't really been liking the recent releases of Jordan's.

...and if they cost $150 I might not even wait until they go on sale to get them.

They are not as nice as some people are acting, but they are definately not bad at all. When we first saw the XVIII I absolutely hated them until I saw them in person. They became one of my all time favorites. I have high hopes for these ones, I'll prob cop a pair for sure.
"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared."​

:D
happy.gif
Nice.. but i think the "tent" is abit too high up. Maybe itll look nicer if its abit lower.. so, maybe a part of the tongue shows up.

Back
Top Bottom