[::LAKERS (1) vs. THUNDER (4) Series Thread | OKC Wins - Congrats To Thunder Fans::]

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

May we never compare kobe to michael ever ever ever ever ever again.

This.Mj at 34 still could explode with 50pts gamesin the playoffs and averaged more pts than inRegular seasons as usual.Kobe need to step up unless he wants to end up Like last year with 22ppg in the sweep
frown.gif

Are you serious? You honestly think Kobe isn't capable of scoring 50 if he wanted to? 
The point is to get the whole team involved, he cant win it all on his own in the playoffs. Gotta involve the bigs, especially Bynum. This isnt 2006, he actually has teammates...they just arent performing very well right now. 
ohwell.gif

well pau needs to get his @%$ back in the paint. bynum played well last game, but we need more from him. they arent doubling kobe, so i need him to be more agressive, you normally dont have to ask him twice lol. sesh, man i just need him to try. if he isnt going to play even semi decent defense, then he better be out for blood on the offensive end. i know these guys havent learned how to defend the pnr in 2 days, but i need something from them when that happens. ron will more or less be on durant for 48 minutes, so i hope he ate his wheaties. i dont see kobe havent the speed to stop westbrook without foul trouble. might just have to let him go. he's not going to drop 40. and he doesnt set up other guys, let him shoot himself out the game. i'd rather kobe on a slower harden. might have to let kobe run the 1 for a little while when okc's big 3 gets in. then our lineup would look like kb, barnes, metta, pau n bynum. we still have good scoring on the court but a better defensive lineup and size. if barnes isnt looking to drive everytime he gets the ball, dont give it to him on offense. our inside game will be our strength. doubling can do more harm than good againt the thunder because they have guys that can easily space the floor. just some thoughts.

Originally Posted by quik1987

7 Stages of Grief...

1. SHOCK & DENIAL

2. PAIN & GUILT

3. ANGER & BARGAINING

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS

5. THE UPWARD TURN

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

I see some of y'all on #7 already

quik1987 said:
7 Stages of Grief...

1. SHOCK & DENIAL

2. PAIN & GUILT

3. ANGER & BARGAINING

5. THE UPWARD TURN

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

I see you have nothing to contribute to this thread. Another post without a SHRED of basketball in it.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

May we never compare kobe to michael ever ever ever ever ever again.

This.Mj at 34 still could explode with 50pts gamesin the playoffs and averaged more pts than inRegular seasons as usual.Kobe need to step up unless he wants to end up Like last year with 22ppg in the sweep
frown.gif

Are you serious? You honestly think Kobe isn't capable of scoring 50 if he wanted to? 
The point is to get the whole team involved, he cant win it all on his own in the playoffs. Gotta involve the bigs, especially Bynum. This isnt 2006, he actually has teammates...they just arent performing very well right now. 
ohwell.gif

Not with that shooting percentage. He's not the same shooter since the finger injury. His index finger is/was that of a 90 year old.

It's going to be a checkerboard alternating between blue and white shirts by section. I think they should have alternated seat by seat or even spelled out GO OKC or something, but it should still look cool on tv

537516_586857906294_140301390_31148781_1246694510_n.jpg

7 Stages of Grief...

1. SHOCK & DENIAL

2. PAIN & GUILT

3. ANGER & BARGAINING

5. THE UPWARD TURN

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

Listen, I've ignored your posts for the longest time but this is ridiculous. What's your motive here? To provoke us? To aggravate every Laker fan on here? Congratulations, you're a certified Troll. But if you want to talk actual basketball, anything Lakers/Thunder related. Let's talk. We're here for you. Once Mike Brown was hired as our coach, I knew we weren't going to do anything in the postseason. Hell, he exceeded my expectations getting passed the first round (barely). I predicted a first round exit. As for the Thunder, well they were favored to take the West and they've showed that all playoffs long. 

I just hope it's a close game...

It's hard to enjoy a game when it's over by halftime
30t6p3b.gif

7 Stages of Grief...

1. SHOCK & DENIAL

2. PAIN & GUILT

3. ANGER & BARGAINING

5. THE UPWARD TURN

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

You quote your own posts though

Lakers should at least trap the pick n roll and let IBaka or some other role player try to score 30 points. 

laugh.gif
I'll try to be more constructive.

I personally believe that the Lakers will actually be able to steal a game eventually.

One of their few advantages in this series is their big men, Pau, and Bynum. I expect to see the adjustment of more interior play tonight. Especially now that the Thunder have lost Kendrick Perkins.

But if the Thunder are able to force turnovers for fast breaks and play in the open court Lakers lose that advantage.

What are the Lakers going to do about Durant though? You guys have plans for Westbrook and Harden because of your pathetic guards, but who on the Lakers can guard KD?

trap the pick and roll. Hedge on it cleanly so Westbrook can't split. Force ibaka and Perkins to make jumpers and become play makers

On offense, high pick and roll with sessions

its hard to play defense when blake/sessions are your pgs. do lakers ever play big with kb/barnes/metta/pau/bynum lineup?

i think lakers need to take two in okc to win this series (tonight being one). have a feeling they split in la.

Must win tonight. Don't care what everyone else thinking that tonights game is not important until they go back to playing at home.

Back to back games will be the death of this team.

laugh.gif
I'll try to be more constructive.

I personally believe that the Lakers will actually be able to steal a game eventually.

One of their few advantages in this series is their big men, Pau, and Bynum. I expect to see the adjustment of more interior play tonight. Especially now that the Thunder have lost Kendrick Perkins.

But if the Thunder are able to force turnovers for fast breaks and play in the open court Lakers lose that advantage.

What are the Lakers going to do about Durant though? You guys have plans for Westbrook and Harden because of your pathetic guards, but who on the Lakers can guard KD?

Doesn't matter the team we play, we haven't been good enough these past two season where we can afford to double team anyone. So everyone is pretty much single coverage and now we're playing against possibly the best team in the NBA. 
While Kobe's like 40 years old and teams are still double teaming him because they can afford to leave some of our guys open. It's really what kills us in the end. 

Our only chances of winning against a team like OKC is for our bench and Pau/Bynum to play like they did in game 7 vs the Nuggets.

The Lakers have not peaked yet, but sometimes I sit there and watch and I think that some of these guys don't really care. Specifically Bynum. I don't think he cares if we get swept to be honest, but we'll see.

I always believed that the game plan was to slow the game down and get the ball into the bigs.

Defense needs to come up somewhere and it's clear as heck that they can't play isolation defense. Defense is a team concept and a requires team work to be successful. LA needs to zone and continue to allow OKC to hit jump shots. LA didn't do ANY DAMAGE on the offensive end which is why they collapsed.

It's pretty easy though, because OKC used their #1 strength, and that's speed. LA used nothing in game 1. I think KOBE needs to facilitate AGAIN in game 2, and get EVERYONE in RHYHTHM.

As much as I want the lakers to win the series.....its not happening. The ONLY way I see the lakers winning a game is if OKC has a bad shooting night. 
Kobe- Hes 33 years old but is playing like hes 38. His jumper is hit or miss a lot of the times. He is slow.....but kobe is a workaholic and that shadows his poor play at times. Also, do we get the kobe who will try to score every basket? Or do we get the facilitator kobe? That right there is a problem. 

Gasol- Don't know which Pau will show up.........
nerd.gif

Bynum- At times...he shows heart and plays like a true center. Other times, you question if he's mentally there. Does he even care?

World Peace- Are we going to get Artest or world peace? His determination is always there. However, some times he gets to caught up in the moment and that can't be always good. 

Sessions- He's solid out there. Game 1 I sensed a bit of nervousness from him. Hopefully that fades as the games roll on. 

The ONLY knock I see in OKC is the shooting. "Live by the shot, die by the shot" They shoot a lot.....if they are on.....its lights out for the other team, if they have a poor shooting night, the other team might have a shot. 

The lakers have too many ? marks on them. Too many emotional issues going on in that team. 

These are my observations and opinions.......lets hope for at least a closer game
roll.gif

Im off to watch the boston series.....check yall later.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It's going to be a checkerboard alternating between blue and white shirts by section. I think they should have alternated seat by seat or even spelled out GO OKC or something, but it should still look cool on tv

that's DOPE. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

that's DOPE. 
pimp.gif

Really? 
laugh.gif

This is honestly the lamest thing I have ever heard in regards to sports and fans...

You best believe that shirt is staying on the seat

Back
Top Bottom