[::LAKERS (1) vs. THUNDER (4) Series Thread | OKC Wins - Congrats To Thunder Fans::]

Oklahoma City players attempted 120 shots in the regular season during games in which the scoring margin was three points or fewer in the last three minutes of regulation and overtime. Durant and Westbrook took 103 of those shots, per NBA.com. Harden took five. He made one. James Harden, Sixth Man of the Year and likely All-Star next season, made one basket the entire season in the last three minutes of a close game.

He has already taken five such shots in six postseason games, compared to six attempts for Durant. This is a sea change happening instantly, a strategic switch so dramatic you almost wonder if Scott Brooks has been waiting all season to unleash Harden on unsuspecting defenses. He couldn’t have just now discovered that Harden is the team’s best playmaker, and that perhaps Harden should touch the ball now and then at the end of close games, right? This cannot be a sudden, spontaneous revelation, can it?

Link
As a critic of Brooks, I'd be surprised and impressed if this happened to be the case.. but either way it's interesting.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by 00david00

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

you're contradicting yourself. you think goudelock is not useful, yet you want bench production..
I didn't even mention Goudelock though.... and yeah their bench does play better at home (barnes, blake, hill)
you think he's more like smush.. i agree.. but he would be more of an offensive spark than blake, barnes and hill.. but hill is not considered an offensive weapon.. same goes for barnes.. hill is a rebounder and barnes is a defender... blake is not a good, solid offensive player.. and i've seen goudelock score in bunches. why does mike brown not even consider him?
I don't know why he benched him all year bruh, I actually liked Goudelock when he played.
Barnes and Hill aren't "offensive threats", but that doesn't mean they can't contribute offensively. 

I was referring to Yahoo saying Sessions = another Smush Parker

Originally Posted by DMan14

maybe sessions is really the guy that has bounced around and not able to stick with a team. there is a reason why he was never a starter in the league. at least he will be cheap for the lakers come offseason

I wasnt sure what to expect when they got him because I've never really seen dude play that much but he really hasnt added that much to the team. He's added some quickness and he can get to the rim but he cant hit open shots and he getting worked by a lot PG's. I mean he cant even stay in front of dudes.

laugh.gif
 @ dude saying they should trade Kobe because he's hurting Bynums development. Only thing that has hurt his development is his lazy attitude and injuries.

Kobe's 1-7 record when the lakers start a series down 2-0 speaks for itself. After going down 2-0 to Dallas last year, Lakers showed no heart and seemed to not 
care in the following games. So I suspect Lakers will come out with a lack of energy in games 3 and 4.  Similar to Game 6 in the finals when the Lakers lost by 39 to the Celtics; they just gave up before the game started.

Lets not forget that Lakers were up 2-0 against the Nuggets in the first round and that series went to 7, with the Nuggets coming pretty close. The series is not over. This is the playoffs boys, anything can happen. Lets not rule out the Lakers just yet.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Lets not forget that Lakers were up 2-0 against the Nuggets in the first round and that series went to 7, with the Nuggets coming pretty close. The series is not over. This is the playoffs boys, anything can happen. Lets not rule out the Lakers just yet.
Hmmm...sounds about right

Lakers blows out the Nuggets Game 1......Thunder blows out the Lakers Game 1
Lakers barley gets by the Nuggets Game 2....Thunder barley gets by the Lakers Game 2

Lakers take Game 3...loses Game 4...takes Game 5 & 6....

Coin Flip Game 7...
glasses.gif

Having to win 4-5 games against the best team in the West is going be very difficult. We have to protect homecourt if we can get to a game 7 I like our chances but that back-back isn't helping.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Hmmm...sounds about right

Lakers blows out the Nuggets Game 1......Thunder blows out the Lakers Game 1
Lakers barley gets by the Nuggets Game 2....Thunder barley gets by the Lakers Game 2

Lakers take Game 3...loses Game 4...takes Game 5 & 6....

Coin Flip Game 7...
glasses.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Please pass me what you're smoking.

hopefully we just get one game and avoid a sweep, I don't expect us to win more than one

I just can't believe how they leave Sessions and he's so scared to shoot, or how they get away with putting Fisher on Sessions.

Earth to Ramon: WHEN YOU SEE FISHER GUARDING YOU, TELL THE GUYS TO GET OUT THE WAY AND BLOW BY HIS OLD $#%.
How do you not make them pay for putting Fisher on Sessions?

4 points in 2 games? are you freakin kidding me?

If this team can't close out a game, up 7 with about 2 minutes left in a game to tie up the series, then what makes you think they can win 2 in a row at home, unmotivated??

That's the questions I ask....

And I'm not throwing in the white towel, it's just a legitimate thought/question..

Originally Posted by LosLakers24

Let's start Blake, bring sesh of the bench.

It's the best option, but i just don't think its the right idea at this point in the postseason rotation wise

They're 1-5 against OKC since the Perk trade

The 1 win came without Harden.

4 losses came by 9 points or more.

I don't see a comeback, but stranger things have happened.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by LosLakers24

Let's start Blake, bring sesh of the bench.

It's the best option, but i just don't think its the right idea at this point in the postseason rotation wise

i think Sessions will play better next game, he has to. I hope Kobe watchs this game film and see where he was @$*#!%! up

Start Blake, bench Fish!
(uses Fish as the starter, gives Blake the bulk of the minutes)

Doesn't work.

These bammas gotta go! Use Morris!
(Morris has opportunities, shows that he sucks; Fish gets traded)

Doesn't work.

Start Blake! Sessions sucks!

laugh.gif

We have been INCREDIBLY weak at the 1-spot for a few seasons now, and it's just getting worse. There is NOTHING Brown can do about that. In a league of Rondo, CP3, Russy, TP, Rose, Nash, Kidd, and Deron at the 1, we're putting guys like Fish, Blake, and Sessions out there.
sick.gif

And you want to blame the COACH? Like what's he supposed to do? Give Nash's distribution to Steve Blake, on some abbra-cadabbra stuff?
laugh.gif

Say what you want about his rotations, but there's no WAY you guys are honestly telling yourselves that the difference between who we are and who the Thunder is... is freaking Goudelock.
laugh.gif
Like if Morris, McBob, & Murphy had more minutes, we'd be WORLD BEATERS.

Yeahno.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Start Blake, bench Fish!
(uses Fish as the starter, gives Blake the bulk of the minutes)

Doesn't work.

These bammas gotta go! Use Morris!
(Morris has opportunities, shows that he sucks; Fish gets traded)

Doesn't work.

Start Blake! Sessions sucks!

laugh.gif

We have been INCREDIBLY weak at the 1-spot for a few seasons now, and it's just getting worse. There is NOTHING Brown can do about that. In a league of Rondo, CP3, Russy, TP, Rose, Nash, Kidd, and Deron at the 1, we're putting guys like Fish, Blake, and Sessions out there.
sick.gif

And you want to blame the COACH? Like what's he supposed to do? Give Nash's distribution to Steve Blake, on some abbra-cadabbra stuff?
laugh.gif

Say what you want about his rotations, but there's no WAY you guys are honestly telling yourselves that the difference between who we are and who the Thunder is... is freaking Goudelock.
laugh.gif
Like if Morris, McBob, & Murphy had more minutes, we'd be WORLD BEATERS.

Yeahno.
laugh.gif
check this article http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2012/05/15/whats-happened-to-ramon-sessions/
its a good read.

Throughout his career and in his first 15 games (or so) with the Lakers, Sessions was asked to run a team where he’d be a key factor in every offensive possession. He was given the freedom to push the ball up the floor to seek his own shot, then pull back and run multiple P&R’s in order to try and create off the dribble if there wasn’t a clear alley to the rim. He had the green light to be as aggressive as he saw fit with very few consequences for a quick or poor shot.

When he first came to the Lakers, this approach was a breath of fresh air. His blazing speed and ability to turn the corner in isolation or P&R sets gave the Lakers an added dimension they’d lacked with Fisher or Blake running the offense. Simply put, Sessions was a creator while the Lakers’ other PG’s were initiators.

As the season advanced, though, Sessions was asked to pull back. His teammates started to make comments about playing at a slower tempo to accommodate the pace Gasol and Bynum are most comfortable playing at. He was shifted to the starting lineup and then had more mouths to feed, integrating his on-ball style with Kobe while still running a post-centric offense. More and more he was running half-court sets that didn’t involve P&R’s for himself, but rather sets that asked him to either initiate an action via a pass to Gasol that flowed into him being a screener and a stop up shooter or for him to keep his dribble high while Kobe ran off picks to get free for a catch and shoot jumper or an isolation.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

quik1987 wrote:

mrdieselfuel09 wrote:

quik1987 wrote:

Stop talking about I wish we still had Fish, if Lakers still had him it would have been a 30pt blowout
He would have probably hit that shot that Blake missed.
eyes.gif

This is the type stuff I'm talking about.

If y'all had Fish, game wouldn't have even been that close for the shot to matter.
And how do you know this??

Both the Lakers PG were non-existent last night.

On the offensive end. Blake and Sessions at least have the legs to keep up better on D.

If y'all had Fish, he would be getting baked all game.

Back
Top Bottom