[::LAKERS (1) vs. THUNDER (4) Series Thread | OKC Wins - Congrats To Thunder Fans::]

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Lets not forget that Lakers were up 2-0 against the Nuggets in the first round and that series went to 7, with the Nuggets coming pretty close. The series is not over. This is the playoffs boys, anything can happen. Lets not rule out the Lakers just yet.
They're 1-5 against OKC since the Perk trade

The 1 win came without Harden.

4 losses came by 9 points or more.

I don't see a comeback, but stranger things have happened.
eqwks8.jpg

If I was coach brown, the main thing now is to use motivation and keep the competitive spirit up. The mindset should now be:

They defended their home court.

We defend ours.

It's as simple as that. If they dwell on this loss, the series will end quick. But I trust these guys cuz they've been playing ball a long time.

I still believe the pass from Meta to Blake was good. The story would've changed if Blake just hit it. Still, LA gave the game away. It's plain and simple. Brown should've called a time out when he saw his team crumble. He didn't, he did what he did in Cleveland, put it all on Kobe despite it being obvious they were focusing on him 24/7.

on the bright side, with getting knocked out in the 2nd round 2 years in a row, the lakers FO might actually be convinced to go into "ring chasing" mode now

.....instead of being delusional and believing that they are STILL a championship team, against the current competition. Nobody but Kobe believes that

There's no glaring chance this year, but Kobe has at least 2 years left in him before he gets to MJ Wizards status and can still get his 6th, and then retire

smh, a lot of ppl thinking this series is over. yea game 2 ended rough but the majority of it showed the lakers game plan working successfully to a road playoff win in okc. given the lakers collapse in last 2min, any nba team could have came back (as long as you can convert wide open fast break dunks). okc does not get a confidence boost from this win, in fact, the lakers do. okc capitalized off of rare lakers mistakes down the stretch to win the game. okc cant rely on that to win the next 2 games.
the lakers should feel sick from the lost but at the same time they should feel confident in their defensive game plan for the series and extremely motivated to execute it for a solid win in our next home games. if the lakers keep the next 2 games in the 70s/80s point range, then the series will be knotted  by saturday night. okc's  half court offense was not good and  they only got back into the game and won when they was able to break out for easy uncontested dunks in the last minutes. i think this win by okc yields feelings of great fortune rather than confidence. the series is not over yet. all these fickle lakers fan on here need to wake up!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Oklahoma City players attempted 120 shots in the regular season during games in which the scoring margin was three points or fewer in the last three minutes of regulation and overtime. Durant and Westbrook took 103 of those shots, per NBA.com. Harden took five. He made one. James Harden, Sixth Man of the Year and likely All-Star next season, made one basket the entire season in the last three minutes of a close game.

He has already taken five such shots in six postseason games, compared to six attempts for Durant. This is a sea change happening instantly, a strategic switch so dramatic you almost wonder if Scott Brooks has been waiting all season to unleash Harden on unsuspecting defenses. He couldn’t have just now discovered that Harden is the team’s best playmaker, and that perhaps Harden should touch the ball now and then at the end of close games, right? This cannot be a sudden, spontaneous revelation, can it?

Link
As a critic of Brooks, I'd be surprised and impressd if this happened to be the case.. but either way it's interesting.

As another critic of Brooks, I wouldn't be surprised at all. His offensive strategy is so horrendous that it has to be genius, and working so well.

time for kobe to retire. dude been shooting like crap. he cost the lakers the game with those 2 turnovers and dumb shots.

for thos saying that it isnt over dont fool yourself. okc is 9-0 when leading series 2-0... this laker team cannot win 4 straight. you have a better chance of getting a lapdance from ellen

Originally Posted by NobleKane

time for kobe to retire. dude been shooting like crap. he cost the lakers the game with those 2 turnovers and dumb shots.

for thos saying that it isnt over dont fool yourself. okc is 9-0 when leading series 2-0... this laker team cannot win 4 straight. you have a better chance of getting a lapdance from ellen
Man,

kobe.jpg

That has to include the Sonics history.

We just have to protect homecourt and get it to a game 7 with 3 days of rest. The back-back isn't helping 
ohwell.gif

grin.gif
 I just noticed the back-back on the schedule, that is terrible............. this season has been terrible.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Man,

kobe.jpg

I definitely wouldn't use the reasons noblekane used, but i don't wanna see my guy struggle out there. He should just play out his contract(i think it's 2 more years + player option for the 3rd), and just hang em up after that
frown.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Man,

kobe.jpg

I definitely wouldn't use the reasons noblekane used, but i don't wanna see my guy struggle out there. He should just play out his contract(i think it's 2 more years + player option for the 3rd), and just hang em up after that
frown.gif

Actually he's under contract for two more years after this season, there is no player option
But I doubt he'll be done after that, he has said in the past that he is not going to stick around and average 18 or 19 points per game so who knows

presequel:
check this article http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2012/05/15/whats-happened-to-ramon-sessions/
its a good read.

Throughout his career and in his first 15 games (or so) with the Lakers, Sessions was asked to run a team where he’d be a key factor in every offensive possession. He was given the freedom to push the ball up the floor to seek his own shot, then pull back and run multiple P&R’s in order to try and create off the dribble if there wasn’t a clear alley to the rim. He had the green light to be as aggressive as he saw fit with very few consequences for a quick or poor shot.

When he first came to the Lakers, this approach was a breath of fresh air. His blazing speed and ability to turn the corner in isolation or P&R sets gave the Lakers an added dimension they’d lacked with Fisher or Blake running the offense. Simply put, Sessions was a creator while the Lakers’ other PG’s were initiators.

As the season advanced, though, Sessions was asked to pull back. His teammates started to make comments about playing at a slower tempo to accommodate the pace Gasol and Bynum are most comfortable playing at. He was shifted to the starting lineup and then had more mouths to feed, integrating his on-ball style with Kobe while still running a post-centric offense. More and more he was running half-court sets that didn’t involve P&R’s for himself, but rather sets that asked him to either initiate an action via a pass to Gasol that flowed into him being a screener and a stop up shooter or for him to keep his dribble high while Kobe ran off picks to get free for a catch and shoot jumper or an isolation.

These 2 dudes are DUMMY soft, man, I swear.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just can't imagine Duncan ever telling Parker "Hey bruh, we're gonna need you to uh... slow it down a bit."
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Actually he's under contract for two more years after this season, there is no player option
But I doubt he'll be done after that, he has said in the past that he is not going to stick around and average 18 or 19 points per game so who knows
If I were him, I would do that. Pull a Jerry Rice & put the reg season & playoff scoring record out of reach.

yep i would do the same... he won 5 rings he know he would be considered as good as jordan for sure now so why not atleast grab alotta records

Originally Posted by quik1987

I'm sure Kobe will stay around as long as J. Kidd and try to to get all the records.

You know...I was going to respond to this with an attitude, but I realized you are a Knick fan. Now I just feel sorry for you.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

presequel:
check this article http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2012/05/15/whats-happened-to-ramon-sessions/
its a good read.

Throughout his career and in his first 15 games (or so) with the Lakers, Sessions was asked to run a team where he’d be a key factor in every offensive possession. He was given the freedom to push the ball up the floor to seek his own shot, then pull back and run multiple P&R’s in order to try and create off the dribble if there wasn’t a clear alley to the rim. He had the green light to be as aggressive as he saw fit with very few consequences for a quick or poor shot.

When he first came to the Lakers, this approach was a breath of fresh air. His blazing speed and ability to turn the corner in isolation or P&R sets gave the Lakers an added dimension they’d lacked with Fisher or Blake running the offense. Simply put, Sessions was a creator while the Lakers’ other PG’s were initiators.

As the season advanced, though, Sessions was asked to pull back. His teammates started to make comments about playing at a slower tempo to accommodate the pace Gasol and Bynum are most comfortable playing at. He was shifted to the starting lineup and then had more mouths to feed, integrating his on-ball style with Kobe while still running a post-centric offense. More and more he was running half-court sets that didn’t involve P&R’s for himself, but rather sets that asked him to either initiate an action via a pass to Gasol that flowed into him being a screener and a stop up shooter or for him to keep his dribble high while Kobe ran off picks to get free for a catch and shoot jumper or an isolation.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just can't imagine Duncan ever telling Parker "Hey bruh, we're gonna need you to uh... slow it down a bit."
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
even bosh doesnt say anything like that when wade and lebron are running down the court...winning is winning no matter how you get there ( in a good way )

presequel:
its a good read.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Have you ever seen big men in person, or seen them play?  There is a reason why big guys can't run as fast, nor handle the ball.  It's a physically difficult for them to do so.

Sessions SHOULD BE THE ONE adjusting.  He is the guy w/ the blank slate, he needs to learn the offense and buy into it.  There's no doubt about it.  He came to play w/ his style, and is now being COACHED to change it for the game plan.  What's so dumb about it?

LA was always a 1/2 court team, especially when SHAQ came in.  From then on, the triangle was about 1/2 court sets, and that's how it still is.  What's so shocking about this?

LA's strength are the 2 big guys.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Have you ever seen big men in person, or seen them play?  There is a reason why big guys can't run as fast, nor handle the ball.  It's a physically difficult for them to do so.

Sessions SHOULD BE THE ONE adjusting.  He is the guy w/ the blank slate, he needs to learn the offense and buy into it.  There's no doubt about it.  He came to play w/ his style, and is now being COACHED to change it for the game plan.  What's so dumb about it?

LA was always a 1/2 court team, especially when SHAQ came in.  From then on, the triangle was about 1/2 court sets, and that's how it still is.  What's so shocking about this?

LA's strength are the 2 big guys.

Yea that's a decision the FO has to make this year. With the type of PG Ramon is, pau and drew shouldn't be on the floor together

Back
Top Bottom