[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Reminds me of the 04/05 season all over again. Right when I first got to NT. Damn 10 years ago....

For the love of God, please don't leave here again!!!!

:lol: Glad you home safe and sound brother.

We totally suck right now, but lookin forward to one helluva draft pick. :smokin

Back from another deployment! This one was about 9 months. March 2013 to December 2013. I was able to follow you guys for a while then they took NT off the ships allowable website list. :smh:

I see some of the same faces still here but some are missing. Where is frenchblue? Eracesim?

CP I see you and Ska are still here! :smokin

What up man haven't seen you post here in a long time.

Welcome back homie.

Unrest in Minnesota....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Tupac, welcome back.

Which season was it where you shot the half court shot at the laker game?

Maybe you can turn around the misfortunes.

Unrest in Minnesota.... :nerd:

Aware us.

From Minny Newspaper/ T'Wolves blog
http://blogs.twincities.com/timberwolves/
After yet another tough loss, this time to Gerald Green (above) and the Phoenix Suns, Love said two teammates on the bench need to be huddled around the team during timeouts, according to fellow media members. (Tight newspaper deadlines precluded me from being in the locker room.)

The players in question were identified by the media as J.J. Barea and Dante Cunningham.

“We can’t have two guys sitting at the end of the bench that play good minutes just sitting there and not getting up during timeouts,” the Associated Press’ John Krawczynski quoted Love as saying.

Love continued.

“That kind of pisses me off. We’re supposed to be a team. … We expect more from them and I think they expect more from themselves. … I’m not trying to single anybody out, and I’m not trying to make it bigger than it is. That was a team we needed to beat tonight,” quoted Nate Sandell of ESPN 1500.

It was the second time in less than two weeks that Love has called for more from the bench.

Last edited:
i think we have a shot at getting to the 5th worst record by the end of the season

which would also give us a good shot at a top 3 pick

Last edited:
i think we have a shot at getting to the 5th worst record by the end of the season

which would also give us a good shot at a top 3 pick

The 5th worse team had a .329 win % last year. This year it is .343, it's 28.126 wins if you stretch it over 82 games.

Yeah we're bad, but remember it's not like this is the roster we have for the rest of the season. Dobby, Farmar, X, Nash all come back beginning of February. Kobe middle of February.

We're more likely to be right around where we are 8-12th worst. It's close to what 5 is, but man I find it tough that we only win 14 out of the next 46 when we'll have 2-1/2 with all of our PGs, and 2 months with our best player.

We are no playoff team, that ship sailed when Kobe got re-injured, and then Farmar got injured. 14-32 is what we'll have to go the rest of the season.

I think there will be a time within the next month where we are top 5 worst records, but we will probably start climbing when there are more people actually on our depth chart.

Last edited:
yeah i think we will end up somewhere around 8-10 by the end of the season, i just mean we have a shot at 5th worst right now we are 9th cavs knicks nets are probably going to start winning soon and pass us and i see the kings catching up to us (not that hard) so it will come down to a battle between us, the celtics and the kings for draft seeding 

yeah i think we will end up somewhere around 8-10 by the end of the season, i just mean we have a shot at 5th worst right now we are 9th cavs knicks nets are probably going to start winning soon and pass us and i see the kings catching up to us (not that hard) so it will come down to a battle between us, the celtics and the kings for draft seeding 

It'll look so promising in the next 3 weeks. We'll get passed by 4 or 5 teams.

Then people will start coming back. Nash, Blake, Farmar, X. That'll make us better. Then Kobe will come back, a couple of weeks of rocky play. Then last month and a half we'll probably go close to .500

yeah, guess we will just have to see how things play out. by the time kobe gets back we will have no chance of making the playoffs so i wonder what the front office will think of us trying to win games for nothing, of course our entire contract year team will play hard till the end but i dont think that will be good enough to go .500 after kobe adjusts after coming back 

yeah, guess we will just have to see how things play out. by the time kobe gets back we will have no chance of making the playoffs so i wonder what the front office will think of us trying to win games for nothing, of course our entire contract year team will play hard till the end but i dont think that will be good enough to go .500 after kobe adjusts after coming back 

They won't sit him out, and he won't go anything less than all out to win games.

Right now we are getting blown out every game because we play no defense, I dont see kobe or nash fixing that. Well I guess kobe will hold guys accountable for poor defense and more players means less minutes for everyone so they have more energy for d but I dont see it changing too much

Right now we are getting blown out every game because we play no defense, I dont see kobe or nash fixing that. Well I guess kobe will hold guys accountable for poor defense and more players means less minutes for everyone so they have more energy for d but I dont see it changing too much

It's partly the defense..

But also we are playing guys who should be 20 minutes tops, playing 20 minutes half-way through the 3rd.

We play a great 1st half, and then we are gassed going into the 3rd. We make unforced turnovers, that lead to easy transition buckets and we go down 10+.

When the 4th comes, we actually settle down, and the other team starts to get to the same level of energy and we can then play at the same level, and typically have a good 4th quarter.

More guys we have, better we can handle minutes, and keep the energy up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom