[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
i just did the lottery play 20x and ford has us getting Dario Saric 
sick.gif

I hope kobe comes back just for ASG and the all star yambs, plays, then goes back to wearing his black suits on the bench.

*nick young voice* I'm looking for the yams, i just want the yams'

D'Antoni was asked if there's light at the end of the tunnel. His response: "There is a light, it could be a train coming…"
@DerrinHorton to D'Antoni: "There's a moment where this team has defensive lapses…" D'Antoni interjects: "That would be the jump ball."
D'Antoni's joking remarks continued: "The national anthem is really jinxing us. Everytime they play it we don't play well"

@SerenaWinters 2m

I tell ya, Mike D was on one today. @MarkG_Medina asked him what Farmar was able to do. Jokingly says: "Farmar? He's worthless" **laughs

Sarcasm on a hundred thousand trillion

I love this guy.

Last edited:
"Figured it out. The National Anthem is really jinxing us. Every time they play it, we don't play well" - Mike D'Antoni

:lol:

D'Antoni was asked if there's light at the end of the tunnel. His response: "There is a light, it could be a train coming…"
@DerrinHorton to D'Antoni: "There's a moment where this team has defensive lapses…" D'Antoni interjects: "That would be the jump ball."
D'Antoni's joking remarks continued: "The national anthem is really jinxing us. Everytime they play it we don't play well"
@SerenaWinters 2m

I tell ya, Mike D was on one today. @MarkG_Medina asked him what Farmar was able to do. Jokingly says: "Farmar? He's worthless" **laughs
Sarcasm on a hundred thousand trillion

I love this guy.
Clown.

But whatever.

Hail his praises.

While some of us continue to point out his lack of significant success and you guys excuse his resume, talking about "Rosters. Injuries. Could have been."

He's a highlight reel coach. Average a thousand ppg, make a household name out of a guy like Jeremy Lin, get your offensive schemes copied by the league, say some witty comments... but accomplish nothing.

The Dominique Wilkins/Vince Carter of coaches. Super exciting, nothing more.

"Har har haaarrr!!! He said we suck right from the jump ball!! WHAT A GREAT COACH!!!!"

Why ska, WHY???

I love D'Antoni's quips to the reporters, especially during this stretch where it's obvious the team isn't good. He's just being witty... I don't see any harm in it. The NBA forces these guys to entertain these q's day after day, at least Mike can have some fun with it and tell it like it is, in his own way.

He's giving us some entertainment when the actual team can't

Last edited:
The Lakers currently sport the second worst point differential in the West (behind the Jazz) and fifth worst overall in the league (behind the Sixers, Bucks, Jazz and Cavs). :pimp:

Fine. But I want his fun levels monitored. Anything exceeding "gleeful" requires a write up and meeting with brass.

wonder what management thinks.

yea its good to have humor but dude is admitting the team is trash.

we all know the team is trash but you dont want your head coach coming out and making fun of the team

i love to hear what mitch has to say about his comments...

Fine. But I want his fun levels monitored. Anything exceeding "gleeful" requires a write up and meeting with brass.
wonder what management thinks.

yea its good to have humor but dude is admitting the team is trash.

we all know the team is trash but you dont want your head coach coming out and making fun of the team

i love to hear what mitch has to say about his comments...
Sure ya do!

It's witty!

Fun!

Entertaining!

IMAGINE the classic lines he's gonna give reporters in his first Finals game. 

I'll wait...

*dies*

I don't think Mitch takes these types of quotes as MDA giving less than 100% as a coach, or anything of the sort. He was just saying how great Mike's been doing given the injuries, which implies he knows the chips are stacked against Mike and the team anyway.

Mitch knows what he's doing. It took him long enough to sign another PG. He was contemplating a Pau trade that would've made the team even worse. He knows what kind of hand he's dealing D'Antoni.

Semi-related note: one of the (rumored) reasons why the Knicks hired D'Antoni was to accelerate their rebuilding process. ie they knew his system would inflate the stats of the players they had, making them easier to trade. I see you, Mitch :nerd:

Last edited:
I can't tell if mike is buddy-buddy with his players or if he has lost the team. I know pau doesn't find it funny :smile:lol), will be interesting to see how the rest respond

Back
Top Bottom