[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
CHECK OUT SEAMANUPS POST IN THE NBA THREAD, ONE OF THE REALEST EVER
LeBron has the best FG% of his career, and is tying his best 3pt% of his career.

"Can't really say that about 2013-2014 lebron"

Ever thought maybe you're the one that changed, and basketball doesn't excite you like it did when you were a kid? Honest question.
thats all great for heat fans and the team but its lebron getting 25-35 points on 50% shooting every night, then you get a few fastbreak allyoops. theres no what if he had one of the best games of his career factor because i know he wont he's just going to go out get his points/rebounds/assists and most of the time win without much effort. again its great for the heat, great for not burning out during the season but for a spectator its really boring.

same as kd, hes going to be the best player in the league in <5 years but from a fan spectator standpoint hes not that memorable to watch. there are special nights in the nba where everyone remembers where they are when ___ did ______, things like kobe's 81 point game, lebron's 50 pt triple double vs the knicks, curry going for 54 points vs the knicks, westbrooks game winner vs the warriors. im sure older fans will still have a good memory of MJ's double nickle or birds 60 point game. i spent a while thinking last night and i cant think of a single moment like that for durant, like not a single game that stands out to me and im sure he will have games like that in his career but watching him i never feel like hes going to come out and try to kill the other team, just last night he had 14 points in the first and ended with 30, thats pretty much what i expect when it comes to durant.

again if you're a heat or thunder fan its great, these guys are some of the greatest players in the history of the nba but as a spectator watching heat games and thunder games without westbrook is just boring for me.

Why am i the 1% er?

Do you guys not like salami?
turkey with a late push to take the lead 
eek.gif

salami is good but i only get it when its with a bunch of other meats

Funny, a month ago he was DEFENDING his squad when Kobe said that 10-9 was nothing to be proud of. MDA quickly told Kobe to shut up and he was happy with his young guys battling.

Now a month later, he tells jokes to keep folks at ease, and he's "lost his team" or "doesn't care" and "makes fun of his players"?

I guess you all are right tho, his team sucks this year. *half the roster is injured*

Any coach could get their team to play better *with half the roster*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It don't really matter at this point, keep him, fire him, don't bother me none. No coach is going to make this team good at this point in time. The bottom line is to keep them working, improving, and getting better individually. When the talent level is increased, then the expectations on the head coach can rise. Blaming him at this point is not smart, at all.
My man, you have to think bigger picture.

The losses are because of the injuries; the lack of significant success is because of him.

A parallel example to explain my point:

I'm cooking in a kitchen w/ a faulty stove and heating lamps... and (separate issue)... you notice a rat crawl across the floor.

I serve you your food.

It's burned (faulty stove), and cold (from sitting under the faulty heat lamps)

I get those things fixed. BRAND NEW stove, top of the line; HEAT SENSING LAMPS that adjust to the plate underneath them.

You eating at my place again after you learn of these new purchases?

OOOORRRR... is that separate issue going to prevent me from maximizing my business success?

Are we losing because of our injured roster? Yes. Once that's fixed, once we get that new stove and heating lamp, do I have confidence that all systems are a go for us to get a championship (which would be like me growing my hypothetical restaurant) just the way things are?

No.

That rat is going to keep you from coming back.

That rat... will continue to be the issue, wherever it goes.

Are other people copying his offensive schemes? Yes. If I bought a fancy stove and heating lamp that produced optimum results, would other people copy THAT ASPECT of what I did? Yes.

But would they copy EVERYTHING I did? Bring rats in their business? 

No.

Issues need to be separated.

Just because people are copying his offensive schemes doesn't mean ALLLLL of him is to be praised and copied and hailed to the highest degree.

He's a great offensive coach; GREAT.

The end.

Last edited:

I don't find Ska cranky, hes moreso extremely sarcastic.
This.
RealFolksBlue AKA "UCLA Guy" is definitely the most crankiest poster
laugh.gif

But I respect his realness
pimp.gif
Nah, not even lol. I feel like Ska and CP get way more worked up about this than I ever could. I'm just straight to the point about what I think.
Never been cranky a day in my life.
And this.

I've mentioned this before, but I'm always on this side of the monitor, chilling.

I'll let other people go through all that e-rage and internet anger thing.

I'm just extremely sarcastic, and longwinded.

And emotionless.

And stubborn.

*shrugs*

laugh.gif

im confused..

faulty stove/heating lamps = injured players
the cook = mda

who is the rat? coby karl?
laugh.gif

The entire kitchen is controlled by the cook, MDA.

faulty equipment = broken players (this is a literal translation)

the rat = MDA's style as a person

That rat will frustrate attempts at GRAND success wherever it goes. Flashes in the pan... that Suns team, Jeremy Lin... will happen. But EPIC successes?

Nah.

Funny, a month ago he was DEFENDING his squad when Kobe said that 10-9 was nothing to be proud of. MDA quickly told Kobe to shut up and he was happy with his young guys battling.

Now a month later, he tells jokes to keep folks at ease, and he's "lost his team" or "doesn't care" and "makes fun of his players"?

I guess you all are right tho, his team sucks this year. *half the roster is injured*

Any coach could get their team to play better *with half the roster*

:lol: :lol:

It don't really matter at this point, keep him, fire him, don't bother me none. No coach is going to make this team good at this point in time. The bottom line is to keep them working, improving, and getting better individually. When the talent level is increased, then the expectations on the head coach can rise. Blaming him at this point is not smart, at all.
My man, you have to think bigger picture.

The losses are because of the injuries; the lack of significant success is because of him.

A parallel example to explain my point:

I'm cooking in a kitchen w/ a faulty stove and heating lamps... and (separate issue)... you notice a rat crawl across the floor.

I serve you your food.

It's burned (faulty stove), and cold (from sitting under the faulty heat lamps)

I get those things fixed. BRAND NEW stove, top of the line; HEAT SENSING LAMPS that adjust to the plate underneath them.

OOOORRRR... is that separate issue going to prevent me from maximizing my business success?

Are we losing because of our injured roster? Yes. Once that's fixed, once we get that new stove and heating lamp, do I have confidence that all systems are a go for us to get a championship (which would be like me growing my hypothetical restaurant) just the way things are?

No.

That rat is going to keep you from coming back.

That rat... will continue to be the issue, wherever it goes.

Are other people copying his offensive schemes? Yes. If I bought a fancy stove and heating lamp that produced optimum results, would other people copy THAT ASPECT of what I did? Yes.

But would they copy EVERYTHING I did? Bring rats in their business? 

No.

Issues need to be separated.

Just because people are copying his offensive schemes doesn't mean ALLLLL of him is to be praised and copied and hailed to the highest degree.

He's a great offensive coach; GREAT.

The end.

Dat Real Talk. :pimp:

May I borrow your kitchen for a minute?

I want some food.

You're makin said food.

But you need to have a stove, a range, a microwave, a crock pot, a mixer, a steamer, and a grill.

You don't have a mixer, or a steamer, but you make a damn good meal with what you do have.

Again, what I asked for, I didn't get. Because you don't have a mixer or a steamer.

I still ate. I ate good food. But I did not get what I wanted, cuz you didn't have the right tools in the kitchen.

You are judging Mike on the basis that he has not won.

And he hasn't.

NOR, has he ever had all the right equipment in the kitchen.

When you say IF he got all his players back, he still wouldn't win, you forget that we don't actually know that, he hasn't had that.

You do remember that his Suns team lost PRIME Amare for the whole season, and they still went and won 60+ games, right? And I'm not much of an Amare guy (read, like at all) but losing a 24 year old explosive PF in a Western Conference that features Duncan, Dirk, Pau, KG, Randolph, I mean........?

Again, add those pieces together. Mike took a Suns team, in 2006, that GAVE away draft picks (we've spoke on that), let Joe Johnson go for 8 cents on the dollar, then lose Amare, in his prime, for the whole year, and play in a conference that was LOADED at that position, and yet, he put up 60+ wins and made the conference finals?

Your belief is this, had we waved our magic wands, gave him Amare, gave him Rondo, gave him Deng, gave him Nate, gave him Rudy, gave him Gortat, ALL THOSE PIECES HE COULD-SHOULD have had, he wouldn't have Iono, won a couple more games maybe when the going got real tough? That's not possible? Not at all? Mike's kitchen was full, at that moment in time?

We don't need to go thru all the picks and stuff again, we know the drill, but the last two paragraphs tie directly to your kitchen analogy when you said this......

Cuz see, nobody fixed his stove, or his heating lamp. They traded them away, and then microfractured his knee.

If those things don't happen, maybe the rat has a ring on his finger.

And by the way, that's just 2006.

In 2007, he did get Amare back. And they once again went to the conference finals. And they were winning. And then, Stern suspended Amare and Diaw for stepping on a line with their toes. For that, Stern took away their two best bigs, against the damn Spurs for heavens sakes. Without even worrying about sold draft picks, having Amare back almost got them to the finals that year, in which they would have MOPPED UP a title on the Mike Brown Cavs.

Amare and Diaw didn't even engage Horry man. They stepped 2 feet past a damn line. And were removed from a crucial game for it. Over something A SPUR did, not even their own team was at fault.

I really can not understand how you know those 2 seasons, all the ingredients I have told you, multiple times, and yet you refuse to believe that had those things (beyond Mike's control) not taken place, the team (led by Mike) would have had REAL chances at not only 1 title, but possibly 2.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the suffering the Suns endured those two years, hell yes I loved them getting robbed. But if we puttin all the cards on the table, and we speakin honest, I'm sorry, all those picks + Amare and no suspensions would have amounted to more than 120+ wins and back to back Conference Finals. They could (and should) have had some jewelry. Mike can't control a cheap owner. (and check, he's still cheap, even years later). He can't control a guy having microfracture surgery. He can't control Stern being an ******* and not reading a situation. (the Spurs should have been the team punished for Horry's play, not the damn Suns, typical Stern play right there)

Last edited:
That rat will frustrate attempts at GRAND success wherever it goes. Flashes in the pan... that Suns team, Jeremy Lin... will happen. But EPIC successes?

I'm askin you to honestly read every word down to the end of my last post. (you'd most likely be the only one to do so :lol: ) And remember your EPIC success comment that Mike "can't achieve"

I'm askin you to honestly read every word down to the end of my last post. (you'd most likely be the only one to do so
laugh.gif
) And remember your EPIC success comment that Mike "can't achieve"
You don't want me to literally read EVERY word.

Not yet you don't. 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom