[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
with nick young out for 2 weeks, if we win more than 2 games in that time span dantoni should get coach of the year

Not only will he get coach of the year if he starts a winning streak with 6 guys, but he'll also be fired for pissing off team tank leader CP.

oh  man the undertaker pic had me 
roll.gif

I'll fire Mike myself if he keeps winning stupid games.

We should be on like a 25 game losing streak right now. :lol:

And of COURSE Nick is injured.

Honestly, though, if we had the best record in the league and that same drive still happened the way it did for Nick, he fights through it, finishes the game, no story.

Know what I mean?

Like, I'm thinking that everything that's happening is like... not 'planned' or fake... but like... "Hey, team, if anyone is injured w/ anything... ANYTHING... look, let's not take any chances. Just limp off the court, let med staff give you a looksie, and we're gonna let you heal up."

"What if it's just a minor sprain? People sprain things in sports all the time and still play."

"Good question. We'll need you to take the season off for a sprain."

laugh.gif

Anyone else feel like that's a possibility?

Honestly, though, if we had the best record in the league and that same drive still happened the way it did for Nick, he fights through it, finishes the game, no story.

Know what I mean?

Like, I'm thinking that everything that's happening is like... not 'planned' or fake... but like... "Hey, team, if anyone is injured w/ anything... ANYTHING... look, let's not take any chances. Just limp off the court, let med staff give you a looksie, and we're gonna let you heal up."

"What if it's just a minor sprain? People sprain things in sports all the time and still play."

laugh.gif

DNP - Cut himself shaving 

im guessing nick young's knee is perfectly fine and they recycled kobe's xray when telling him that he has a fracture 

Know what I mean?

:lol:

Nope.

Not at all.

Not possible.

:wink:

Xavier Henry ‏@XavierHenry 29m
Prayin for my big dawg Nick Young that he recovers asap but 100% healthy.. There's always a plan #LakerNation

Yeah yeah, I know he's talking about God's plan... OR IS HE :nerd:

One wonders if Vujacic would've gotten a call from Mitch if he was still available

yeezusdisciple yeezusdisciple go to his Twitter. He's been retweeting a bunch over the last hour :lol:

thanks guys

i remember watching the postgame the other day and nick young said that the team is cursed and the injury bug is going around and hes glad it hasnt gotten him yet

:smh:

little did he know :frown:

Nick young is a garbage *** chucker. This will definately hurt the lakers as far as tanking goes.

Is mike james available? Theres a chucker who can lose us a few games

Here's the plan you roll with:

Trade Gasol, take back our 2015.... Don't even ask for a 2014 pick from Phoenix.

Trade Blake to a team that needs a PG for a run.

Kaman & Hill. Wes. All gone.

You go after Lebron.. Roll out the red carpet bigger than ever. Kobe, Phil, Magic, Mitch, Rambis, Big Game, Scott, hell make a damn parade for him. Coordinate with Kobe & Lebron and settle on a coach. If Lebron is fine with MDA, you stay with him. If not let him go. (Only circumstance I'd get rid of him). Lebron or bust. If Lebron accepts his option, re-signs or goes elsewhere..

You do not sign anyone to longer than a 1 year deal unless it was a bench player $3mil or less (Farmar, Meeks, Young, Xavier would be the only guys possible for that in my opinion). No Deng, no Lowry, no Stephenson, no Bosh, no Melo... NOTHING!

You punt 2014-2015, you just say screw it, and just sign a bunch of guys to 1 year deals.

And you wait.

You make no trades of picks.

2015 you go after Kevin Love & Hibbert (if he declines his option). Not saying we succeed.

2016 Kobe's gone, you go after KD, or Bron (if he hasn't signed an extension). Not saying we succeed.

Anything else is asking for a world of hurt.

Last edited:
Here's the plan you roll with:

Trade Gasol, take back our 2015.... Don't even ask for a 2014 pick from Phoenix.

Trade Blake to a team that needs a PG for a run.

Kaman & Hill. Wes. All gone.

You go after Lebron.. Roll out the red carpet bigger than ever. Kobe, Phil, Magic, Mitch, Rambis, Big Game, Shaw, hell make a damn parade for him. Coordinate with Kobe & Lebron and settle on a coach. If Lebron is fine with MDA, you stay with him. If not let him go. (Only circumstance I'd get rid of him). Lebron or bust. If Lebron accepts his option, re-signs or goes elsewhere..

You do not sign anyone to longer than a 1 year deal unless it was a bench player $3mil or less (Farmar, Meeks, Young, Xavier would be the only guys possible for that in my opinion). No Deng, no Lowry, no Stephenson, no Bosh, no Melo... NOTHING!

You punt 2014-2015, you just say screw it, and just sign a bunch of guys to 1 year deals.

And you wait.

You make no trades of picks.

2015 you go after Kevin Love & Hibbert (if he declines his option).

2016 you go after KD, or Bron (if he hasn't signed an extension).

Anything else is asking for a world of hurt.

What's the likelihood LeBron wants to land somewhere without any pieces beyond Kobe and whatever first rounder we draft?

I have a hard time seeing the Suns giving away a lotto pick in 2015 to rent Pau (maybe he re-signs, but even then t sounds like a far-fetched idea).

Last edited:
Really the only thing that matters, is if we can't get Lebron.. Signing anyone long term is a disaster.

What's the likelihood LeBron wants to land somewhere without any pieces beyond Kobe and whatever first rounder we draft?

Doesn't mean you don't pursue him.

And if he stays in MIami, or goes elsewhere.. You basically don't bother with 2014-15 season. There won't be a point.

As sea manup sea manup said you never know where we pick. Say the lottery works in our favor and we have 1-3, that's a huge draw. Also if Bosh decides to leave that would be huge as well.

I have a hard time seeing the Suns giving away a lotto pick in 2015 to rent Pau (maybe he re-signs, but even then t sounds like a far-fetched idea).

If not then go back to wanting a 2014 pick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom