[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
my body is ready for tonight...

316ryo4_20100601121043_0_01.gif

insta.gif

I'm not sure what my expectations are for this season (definitely not a championship), but there will be enough for us Laker fans to enjoy - whether it's some bits of magic from Kobe and Nash, seeing some young guys have their moments, or other small feats.

The big prize isn't in our cards this year, which is a change of pace. But think about that: how lucky are we that not having championship hopes is a change of pace? Since 2008 we've thought of ourselves as varying degrees of contenders, whether realistically or unrealistically. That's a long stretch.

I'm lucky enough to have experienced 5 titles. Those are the types of cherished memories that fans of other teams have never had. The Knicks are a great franchise, but they haven't won one in 40 years - meaning most fans on this board (big or small, or maybe with an avatar of a Knick player punching Kobe) have never had those memories. In that regard, I've already had a lifetime of great memories, so I can endure one bad season.

With that being said, watching Kobe has given me his mentality: it's never enough. I want to see some progress, one way or another. I don't want to be on the bottom for long. I've experienced the grand prize, the type of memories that some fans never get, 5 times; but I want to experience it at least 5 more.

Last edited:
A part of me wants the Lakers to win tonight because it's Opening Night. The other part wants the Lakers to lose because I want to look right. :lol:

A part of me wants the Lakers to win tonight because it's Opening Night. The other part wants the Lakers to lose because I want to look right. :lol:

3 games in 4 nights, Clips, Warriors, Spurs, no Kobe.....

0-3 by Friday night, in the lead.

#Wiggins

Back
Top Bottom