[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

In all seriousness, it's one of the downfalls of his commentating. He just is so quick to "predict"  something negative about Kobe's team, like all last year he somehow found a way to slip in that the Lakers weren't going to the playoffs every telecast.

So you honestly have no clue why he does it?

If these announcers really had freedom of speech on the show, you'd hear Kobe get roasted every show. These guys don't like Kobe and there's plenty of reasons why.

You mean the same way we used to hear lebron get roasted?

Wait, what? Thought they had no freedom?

Oh.

I watched the first quarter and a half but I had to call it quits since I'm on the east coast and had to be in early to work. Check my phone on the metro to see how badly we lost, and my espn app just has a preview of our game with the W's today with 1-0 next to our name. I was like, wait, 1-0? 1-0? Checks Clippers...0-1? We WON? :lol:

From the highlights Henry looks like a breath of fresh air. I can't believe Pau only finished with 15 after he started out looking like he was about to stunt on the Clips and drop 50 :lol: Hope Nash is ok.

Reactions: ct3
Re-watched the game. Noticed whenever the starters are in everything felt same offensively from last year.. but as soon as the bench did their thing, it felt like MDA's suns team from years back.. lots of 3's,fast paced and ball movement.. i have never seen us do quick outlet passes and actually out running a young team :lol:

Pau to Kaman lob was bonkers. How often do 7footers throw lobs to other 7footers. Great stuff. I dont care who your fav team is...that is a sight to see

Of all the kids Mitch has saved, it would be incredibly nice if he could manage to get Wes to be decent.

Not sure that's possible after what I saw, but just decent, would make him interesting.

Hill, Kaman, Henry, Wes all lottery picks tossed away. Farmar much improved, Meeks can snipe (and learned how to pass in the offseason?????) this bench is somethin else. I don't know if it was us last night, or the Clips not takin us seriously, or what, but we had a layup line out there + 3 point barrage, while we defended Blake G with freakin Wes. :lol:

But he is the type that fits MDA, stretch 4, long 3, can shoot (just not well apparently :lol: ) kind of a Channing Frye type, but with many more misses. :lol:

Night and day what MDA can do with slow plodding guys, and quick moving pieces. He's not Pat Riley or anything, but he can get an offense to move. Give his system time, he'll get points.

How to make a defense, well.......hope the assistant coaches can work some magic.

I'd like to salvage some of these young pieces going forward. X is clearly one, I think Farmar is 2, Maaaaaaaaaaybe Nick Young if someone doesn't kill him, Wes, I hate today, I might love tomorrow. Mitch needs to voodoo him or somethin.

Am I the only one who liked the look on doc rivers face when the lakers kept making good plays? :pimp:

I'm surprised he didn't ask to cover the scoreboard too

OH SO NOW YOU HAVE SOME FAITH IN THESE PLAYERS HUH?
NOW MITCH AND JIM BUSS HAVE GREAT TASTE IN YOUNG TALENT?
NOW WE'RE NOT PURPOSELY TANKING ANYMORE?
NOW WE'RE NOT DELUSIONAL?

Just kidding CP. :lol:
I ain't eem mad. We're on the same page here. Even I didn't expect us to blow out the Clippers starting line up last night :lol:

Just happy to see potential in some of these dudes like you said.

No overreaction, no championship parade... but at the same time, feels damn good to see us punk soft *** Griffin and make him look like a ghost in the 4th quarter.

Felt good to shock the world. :smokin

Feels good to have a BETTER team.
Yes team.

Without Dwight, we have a better offensive team. We have more chemistry. We have more flow. We no longer have to watch him get stripped 38 times a game. We no longer have to see hack-a-dwight and 18 missed free throws.

Ball movement, good shooting, athleticism... Even if we dont make the playoffs and completely bomb the rest of the season which is highly possible... we at least know we have a few solid pieces worth keeping and building around CP. :smokin

Last edited:
:rofl: @ over 20 new votes being made overnight...

Dude's putting their life savings into that OVER/UNDER 33.5 games in Vegas after watching 1 game... :rofl:

8 new votes for 70 wins :wow: :lol:

"The Lakers' 76 bench points were the most in club history since March 1985."

tumblr_mc4j6kP0bp1riqizno1_500.gif

Difference between night and day a season ago. Talk about a coming out party for our new additions. I feel like we shocked the other LA team.

Couldn't have asked for a better way to start the season. Very much anticipating Thursday night.

Living in the Bay Area, I am NOT going to hear to end of it if the Lakers lose tonight with all the drunk **** talking I was doing last night :smh: :lol:

I got your next poll.

Which phrase do you like better: "Tank derailed" or "Tank malfunction"? 
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Tank Initiated. (When Wes comes in the game).
You're doing it wrong.

But yeah, Wes was pretty rough last night. Him and Nick Young both.

Wes isn't near as annoying to me as Wes, though. Wes struggles; the end. But Nick Young does a nice crossover stepback, misses, the ball gets swung back around to him, he drives, loses it... then you look at him and he's cheesing... HARD. Got that "I haven't accomplished anything close to what you would think I have if you watched me" swagger.

Taking me back to 1996. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom