[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Not saying that these guys will all measure up to the 03 draft, but there are definite parallels...

Wiggins --> Bron (athletic freak that has tools to be all around dominant superstar)

Parker --> Melo (more polished right now, doesn't play defense)

Exum --> Wade (unknown guy that can just get it done, undersized 2)

Embiid --> Bosh (Long lanky defender that has the potential to be great stretch 4 as game continues to develop)

I just want one of them and not draft Darko (Randle).

Last edited:
The only thing is. P is adamant about how Parker has almost 0 chance to be a better defender (which I still find crazy at that young of an age), but how sure can we be Wiggins will be as good of a defender he is in college in the pros?

I mean. They play different systems. They're required to do different things for their teams right now.

I'm just sayin. Until they're given a fair shot to defend in the league how can we make any final assessments about EITHER of them defensively? Good or bad.

Where they land, and who is their coach will determine how much of a defensive impact they could make.

You really think if a coach like Thibs had an entire season with Parker he wouldn't be able to make him into at least a DECENT nba defender? Like no progress at all? He's reached his peak and won't ever improve?

Honestly just curious. Whose to say Wiggins won't be a complete liability in the league defensively against bigger and stronger opponents? Whose to say he won't be pushed around in the paint? We don't know.
Wiggins has the superior athletic gifts and puts in more effort (his defensive rotations are impeccable!)

Maybe it's because Parker is battling fours . But that's his issue at the next level to begin with, is he at his best as a three or four?
says the guy who lives in a pineapple under the sea :rolleyes
Good job, good effort.

lulz

dont say i didnt warn you guys.

oW4S5tX.gif

I'm sorry, does Nash just say that in Phoenix, they evolved that offense on the fly when they realized they could be really good pressuring other teams like they did?

MDA, adjustments based on personnel? Whaaaaaaaa????

Surely Nash lies. :lol:

Oh my ******* God.....................................

Nash is describing what Mike Brown did to them in training camp that started the ball with the older guys getting worn down. Four and a half hour practices in October with a bunch of old dudes, and a young guy comin in off back surgery. :stoneface:

************ :smh:

adwafsdgeryrtyjhdgjaeig at the four and half hour practices.

Edit:

Nash letting the uzi off on Dwight. :lol:

Last edited:
**** Honesty.
**** Nash.

Bum *** dude hasn't done **** but sit on the sidelines since he arrived.

Now he wants to rub it in our faces that he's taking the money even though he's physically done.

Good for you dude. Enjoy you're money. I'd do the same thing if I was you.
But I wouldn't say it when fans are already this frustrated with the franchise.

And I'm not you.
So **** You.

What does he say about Dwight? Can't watch video at the moment.

Thanks, CP.

he pretty much just said that dwight never got over how much of an ******* kobe was. dwight was the type of person to not be "hey thats who he is, lets fix it" but rather the type of person to always be bothered by it.

dwight complained about lack of ball movement - but that usually means that theres no ball movement going to him.

nash thinks it was one of those things that never should have happened and wasn't going to work.

**** Honesty.
**** Nash.

Now he wants to rub it in our faces that he's taking the money even though he's physically done.

And I'm not you.
So **** You.

L2B pissed. :lol:

I don't get why Nash felt the need to say that. It just felt weird watching that clip.

He's likely fed up with being on the Lakers. He figured out at some point that he wasted his last chance at winning a ring coming here and he doesn't care how he's perceived anymore.

You guys literally have no idea who will pan out the greatest among these college dudes.

All your analytics and advanced stats do NOTHING to the unknown future.

It's all on who works, and there's no statistic (that WE have access to) that measures that.

If you're not seeing these dudes UP CLOSE, able to monitor how much film study they do, how much partying they do, how married to the game they are, you know NOTHING of their future.

Every year, I hear "This dude could be LeBron, and this dude... I'm not saying MJ/Kobe, but, I mean, I can see it."

And it's amusing.

It's amusing because, again, people are so vehement that THEIR pick is THE ONE PICK that we HAAAAVE to make.

No, it's not.

The best dude from this draft could be a second-rounder. All it would take would be these top dudes getting injured or not working that hard, expecting their talent to get them by, while some second-rounder is grinding in film sessions and alone in gyms.

You would THINK that a bunch of Kobe fans would know this, considering that he has out-careered his entire class through hard work. And there are tons of examples, in ALL of sports, of exactly that.

Sure, dudes like Sidney Crosby and Lebron James and Magic and Griffey come in and the expectations are high, and they live up, immediately.

Anyone remember how highly sought after Tony Parker was? Yeah, the guy with multiple championships. Arguably the best PG in the league.

How they will work TOMORROW trumps how they are playing TODAY.

Period.

But continue on like YOUR guy is THAT DUDE. 
laugh.gif

(HOWEVER, those who are saying "But his back is already an issue!", I'm totally with you. That's nooooo bueno. I want none of that.)

**** Honesty.
**** Nash.

And I'm not you.
So **** You.
Totally with you.

Completely.

but we really are just evaluating their skill sets right now and predicting how that could translate to the nba game :wow:

what's wrong with that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom