[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Had indy not have matched that contract, hibbert would have been in portland..so what were they supposed to do? Let him go?

He is the anchor for the top defense in the league, that is at least worth something.

doesn't have a defined offensive game and lacks a motor to get it done

41-8-2-4 blocks-5 steals on 12/18 shooting
followed by
30-8-3-1 block - 3 steals on 9/17 shooting

With "no defined offense" and "no motor"

Wonder what he can do when he defines his offensive game, and gets a motor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

41-8-2-4 blocks-5 steals on 12/18 shooting
followed by
30-8-3-1 block - 3 steals on 9/17 shooting

With "no defined offense" and "no motor"

Wonder what he can do when he defines his offensive game, and gets a motor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9 points
2 assist
4 rebounds On 3-7 shooting

15 points
1 assist
4 rebounds on 5-16 shooting

15 points
0 assist
7 rebounds on 5-14 shooting, with an outstanding 1 steal & 2 blocks in these three games. Let me remind you that these were the previous three games before his stat explosion. So lets not act like he's been dominating.

What i would really like to know is where this kid got the Lebron comparisons fro.... there isn't any similarities in their game at all outside of being ridiculously athletic.

Like I said. CP ignores the evidence that goes against his case.

He only uses the evidence that helps.
Like clockwork :lol:

Not ignoring anything. That first game he pointed to? They won by like 30, he played 20 minutes. :lol:

The point(s) are, those two games I showed showed what the kid CAN do, which is, dominate on offense, dominate on defense, fill the stat sheet ALL the way thru, and I didn't even go into specific plays from those games. Like step back 3's, or off the dribble, or cuts to the basket, or footwork, or passing angles, or entry passes

Those two games are mere examples of what an 18 year old kid is capable of.

Maybe we could go back and find poor games from Kobe and LeBron during their rookie years, those will show a "full picture" of what those two would become, right?

Or was it their skill sets?

What i would really like to know is where this kid got the Lebron comparisons fro.... there isn't any similarities in their game at all outside of being ridiculously athletic.

No need to worry about those.

Comparisons are just easy ways to paint a picture, don't have to be exact. Clearly, nobody is LeBron. It's unfair to Wiggins to even do that to him.

Kobe ain't Mike, but he worked out alright, yes?
Wiggins won't be LeBron, but he can work out just fine.

Dude. I'm a wiggins fan. You don't have to convince me. He's been incredible lately. :lol:

I'm just sayin... You did ignore those games.

But I'm not against you on the Wiggins matter. The kid I'm seeing with no Embiid lately is a kid that's destined for greatness.

Why do you think I've been silent about our losing lately? You're damn right I want Wiggins :lol:

Being labeled the best prospect since LeBron =/= Being directly compared to LeBron

If you disagree with Wiggins being the best prospect since LeBron, then that's completely fair. But I don't think any reasonably knowledged fan was comparing Wiggins to LeBron.

Last edited:
The only thing is. P is adamant about how Parker has almost 0 chance to be a better defender (which I still find crazy at that young of an age), but how sure can we be Wiggins will be as good of a defender he is in college in the pros?

I mean. They play different systems. They're required to do different things for their teams right now.

I'm just sayin. Until they're given a fair shot to defend in the league how can we make any final assessments about EITHER of them defensively? Good or bad.

Where they land, and who is their coach will determine how much of a defensive impact they could make.

You really think if a coach like Thibs had an entire season with Parker he wouldn't be able to make him into at least a DECENT nba defender? Like no progress at all? He's reached his peak and won't ever improve?

Honestly just curious. Whose to say Wiggins won't be a complete liability in the league defensively against bigger and stronger opponents? Whose to say he won't be pushed around in the paint? We don't know.

I'm not saying he's gonna be a bust i just don't see him as this superstar there pegging him out to be... we have saw several times over the years kids who have great physical skills have great games and dominate every now and then. when those kids get into the league they become above average borderline all star kind of players. I just don't feel safe picking a kid up who has no great skill and is decent at everything else.

We will see how he steps his game up in the tournament to see if he's really prepared to be that superstar. He "Can" become a great player if he wants but that hasnt stopped dozens of players before him from just being good. I think Parker will be great & i think Exum will be Great... Embiid & Randle i'm also shaky as to where they will end up but i rather take those chances with big men than a wing player.

The only thing is. P is adamant about how Parker has almost 0 chance to be a better defender (which I still find crazy at that young of an age), but how sure can we be Wiggins will be as good of a defender he is in college in the pros?
wiggins already has an athletic advantage over parker, so theres that.

there are no guarantees that both of these guys will be great or poor defensive players in the laegue but it is a risk you have to take with the abilities they have shown so far

wiggins already has an athletic advantage over parker, so theres that.

there are no guarantees that both of these guys will be great or poor defensive players in the laegue but it is a risk you have to take with the abilities they have shown so far

I get he's more athletic. Trust me as a personal trainer I can clearly see who is in better shape between the two :lol:

I just never knew athleticism = guaranteed high quality nba defender.

Is Harden not athletic? Is he not one of the worst defensive SG's in the league most nights?

Last edited:
Wiggins has the footspeed, quickness, wingspan, the fast "second jump" (like Matrix used to have) and overall athletic ability to be all in your ****. It's why I've asked for him to be more Paul George than LeBron, and even that is unfair to the kid cuz George is a monster. (well, before he started takin down white chicks)

Wiggins has the footspeed, quickness, wingspan, the fast "second jump"

Okay now there's something we can work with. Those specific traits can be seen as advantageous to playing better defense with technique. A little more understandable then just pointing out his athleticism.

Wiggins has the footspeed, quickness, wingspan, the fast "second jump" (like Matrix used to have) and overall athletic ability to be all in your ****. It's why I've asked for him to be more Paul George than LeBron, and even that is unfair to the kid cuz George is a monster. (well, before he started takin down white chicks)
gotta expand that range 

LeBron and Kobe weren't great defenders when they entered the L, but they had the tools to be so, when they started to care enough to learn it.

Bari may be a decent defender someday, but he will never have the skills that Wiggins, Bron, Kobe had in terms of quickness, speed and such.

Okay so what you're saying is at this time he has more of a toolset to help him learn to play better defense at a quicker pace than someone with less of those traits? (Jabari)

Gotchu.

I can work with that. I just wanted to make sure none of us were just making the assumption one was going to be great right off the bat and one was always going to be horrible.

Both have the opportunity to grow. But like you've pointed out, one has tools that give him a higher probability to improve at a faster rate.

I'm cool with that explanation.

If there are no red flags on his physical, then I would still draft Embiid.

na man. if the lakers draft embiid it will blow up in their face. back issues linger and he has issues.

I think you have to go

1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. Exum
4. Embiid
5. Smart
6. Randle

After that, you go based on who you think fits right now.

i legit would not go after embiid even if he is available at the 10th spot. srs.

Back
Top Bottom