[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Thing is man, we were NEVER getting full seasons from Nash, Kobe, Pau.

Never.

Hence, 30 wins was generous.

We lost Dwight, Earl, Ron, Jamison and aged a year with Kobe-Nash-Pau.

There was never gonna be a run in this West. Minny the 10 seed, at .500

We never had a chance.

If you noticed. I put Kobe at 50, Nash at like 45ish, and Pau where he was..

I expected the games missed.

But you are lying if you were expecting 6 games from Kobe, 12 from Nash in October

Had they played 50 and 45 respectively. No way we don't win at least 10 more games over the last 49 games.

And that's just those 2. Ignoring the many other injuries this season.

Last edited:
I didn't expect 6 from Kobe, but I knew damn well Nash wasn't helping. :lol

Like I said, 32 W's was me being generous. It was easy to see this coming. Even healthy, those 3 would have been torched all year long.

Meeks is really the only guy from last year to improve this year.

No way if Kobe & Nash played we were only going to win 30 games. Just stop it.

Kobe would have willed an extra 10 W's by himself (even with him recovering from injury)

The only reason we are this low in the win column is because at one point in the season EVERYONE was hurt. As a matter of fact multiple people are STILL hurt lol (farmar, X, etc)

We are lucky to have only won 25 games so far honestly

Pau Gasol may be done for the season, and for Lakers

Lakers are leaning toward sitting him for last seven games because of a recurrence of vertigo before game in Sacramento. He becomes a free agent after this season and it's unsure where he will end up.

By Mike Bresnahan
April 3, 2014, 6:10 p.m.
Pau Gasol might have played his last game in a Lakers uniform.

The team is leaning toward sitting him for its final seven games while he recovers from a severe recurrence of vertigo.

He won't play Friday against Dallas after dizziness kept him confined at the team hotel Wednesday while the Lakers played Sacramento. He flew back on the team charter that night after missing a fifth game because of the illness.

It was the latest downturn in a rough season for Gasol.

In addition to various verbal tussles with Coach Mike D'Antoni about his role in the offense — and the small-ball concept in general — Gasol missed seven games in February because of a strained groin and three games in December because of a respiratory infection.

He leads the team in scoring (17.4 points a game) but is shooting only 48%, the second lowest accuracy of his career.

Gasol, 33, becomes a free agent after this season, sure to take a pay cut from the $19.3 million he currently makes but unsure where he will land. If it's somewhere else, his last game with the Lakers will have been a nine-point, four-rebound effort in a 124-112 loss Tuesday to Portland.

He experienced lingering effects of his illness while making turns on the court that night and theorized he came back too soon. But he jumped on a charter flight with the team, went to Sacramento and appeared to have improved at the team's Wednesday morning meeting.

Gasol ran into trouble while doing his doctor-prescribed exercises that afternoon.

He had been directed to rotate his head several times one way, then several times the other way while standing, a deliberate attempt to make himself slightly dizzy. The recovery time from the exercise had been getting shorter every day for Gasol.

But on Wednesday, he did his head rotations and ended up laid out on the floor. He never made it to the arena.

Kobe Bryant's season ended last month after only six games, and Steve Nash has played only 13 games.

Xavier Henry is not expected to return this season after being slowed by wrist and knee injuries. He averaged 10 points in 43 games.

Nash nominated

Nash was again nominated for the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award, given annually by pro basketball writers to a player, coach or trainer who demonstrated outstanding service and dedication to the community.

Nash won the award in 2007 with Phoenix. Two Lakers won it in recent years — Metta World Peace in 2011 and Gasol in 2012.

Other nominees this season are Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Matt Bonner, Luol Deng, Kevin Durant, Amir Johnson, Kyle Korver, Damian Lillard, Kevin Love and Joakim Noah.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20140404,0,5554551.story

Last edited:
No way if Kobe & Nash played we were only going to win 30 games. Just stop it.

Kobe would have willed an extra 10 W's by himself (even with him recovering from injury)

The only reason we are this low in the win column is because at one point in the season EVERYONE was hurt. As a matter of fact multiple people are STILL hurt lol (farmar, X, etc)

We are lucky to have only won 25 games so far honestly
I think if healthy, the ceiling would have been like 35 wins. So I guess that's 10 extra wins. :lol

Last edited:
Yeah, these guys havin a hard time accepting it. :lol

35-36 year old in his 18th season with 50,000+ NBA minutes, coming off an Achilles injury and not able to so much as jog for 6 months was worth an extra 10 wins, by himself.

In the NBA

Come on fellas. :lol

imo kobe is good as done

straight out of high school to the nba no matter how much you work out that body gonna break down

hes gonna do to us the next two years what nash has been doing these past two years :lol

they shoulda never signed him to an extension

Bruh I don't care what you say honestly
You are talking about arguably top 5 player ever to play this game healthy wouldn't of added an extra 10 wins to this season... Lol ight man ight

You can give me his old age,some near death injury, I do not care.

Then a healthy Nash AND Kobe would have only netted at best 32 wins :lol

GeeeZuss

Bruh I don't care what you say honestly
You are talking about arguably top 5 player ever to play this game healthy wouldn't of added an extra 10 wins to this season... Lol ight man ight

You can give me his old age,some near death injury, I do not care.

Then a healthy Nash AND Kobe would have only netted at best 32 wins :lol

GeeeZuss

a healthy nash ?

we might as well be saying if a younger bill russell was out there we would be winning games

you forget this team would be playing way different if kobe was on the floor

ball movement would be stopped. other dudes wouldnt be doing what they are doing right now

you can have all the will in the world but if you aint got that lift no more your shot not gonna go in as much as it use to

Well let me preface my comments: we all are speaking in hypotheticals at this point.

I'm not arguing what most are saying but some stuff y'all say makes 0 sense.

This team right now is at 25 wins. We may end the season with 27 wins.

So if Kobe & Nash actually played this year 35 wins is far fetched???!!

That doesn't even mathematically make sense bros lol

As much as you guys hate to admit it or not. Minus injuries this team would prob be in the mix with Dallas/Suns/Grizzlies fighting for that 8th spot.

We aren't as bad as some would wish. So yes, we are VERY lucky to have this many losses as we have.

As much as you guys hate to admit it or not. Minus injuries this team would prob be in the mix with Dallas/Suns/Grizzlies fighting for that 8th spot.

We aren't as bad as some would wish. So yes, we are VERY lucky to have this many losses as we have.

No dude, it was never happening.

Look, for NEXT year, I can see Kobe maybe being able to help. Maybe.

He will have a FULL offseason to work, train, run, cut, jumpers, bounce, everything. Even at this age, MAYBE, he can work out enough to help the team next year. Not a given, but maybe.

THIS year, the man could not even jog for 8 months. Jog dude. Jog.

That don't even speak on playing defense (which he didn't do anymore even when he was healthy), the fact he couldn't shoot at all for 8 months. No cuts. No NOTHING.

You think, a high mileage guy can come in off the couch, and win games, in the NBA? :lol :lol :lol

And 40 year old Nash was gonna last 9 months, after what we saw last year. Sure. :lol

No dude, it was never happening.

Look, for NEXT year, I can see Kobe maybe being able to help. Maybe.

He will have a FULL offseason to work, train, run, cut, jumpers, bounce, everything. Even at this age, MAYBE, he can work out enough to help the team next year. Not a given, but maybe.

THIS year, the man could not even jog for 8 months. Jog dude. Jog.

That don't even speak on playing defense (which he didn't do anymore even when he was healthy), the fact he couldn't shoot at all for 8 months. No cuts. No NOTHING.

You think, a high mileage guy can come in off the couch, and win games, in the NBA? :lol :lol :lol

And 40 year old Nash was gonna last 9 months, after what we saw last year. Sure. :lol

No I don't think an average high mileage guy could come in off the couch and win NBA games ...but I think Kobe could have.

Call me what you want. It may just be my silly faith in one of the greatest. But so be it. Until I see Kobe just fully broken down and a shell of himself for a full season and not just 6 games I won't believe it.

I know deep down inside that's the fan in me talking, I'll admit that. But so be it. I have to see it with my own eyes until then I won't assume anything. Sorry.

Minus the 6 games he played this year (which isn't a fair assessment) ...the last time we saw Kobe play he had 1 of the best seasons in his career statistically.

And Nash you are right. I could care less about that lame. But in Nash I clearly said assuming he was healthy. But that's like saying if big foot was alive sooooo yea

he is pumping hgh as we speak. dudes gonna come back like this year didn't even happen. i fully expect 2 dunk bys and 3 dunk ons his first game back

I hear you Jo, I really do, I understand, but I don't speak with Laker glasses on. I'm not tryin to get at you like you blind and dumb or anything, I'm just goin by the numbers.

If the player was 28, I would have more faith, but at 35 with those miles, 8 months on a couch, no way in the world. That's like asking Wizards MJ to be 93 MJ, not happening.

Next year, MAYBE, he can help. But I don't expect it. I'll be happy with 70 games and maybe a 21-4-4 type season, and even that is long on odds.

he is pumping hgh as we speak. dudes gonna come back like this year didn't even happen. i fully expect 2 dunk bys and 3 dunk ons his first game back

:lol
That's def stretching it. But I def think when Kobe goes to Germany he is getting more than knew injections lol

I can agree with that CP. We agree.

But what if I'm not asking Kobe to be like the comparison to 93 Jordan. What if Kobe was just 2012-2013 Kobe?? Would that not suffice??

I can agree with that CP. We agree.

But what if I'm not asking Kobe to be like the comparison to 93 Jordan. What if Kobe was just 2012-2013 Kobe?? Would that not suffice??

That Kobe was not coming back, this year. That's the whole point.

Kobe dying in mid April, ended his chance at wrecking **** for this year. If he had that injury in December of 2012, and sat til December of 2013, maybe he makes a run for 4 months. MAYBE.

He did it in April man. He wasn't doing ANYTHING this year of note, outside just getting on the court and getting work/reps in for next year.

Again, in a BEST case scenario, say he was healthy enough to play 55+ games. He already was poor on defense, it would get even worse,and his 30-35 minutes a night would then take away minutes from Meeks, Young, or Swaggy, all younger guys with more energy. They aren't great defenders, but they can at least move in all directions quickly, this year's Kobe would not be able to cut, rotate, help and recover, etc.

And this is all stuff that was said in here before the season, not like I'm using revisionist history, this was predicted.

Back
Top Bottom