[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
We just need to get Byron off TWCsportsnet and on the Lakers sideline as a coach.

I'm a little drunk so don't mind me.

CcHSm4D.png

I don't know how, but I found some old site that is real time, June of 2004 and sure enough, they are discussing all the potential Shaq trades.

Holy, ****. :lol: :lol:

Damn near every team was kicking our tires. And it's funny, someone damn near nailed the actual deal. Odom, Grant, and they had Wade, instead of Butler.

Sure enough, I saw the Amare/Matrix questions.
Dirk
Pau
Damon, Z-Bo, Theo Ratliff, and the #13 from Portland.
Elton Brand and Corey Magette from the Clipps.

Lot of it is chatter, but just like we do today, where we pull in rumors from sites, radio, Twitter, etc, they were collecting the similar stuff and everyone was talkin about what they hoped for and such. Pretty crazy, given all the 2004 perspectives. Like Amare could be a potential HOF player. :lol: :lol:

This whole Phil Jackson and Knicks situation, in my mind clears up why Mike D'Antoni was chosen and why Dr. Buss wasn't giving Phil much time to make a decision.

Phil likes to be a spectacle and likes the rumors, and being apart of the circus.

Last edited:

Mike brown never game him a fair shot.
mean.gif
at that time there too many sf's on the team

metta, barnes, kapono, walton, ebanks

i think the team had a full roster and wouldve had to send down darius miles or goudelock
Considering kapono, walton, ebanks, darius morris, goudelock are all out of the league.

And Gerald Green is balling out on the suns.

I think its safe to say Mike Brown didn't evaluate players very well.

He sucked on the Pacers last year.

It's all about systems, and Gerald Green wasn't a good basketball player until recently before then he was terrible. Happens to be in a system that works for him right now.

He sucked on the Pacers last year.

It's all about systems, and Gerald Green wasn't a good basketball player until recently before then he was terrible. Happens to be in a system that works for him right now.
Doesn't change the fact that all those players we had ******* sucked, they're out of the league.

This whole Phil Jackson and Knicks situation, in my mind clears up why Mike D'Antoni was chosen and why Dr. Buss wasn't giving Phil much time to make a decision.

Phil likes to be a spectacle and likes the rumors, and being apart of the circus.

Phil loves attention, but given his history, especially with LA...it wouldn't have been the worse thing to allow him some time to ponder. I think it's fair to say he's earned that.

I honestly feel like this Phil slander continues until he is back w/ a winning franchise again.

And yes, I absolutely believe it will happen again.

It's not really slander though. We've all seen how Phil can be, it's not like this is just popping up now

Last edited:
Gerald didn't get the minutes in Indy playing behind PG who had a breakout year last year... Gerald's a pretty decent defender too, especially as a SF being able to step out and defend PGs. I'm happy for Juvie...

As far as Phil goes, its just too much clashing between him and the Buss family for him to be anything other than a head coach for us. Way too many egos for one front office to deal with....

Steve Nash COY, he already has the suits to prove it :pimp:

Baron Davis as his assistant :smokin

Last edited:
Again right system.

He played 60 games, 18mpg last year. Shot 36.6% from the field on 7 shots a game last year.

Gerald Green was awful last year. Couldn't get down the defensive schemes and wasn't hitting enough shots.

got this from the " did you know thread" 

put GG has half a finger on his right hand
Gerald+Green+.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom