**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Are we taking on money for next year or not? I think that's the only way to get a 1st for him. Should've taken that Asik deal, don't see us getting a better asset than that for JC.

I doubt it but there aren't many expiring deals at the guard position outside of a Lou or Bradley and I'm not sure the Clippers will trade them across the hall. But trying to get an expiring saves Randle. Can basically replace JC's salary with his when the time comes.

Last edited:
Are we taking on money for next year or not? I think that's the only way to get a 1st for him. Should've taken that Asik deal, don't see us getting a better asset than that for JC.

Yea if they passed on the asik deal on top of not signing 2 max deals and still trying to trade JC, that's a big whiff. Good chance that's a lotto pick

I doubt it but there aren't many expiring deals at the guard position outside of a Lou or Bradley and I'm not sure the Clippers will trade them across the hall. But trying to get an expiring saves Randle. Can basically replace JC's salary with hidden the time comes.
Right, but getting an expiring for JC only matters if you need the space now. If they're punting till 2019 there's no need to dump him.

If they're really serious about punting then they would use Brook/KCP to take on bad contracts and get assets. You can move JC whenever if you really need the space.

Brook, KCP & Nance better be off this team by Thursday.

We toppling Magic's statue like Saddam's if PG doesn't sign this summer.

I find the change in direction puzzling. It seems like Magic and Rob are trying to control the narrative in case they strike out in free agency. This is why I thought them publicly talking about the 2 max free agent strategy was a bad move: it alienated most of the players currently on the roster and puts alot of pressure on the front office to produce during the summer.

We look even more foolish by publicly changing directions. Why does our front office feel the to need make public statements about their intentions anyway? Do the other 29 management teams do this? It's one thing for the media and fans to speculate and draw their own conclusions on what teams will likely do, its another for the front office to come out and say it publicly over and over again. What are they gaining by telling everyone their plans? It doesn't create much leverage in trade talks and it doesn't help with current players.

There were 3 max free agents available this summer: Bron, PG, and Boogie.

There are now 2 available given Boogie's injury: Bron and PG.

They are still going to pursue both players, and still have a great shot at landing PG. Bron is and was a longer shot but basically if they can get PG this off-season will be a rousing success.

They all of a sudden aren't just giving up on this off-season, just no Deng or Moz deals should they end up with only one.

While I’m over here rolling my eyes at this new “direction”
Remember that the transparent plan of this FO is no government secret
While the FO would like to unload salary, you 3/4 of the league close to the cap or over it who are not gonna just help the Lakers with their master plan.

These guys prematurely blue themselves

But I still think We try to at least get PG
If that happens then the team revisits trades to build a playoff team while not sacrificing cap space in the 2019

George Hill, Jerryd Bayless, JR Smith, Jared Dudley, Alec Burks, Kyle Singler, Aminu, Lance Thomas, Demarre Carroll, Teletovic, Zach Randolph, Kenneth Faried, Robin Lopez, Tyson Chandler, Gortat.

All players with negative value (some more than others) that would also allow us to go after 2019 free agents.

Pretty sure they could trade for one or more of those contracts and still be able to move things around for PG.

Eric Pincus‏Verified account
@EricPincus

It's more about the messaging all year, as Bogut said, it impacted the locker room. The media didn't create the 2 max plan. It came from public statements from Magic and Rob. I'd argue inexperience. No reason not to have the plan but to broadcast on day 1 was probably a turnover

24K Magic in the aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr

giphy.gif

Makes no sense whatsoever.
“Giannis will help the Bucks win a championship one day” -Magic

“OMG THAT MUST MEAN HE WANTS ALPHABET TO COME TO THE LAKERS LETS FINE THEM WHEUDBSJAISBSH” -NBA

Well......I mean, Magic might as well go all in and tamper with the other 27 teams just to make his case even across the board. :lol:

Try to at least make it a little harder on the league to spot. :lol:

Steve Kerr joked about bringing LeBron over to the Suns when he was an exec and was only fined 10k

But this generic *** answer to an interview question from ESPN is 50k
Hilarious

It's a pattern a behavior... Just tell this ignoramus to stop commenting on players under contract and stay away from a microphone for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom